What are you playing?

Am I the only one who thinks Grisaia is just too freaking long ?

It's sloooow ... I can't finish the game because I get bored every 10 minutes because nothing happens ...

Once you are set on a route, unless it's on michiru's or yumiko's the actual story doesn't kick in until at least 4 hours of gameplay ... And this is so annoying, especially when I have to endure 4 hours of Makina ...

The character is soooo annoying ! Please tell me her story quickly so something can make her interesting God damn it !

I think it is good so far and I like the quirky characters but I would have liked to see more gameplay. Even if my responses didn't impact the overall story I'd get a better sense of being the character instead of watching them

Finished Rewrite last night. It wasn't perfect, but it was still pretty excellent, so I gave it a 9/10.

Next up for me: The Muv-Luv trilogy. 

Great series. Gotta truck through Extra though. I enjoyed Extra but a lot of people have issues with it, however Unlimited/Alternative are excellent.

Great series. Gotta truck through Extra though. I enjoyed Extra but a lot of people have issues with it, however Unlimited/Alternative are excellent.

Extra was super cliched. Of course, it's super cliched so as to make the contrast between it and Unlimited/Alternative even more distinct. And while you only need to finish Meiya and Sumika's routes, I played all of them. I think doing that makes experiencing Unlimited/Alternative that much deeper.

Extra was super cliched. Of course, it's super cliched so as to make the contrast between it and Unlimited/Alternative even more distinct. And while you only need to finish Meiya and Sumika's routes, I played all of them. I think doing that makes experiencing Unlimited/Alternative that much deeper.

i read the manga of unlimited and alternative ( my pc sucked before so didn't had enough memory for download the vn ) but for alternative , i know that the story is great but i don't like the ending so i just can't bring myself to play it . I'll maybe finish Unlimited one day ( i started it ) . In muv luv series i think i prefer Muv luv alternative total eclipse , the anime was great and i'll maybe try the vn .

I've actually really liked the humour in Extra - all the crazy effects exaggerated it in a hilarious way, and I love that kind of overblown humour. :D Though sure, the story itself was boring.

Just started Akatsuki no Goei today, seeing that the language is simple enough even for me to read without any serious problems. I'm just a few hours in, but I already love the dynamic between the main character and Reika. And that Tsuki maid... that's just too good. :D The MC is great too - just when I thought Grisaia had a MC like no other, I came across this. I'm already liking this VN a lot. :) I hear the second one is even better?

It is, but since it's a direct sequel you'll have to play in order.

Wish I can find something as great as the second Akagoei...

Oh, awesome! And even if it was a million times better, I wouldn't skip the first one either way. I even started reading it already, and I'm liking it a lot. How's the difficulty in the sequel? I heard it's much harder than the first, but in what way?

Oh, awesome! And even if it was a million times better, I wouldn't skip the first one either way. I even started reading it already, and I'm liking it a lot. How's the difficulty in the sequel? I heard it's much harder than the first, but in what way?

It's harder yeah, compared to the prequel it has a lot more action scenes, more story and more frequent monologues I suppose. Simply said it spikes more often with harder to understand scenes. You will likely be used to the prequel's language, so as long as you use JParser or some software like, it shouldn't be a big problem to read it.

Edit: I completed Draculius, I ended up playing it literally all day haha. Man I really enjoyed it. I guessed I had some issues with reading it too slowly messing up the pacing of the story a few months ago. I was right, the story and scenes flowed much more naturally and dragged me in quickly so I didn't get bored. I'd give this game a 8/10 or something lower before, but seriously 9 is what it deserves considering how much I enjoyed it now. So I gave it a 9 ^^

I am currently playing now Anaxael thanks to Vokoca.

Man, really wish I could read untranslated Japanese VN. How much of a time sink is it to learn how to read Japanese? And consequently translate it into English?

Actually i can't read japanese , i'm using Vnr and misaki for have the unvoiced text in romaji and misaki voice it.

How's the difficulty in the sequel? I heard it's much harder than the first, but in what way?

There'll be more stuff you can call "politics" - especially in "other side of the moon" part (you'll know what I'm talkin about when you're there). But it's not much more difficult, especially after you're used to the writing style of the first game.

Man, really wish I could read untranslated Japanese VN. How much of a time sink is it to learn how to read Japanese? And consequently translate it into English?

Don't try to learn first and read second - start reading and learning at the same time and you'll be to enjoy the process.

Edit: I completed Draculius, I ended up playing it literally all day haha. Man I really enjoyed it. I guessed I had some issues with reading it too slowly messing up the pacing of the story a few months ago. I was right, the story and scenes flowed much more naturally and dragged me in quickly so I didn't get bored. I'd give this game a 8/10 or something lower before, but seriously 9 is what it deserves considering how much I enjoyed it now. So I gave it a 9 ^^

Great VNs are great, wish we had more of that kind...

It's harder yeah, compared to the prequel it has a lot more action scenes, more story and more frequent monologues I suppose. Simply said it spikes more often with harder to understand scenes. You will likely be used to the prequel's language, so as long as you use JParser or some software like, it shouldn't be a big problem to read it.

(...)

There'll be more stuff you can call "politics" - especially in "other side of the moon" part (you'll know what I'm talkin about when you're there). But it's not much more difficult, especially after you're used to the writing style of the first game.

Thanks for the awesome replies! Vocabulary should be no problem with Mecab/JParser, the only thing that scares me a bit is the grammar. I still stumble on that at times in the more descriptive scenes... but hopefully by the time I get to the second one, I'll be better at it. :D

You should be able to learn both the kanas in a month, or even faster if you keep at it - then you just need to learn some grammar if you don't know it already. After that, just read, read, read - you'll learn and gain the experience at the same time, it's better than lying in textbooks. :)

Read more of AkaGoei. I think all of the heroines were introduced by now, but still no OP... strange. :o Either way, I like Tsuki more and more with each scene she is in. After the suffering that was Isuzu in HoshiMemo, Tsuki nearly makes me explode with happiness, that's what a splendid kuudere she is compared to the HoshiMemo horrors. Such a funny character, gotta love her. :D

alright, time to give STEINS;GATE a try. im looking forward to a romance-free read

You might want to pick a different VN then. It's definitely not the focus, but it is still there.