What are you playing?

It will leave you frustrated, possibly. It's a massive cliffhanger ending that is only resolved at the very end of the sequel.

Yep. While I have to admit that the VN as a whole was objectively good, the ending failed to satisfy my. In fact, the entire story felt like it was missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. Guess i'll go write up a review and see if I can figure out what it is.

In any case, I plan to play the sequel once it's translated.

A quick question for anyone who's played it though:

Does Toko still have her arms and legs removed in the true ending? You're never shown explicitly but in the other endings they make a big deal out of it being required to fit her in the baby carriage. I think part of my disappointment with the ending is that achieving a satisfying resolution would be near-impossible for me if Toko were damaged in such a way.

Yep. While I have to admit that the VN as a whole was objectively good, the ending failed to satisfy my. In fact, the entire story felt like it was missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. Guess i'll go write up a review and see if I can figure out what it is.

In any case, I plan to play the sequel once it's translated.

A quick question for anyone who's played it though:

Does Toko still have her arms and legs removed in the true ending? You're never shown explicitly but in the other endings they make a big deal out of it being required to fit her in the baby carriage. I think part of my disappointment with the ending is that achieving a satisfying resolution would be near-impossible for me if Toko were damaged in such a way.

I kinda agree. In my review I called this "the mystery is more interesting than its actual solution" or something along those lines. I loved the middle of the game when Reiji is still trying to track down the killer and such, but when the culprits were revealed, I was like "oh, that's it?". Still a good VN, but overall I preferred the sequel.

As for your question,

Touko's limbs are missing in the true ending, and consequently, in the sequel as well.

Just finished my first route on Katawa Shoujo..
I enjoyed the center story around it and i thought it was interesting, Although it felt like it jumped ahead quiet quickly in terms of the Relationship, or that might just be me.
On a side note of the Route i thought there might of been a climax to the story when

He recieved the letter from Iwanako. And when he scrunched it up and it landed somewhere between his desk, i Thought some sort of drama would happen if "someone" were to find it.

But in the end nothing happened but i enjoyed it still.
Cant wait to try the next one.

Just finished my first route on Katawa Shoujo..

I enjoyed the center story around it and i thought it was interesting, Although it felt like it jumped ahead quiet quickly in terms of the Relationship, or that might just be me.

On a side note of the Route i thought there might of been a climax to the story when

He recieved the letter from Iwanako. And when he scrunched it up and it landed somewhere between his desk, i Thought some sort of drama would happen if "someone" were to find it.

But in the end nothing happened but i enjoyed it still.

Cant wait to try the next one.

Let me guess, was it Emi's route?

Haha it was.. Well if you had to guess does that mean the routes are forced or can you actually choose :\

You can choose, but while the other routes depend on a couple of choices, to get Emi's route the only thing you need to do is choose to push yourself on the track (iirc). Because of this most people end up getting her route first, myself included. :P

Haha it was.. Well if you had to guess does that mean the routes are forced or can you actually choose :\

You can choose, I've done Hanako's and Shizune's so far. :)

I've started over on Sengoku Rance again, this time taking the time to read the story carefully rather than just focusing on the gameplay.  It's turning out to be quite enjoyable, better than I expected, all the historical references/parody are pretty amusing.  I'm back to the Demon Xavier part, but I'm much better prepared so hopefully I'll manage.

(edit : beaten to the reply)

That is so weird..I wanted to actually do Hanako's route first and some how and some way I ended up with Emi who I didn't feel like doing at all :\...
Ah well Thanks sorry for going off Topic.
Edit: Didn't see Flutterz Post..
I see how it is then...I actually think I chose that decision by accident >:\ Ugh. Atleast I know better now.

Family Project but the old man is the most annoying character ever after Kenji from KS.

If you don't like how Family Project has started off then it may be best not to continue because it really doesn't get any better. I played 2 of the endings and neither of them were particularly well done.

Just finished Tomoyo after. Can't say I felt too much for Tomoyo after. its above average but overall i think Tomoyo's character change was too big and the change in voice actor didn't help.

Gonna resume rewrite tomorrow...did anyone get the Keys 10th anniversary box?  If so whats different between the ME version and the original (besides the fact its all age ver).

You can choose, but while the other routes depend on a couple of choices, to get Emi's route the only thing you need to do is choose to push yourself on the track (iirc). Because of this most people end up getting her route first, myself included. :P

The sad part is Emi was the last route I did (Of the ones I actually wanted to do) simply because I was scared shitless that pushing ourselves would lead to us croaking.

I went Hanako > Lilly > Emi

Playing Muv'Luv Extra right now. I'm finished with Tama's route and I'm almost done with Ayamine's. After this, I may move one to ML:A immediately afterwards, but that depends on how much I enjoy Unlimited. If not, I also have Canvas 2 downloaded, and then there is G-senjou no Maou, which I am thinking about picking back up.

Playing Muv'Luv Extra right now. I'm finished with Tama's route and I'm almost done with Ayamine's. After this, I may move one to ML:A immediately afterwards, but that depends on how much I enjoy Unlimited. If not, I also have Canvas 2 downloaded, and then there is G-senjou no Maou, which I am thinking about picking back up.

FINISH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I finished Hinatabokko, cute, very cute, overally very enjoyable.  Time to start Soul Link, planning on finishing it within the next few weeks so I can start on Harukoi Otome, and then ef for the christmas season.

I've heard that MuvLuv Unlimited is pretty much necessary to understand what's going on in Alternative, though I don't actually know myself as i've only just started Extra.

And it would be a sin not to finish G-Senjou no Maou

Just finished Tomoyo after. Can't say I felt too much for Tomoyo after. its above average but overall i think Tomoyo's character change was too big and the change in voice actor didn't help.

Gonna resume rewrite tomorrow...did anyone get the Keys 10th anniversary box?  If so whats different between the ME version and the original (besides the fact its all age ver).

I quite liked Tomoyo After (once i'd gotten past that first bit); possibly even more than I liked Clannad. That was a while ago though so i'm not sure I can trust my memory on that.

I amazed that I actually finished Rewrite...I didn't particularly like it.

I've heard that MuvLuv Unlimited is pretty much necessary to understand what's going on in Alternative, though I don't actually know myself as i've only just started Extra.

Unlimited is sort of a foretaste of Alternative. It allows to let the universe sink in, build up some future important stuff, and get the mandatory boot camp part of any military SF work out of the way. It's not satisfying in itself and you might not find it great if you're not into military SF, but it's still quite enjoyable to play through. 

Well still playing Katawa Shoujo...Hoping to hit the route I wanted I unconsciously hit a bad end... The route choices on Katawa Shoujo seem to be harder for me to choose from compared to the only Vn's I have tried..
Well The Dead End on KS wasn't that bad, It atleast had a ending compared to the Dead end from Snow Sakura..

Well still playing Katawa Shoujo...Hoping to hit the route I wanted I unconsciously hit a bad end... The route choices on Katawa Shoujo seem to be harder for me to choose from compared to the only Vn's I have tried..

Well The Dead End on KS wasn't that bad, It atleast had a ending compared to the Dead end from Snow Sakura..

I'm sure that part of the reason why it's more difficult is that the devs purposely made it so that the choices are scrambled. :P

Also Rin's choices are complicated and Hanako's aren't what you'd expect in a VN, Lilly's and Shizune's good ends are easy to get though.

If you don't like how Family Project has started off then it may be best not to continue because it really doesn't get any better. I played 2 of the endings and neither of them were particularly well done.

I finished Matsuris ending and while I didn't like her as a character I liked her ending. (The only character that appeals to me is Aoba so I'm thinking of doing her route as well and hope she has a good ending like Matsuri, I liked Jun as well until I learned about her past with Tsukasa so I'm put off on doing her route.)

I guess since there's no True End to this I'll just be happy with Matsuri/Aoba.

Thinking about starting Da Capo now.

I quite liked Tomoyo After (once i'd gotten past that first bit); possibly even more than I liked Clannad. That was a while ago though so i'm not sure I can trust my memory on that.

I amazed that I actually finished Rewrite...I didn't particularly like it.

Don't get me wrong, i really liked Tomoyo After, but it felt like she was very different from Clannad. Also did the 2 have different illustrators or did the illustrator just decide to change the art style?

Visual Novels are the one medium where I think using walkthroughs should be encouraged. Often the choices don't make it obvious which path you're going down, which can be frustrating if you're only after a particular ending. Also (though this isn't true for Katawa Shoujo), many VNs have a true ending which is far superior to the other endings, so it would be a real shame if someone missed out on a true end because they didn't know it existed.

Don't get me wrong, i really liked Tomoyo After, but it felt like she was very different from Clannad. Also did the 2 have different illustrators or did the illustrator just decide to change the art style?

2 different illustrators. I found the change in art style a little jarring but didn't mind it after a while.

Visual Novels are the one medium where I think using walkthroughs should be encouraged. Often the choices don't make it obvious which path you're going down, which can be frustrating if you're only after a particular ending. Also (though this isn't true for Katawa Shoujo), many VNs have a true ending which is far superior to the other endings, so it would be a real shame if someone missed out on a true end because they didn't know it existed.

2 different illustrators. I found the change in art style a little jarring but didn't mind it after a while.

Ahh I see...Although I can see the need for Walkthroughs, I guess in my opinion I feel like I make an accomplishment If I have completed it through sheer effort alone xD.

I think I have only used a walkthrough once which was on my first Vn which was Snow Sakura.

But I see what you mean and I might take a look at it a bit later today, Thanks.