What are you playing?

I've been playing Tsukihime for the first time over the last week. I feel like I had a mistaken impression of it prior to starting it. I finished the Arcueid and Ciel routes and am starting up the Akiha route now. The first two routes were alright, although it's obviously a bit rougher than Fate in most areas. At least the action is still fairly well written.

Just finished Mayucchi's route in Majikoi, and while it was nice, it felt rather short.  Anyone know the line count for all the routes?  I tried to find it myself but I don't really know where to look, so I got jack from the google search.  I'm hoping it's actually short and I'm not just imagining things.

Gonna start on her afterstory.  After reading Wanko's, I expect it to be 100% H without any real substance.  Miyako's tricked me into thinking that they weren't just extra h-scenes, but I guess all of hers just got stuffed into her route instead.  Very tricky, Minatosoft.

EDIT: The second line of Mayucchi's afterstory is

"Yukie has a great body even though she's younger than me, and she happily accepts my sexual desires."

Yeah, it's gonna be 100% plot :makina:

Finished Agave route in Majikoi. It really deserves to be the final route. Now I just need to read the after stories and do rest of the side routes. And maybe read Chris-route. I couldn't stand her, so I just skipped her route.

I didn't really like Miyako's route, she was fine as comic relief character, but as a main focus it didn't really work. But all the other routes were great, I liked the battle events in Momoyo's and Mayucchi's routes. Wanko's route was my favorite among the main heroines routes. It was really sweet and it had the best character development.

I've been playing Tsukihime for the first time over the last week. I feel like I had a mistaken impression of it prior to starting it. I finished the Arcueid and Ciel routes and am starting up the Akiha route now. The first two routes were alright, although it's obviously a bit rougher than Fate in most areas. At least the action is still fairly well written.

Tsukihime's got a strange route system. From what I've gathered, Arc+Ciel routes are just there to fully explain setting, Akiha route's there to make sure people understand incest isn't wincest, and the rest is a mini Higurashi-esque story.

Also Sacchan has no route. Fuck you, Type Moon. You removed Taiga route too. Fuck you.

Just finished Mayucchi's route in Majikoi, and while it was nice, it felt rather short.  Anyone know the line count for all the routes?  I tried to find it myself but I don't really know where to look, so I got jack from the google search.  I'm hoping it's actually short and I'm not just imagining things.

Gonna start on her afterstory.  After reading Wanko's, I expect it to be 100% H without any real substance.  Miyako's tricked me into thinking that they weren't just extra h-scenes, but I guess all of hers just got stuffed into her route instead.  Very tricky, Minatosoft.

EDIT: The second line of Mayucchi's afterstory is

"Yukie has a great body even though she's younger than me, and she happily accepts my sexual desires."

Yeah, it's gonna be 100% plot :makina:

When you finish Momoyo's route, make sure you have enough time to read Agave in one sitting. I ended up reading it until I had to sleep and it was difficult for me to put down. Made it hard to sleep too, lol. I worked really hard to get myself back on a regular sleep schedule and didn't want to lose it. ;_; It's been very interesting so far.

I wish more games where on android I always chill in the evening with my tablet watching anime, posting on forums, listening to J-pop.

I guess no one is ever gonna port Muv Luv to VNDS.

I still have a few games I'll never get round too on my Windows partition of my Imac.

So... working my way through one route of CGA, I moved onto something...

... better.

Browsed through the 50 VNs to Read Before You Die Thread, and thought Planetarian sounded pretty good. Finished it up this morning...

RIP Yumemi

... I'm tempted to make up a bouqet out of random junk and take it to the local Planetarium. I wonder what the employees would think...

Pointless stats system? Sounds like F/SN to me. Is there really any point to those stats...? I mean, other than to show off just how powerful Gilgamesh and Berzerker are?

Nah, actually it's just my impression, since I have no exp with Cation series. According to the game, your stats will change the level of "dere" when a heroine talk to you, unlock new conversations and blah blah, though it doesn't show in the trial. Still pointless though <_<

-------------------------------------------------

Just jumped over to Ama Koi Syrups, totally didn't notice that it's practically a nukige. Not even done with the prologue, and the MC already lost his virginity from being raped by his osananajimi. Wow plot.

F/SN was quite slow, and I decided to give Chaos; Head a try as well. It is kind of interesting -more so than F/SN right now- but I think the game failed to save my progress just now.

Will be progressing with F/SN and C;H.

F/SN has a very deliberate pacing to it. Even when things get crazy, they always break up the action to give us yet another cooking scene. Type-Moon takes their slice-of-life approach to chuuni very seriously, that's their whole schtick. You experience almost every waking moment of the protagonists' lives. 

F/SN was quite slow, and I decided to give Chaos; Head a try as well. It is kind of interesting -more so than F/SN right now- but I think the game failed to save my progress just now.

Will be progressing with F/SN and C;H.

...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand C;H did not save shit.

F/SN is slow as fuck, so you might feel the need to repeatedly bang your head against the wall near the beginning. This is understandable. You ARE playing as Shirou, after all. If, after finishing the Fate route, you are still reluctant to continue, I would suggest it is better to just stop reading right then and there.

Did you make sure C;H isn't in read-only mode? It always caused problems for me because of that. Also, there is a bug in Chapter 6/7 which causes the saves in that area to become corrupted. Other saves will continue to work just fine, but they will be unloadable. You might also encounter a problem with one of the bad ends in that area, in that you will be unable to access it. Ignore it. I have tried every combination, and yet it incessantly avoids that specific bad end.

F/SN has a very deliberate pacing to it. Even when things get crazy, they always break up the action to give us yet another cooking scene. Type-Moon takes their slice-of-life approach to chuuni very seriously, that's their whole schtick. You experience almost every waking moment of the protagonists' lives. 

Lol, I've always hated schticks like that. Type-Moon paced itself better in Tsukihime. In F/SN, it just feels rather/ dis/joint/ed  and I really don't feel like I wan't to experience being Shirou. His morals are so contradictory, his stupidity unmatched, his power is luck, and his supporter is the only thing that's kept him going for so long.