What are you playing?

better to pause yumina after each route, cause the grinding is bit overdosed & you might loose your will to continue. yu-no is fucking great & i hope they wont mess the remake up

I used cheat engine myself, made grinding painless. http://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5496183&sid=788822f8a9bfb1b19e67375b5d3e047fif you are interested

Is that true that Utawarerumono is overly buggy on Windows 7 ? I'm interested in it but it seems to be a real pain to make it works normally from what I've read.

I have windows 8 so can't say for sure, but I think it should run alright on 7. Utawarerumono is pretty nice so I hope you can get it to work.

I used cheat engine myself, made grinding painless. http://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5496183&sid=788822f8a9bfb1b19e67375b5d3e047fif you are interested

I'll play without the cheat engine for now, but thanks anyway. If the grind ever gets to me I'll consider using it.

Is that true that Utawarerumono is overly buggy on Windows 7 ? I'm interested in it but it seems to be a real pain to make it works normally from what I've read.

PS2 version is where it's at man. It was a huge upgrade.

+All ages (okay maybe that's just a plus for me)

+New battle system with programming help from Flight Plan, who make lots of good SRPGs that never get released in the US

+Voices

+Freaking amazing new vocal OP from Suara who did the amazing OP for the anime too:

If they haven't already found a way to dump the English script from the PC translation into the PS2 version they really need to because the PS2 version is 110% better.

It shouldn't be impossible to dump the PC translation into PS2 version, I think...But I don't know which file(s) contains the script, that's the problem.

Somebody is already translating the PSP version, which has a few further enhancements, but they're doing it from scratch so it will take a while. Progress seems slow, I kind of doubt it will ever happen.

The PC version isn't very buggy. The main problem is that it runs too fast which can make the timed hits difficult, but there's a very easy fix using Cheat Engine, use the speed hack to slow down the speed. Also the PC version is fully voiced, not sure why getsuya listed that as a plus for the console one. The all-ages thing is probably a plus, though, because its h-scenes are hilariously stupid and worthless. :P

Finished Miyako's route.

I think that the route was pretty and doesn't deserve all the bashing that some people are giving it. True it isn't as ridiculously extravagant as the other routes but it's good nonetheless. If anything it's more realistic than all the other routes.

Though I also found it to be a bit mild, and really missed the Battle Royale that had happened at the end of the other routes. Well that Battle Royale was one the things that was looking forward to the most. At one point I even thought that the final fight would be against the Ayanokoji family.

It was certainly nice to see the character development of Miyako, her character development was definitely better than that of Momoyo and Chris. 

And I really hadn't expected that Miyako and Chris would become this close. That last cg at the end showing adult Miyako and Chris was nice too(I guess that's the only time we were actually shown their adult selves).

For now,

Best route : Momoyo >> Mayucchi > Miyako > Chris

Best Girl : Gen-san > Kazama >>> Mayucchi > Miyako = Chris > Momoyo

I shall play some of the side-routes (Mayo and Chika) now and then get to Wanko's route.

Somebody is already translating the PSP version, which has a few further enhancements, but they're doing it from scratch so it will take a while. Progress seems slow, I kind of doubt it will ever happen.

The PC version isn't very buggy. The main problem is that it runs too fast which can make the timed hits difficult, but there's a very easy fix using Cheat Engine, use the speed hack to slow down the speed. Also the PC version is fully voiced, not sure why getsuya listed that as a plus for the console one. The all-ages thing is probably a plus, though, because its h-scenes are hilariously stupid and worthless. :P

Well, thanks, that's reassuring. I'm not playing it anytime soon but it's still good to know that I probably won't be going crazy to make it works properly when I get to it.

Just finished my first arc in Higurashi Sui, the Taraimawashi arc! To sum it up into two sentences, it was something like: "So you want to run away from the problems? Well here, have a horrible bad ending!" Even the characters joke about how little clues this arc actually gives you in the bonus scenes after the ending... which are great, by the way; the self-aware 'Wrap-up parties' are a hilarious idea. :D

Really enjoying Sui so far. Can't wait to mess around with the choices now that I ran through the flowchart once, let's see what arc I land into next. Please not Tatarigoroshi.

Finished Miyako's route.

I think that the route was pretty and doesn't deserve all the bashing that some people are giving it. True it isn't as ridiculously extravagant as the other routes but it's good nonetheless. If anything it's more realistic than all the other routes.

Though I also found it to be a bit mild, and really missed the Battle Royale that had happened at the end of the other routes. Well that Battle Royale was one the things that was looking forward to the most. At one point I even thought that the final fight would be against the Ayanokoji family.

It was certainly nice to see the character development of Miyako, her character development was definitely better than that of Momoyo and Chris. 

And I really hadn't expected that Miyako and Chris would become this close. That last cg at the end showing adult Miyako and Chris was nice too(I guess that's the only time we were actually shown their adult selves).

For now,

Best route : Momoyo >> Mayucchi > Miyako > Chris

Best Girl : Gen-san > Kazama >>> Mayucchi > Miyako = Chris > Momoyo

I shall play some of the side-routes (Mayo and Chika) now and then get to Wanko's route.

Just wait until you get to Agave, so so so good. 

I have windows 8 so can't say for sure, but I think it should run alright on 7. Utawarerumono is pretty nice so I hope you can get it to work.

I'll play without the cheat engine for now, but thanks anyway. If the grind ever gets to me I'll consider using it.

fair enough, It does make things a lot easier, especially for quests where you have to go to a certain floor in a dungeon you can use cheat engine to teleport right to it.

Yeah, Majikoi has been a pretty fun game. I finished Miyako's route and on Chris's right now, and I haven't been disappointed so far. To my surprise, I actually didn't get tired out reading the common route, it was pretty fun. :>

Also, wasn't expecting to see Gintama referenced. That was a nice little surprise.

9846541651.png