What are you playing?

Read the last route in Symphonic Rain ;).

Misc. Thoughts/Ramblings(spoilers)

General thoughts:

• GAME! Why must you play with my emotions xD

Phorni thoughts:

• Okay sorry, but after going through 'revelation city' aka Al Fine, reading through December trying to get into Phorni's route was super painful (felt really draggy) hehe.
  • But it picks up once Chris finally remembers everything on his own (y'know, I'm surprised in both Al Fine and Phorni route when he finally remembers he doesn't really get overwhelmed that the past THREE years have been a lie. He's just like "I remember." Very casual about it :P)
  • Man, I thought Al Fine was the core of it and that Phorni would just be a funzies route, BUT!
  • Phorni = Ari. /end post. Loool really, that's all that needs to be said xD. I had my suspicions ever since the beginning routes where Phorni would kiss Chris on the cheek before vanishing, but man, this was such a beautiful revelation!!!!!!!!!! She's been by his side all this time, supporting him all the way. So friggen' romantic  :wub:
  • Considering Arietta died in all other routes, I was fully prepared for a heartbreaker ending. Like I was totally bracing myself:p410nXT.jpg
  • Especially since Phorni vanishes. I was like "Are you serious.... Is she really going to die right here, right now?!!"   :cry:

~~~

But we all know what happens  ;)

• As soon as Arietta opened her eyes I squealed and cried immediately loool. Burned through a shitload of tissues x.x this scene was just soo WONDERFUL!!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:.yHrhMLi.jpg
  • ^Why so manly Chris  <_< I was already crying a river.
  • Still crying btw. It'll stop soon.
  • Symphonic Rain really is phenomenal.

Anyway, that's that. So anybody wanna explain to me how Ari became Phorni and why she insisted on pushing him towards Torta/any recital partner?  :nervous: 

Oh and overall my favorite BGM would be Arietta's theme (Feel the Rain). Idk, it just captures the elegant sorrowful feeling so nicely I always enjoyed hearing it xD

I'm going through the soundtrack right now. All heroine themes are wonderful! Even though there's only 19 tracks (with multiple versions of every track) I never got bored of the music~

~~~

And now it's time to go read a bunch of reviews on Symphonic Rain to get it out of my system haha.

Til' next time folks~

I think im going to play If my heart had wings, Kimi no Nagori wa Shizuka ni Yurete & Hoshizora no memoria and Sharin no Kuni again.

Really liked the sharin no kuni, because of the plot, and dropped hoshizora because nothing hapenned for too long

My winter break going to be for almost 3 weeks so i have time :devil::devil::devil: .

Shit is real :upupu::upupu::upupu:

I'm thinking of picking up Shikkoku no Sharnoth after Symphonic Rain since my winter break starts tomorrow so I'll have lots of time to kill.

For those who've played the steampunk series, do I have to play Inganock to understand Sharnoth? I've read that it makes references to Inganock. Is it better if I play Inganock before Sharnoth?

For those who've played the steampunk series, do I have to play Inganock to understand Sharnoth? I've read that it makes references to Inganock. Is it better if I play Inganock before Sharnoth?

There are some references, but nothing that big.

And yes, good choice, if you can, play Sekien no Inganock and Shikkoku no Sharnoth.

You don't need Sekien no Inganock at all, they just share the same universe but nothing more. I do think Sekien is a better introduction to the series though. But I agree with Kurisu-Chan: just play both! They're both really nice and not that long, so they should fit into your winter break!

Finished muv-luv extra, took a while but in the end it wasnt that bad, unlimited is looking waaaaaaaaaay better so far and I've only played half and hour or so...

Sharin no Kuni definitely. I like Chaos;Head too, but Sharin is leagues better.

another vote for sharin no kuni himawari no shoujo, amazing humor mixed with good drama, superb plot and well developed characters, almost a 10/10 vn,

What?You... you monster!!!  :P
Why exactly?

I don't like the protagonist at all. He's more like the guy, that deserves to be beaten up by the real protagonist (like those rich-footballteam-jerks in 80s teen flicks). Then there's the setting, which is kinda creepy and makes me feel really uncomfortable.

No clue if that stuff changes somewhere down the line or if all of that is on purpose, but I had enough after 30 minutes. 

You know, one of the things that makes Symphonic Rain weird for me is just how bad the Fortell sounds to me. Like, this mystical magical instrument that is supposed to be rare and difficult to master just sounds like babby's first casio gotten for $30 down at a walmart. It ruins every song.

I don't like the protagonist at all. He's more like the guy, that deserves to be beaten up by the real protagonist (like those rich-footballteam-jerks in 80s teen flicks). Then there's the setting, which is kinda creepy and makes me feel really uncomfortable.

No clue if that stuff changes somewhere down the line or if all of that is on purpose, but I had enough after 30 minutes. 

Well, I don't want to spoil too much but literally everything in the game has a purpose. You should really give the game a second chance. It takes a while to really get started but it gets really good.

@roach I also recommend Sharin no Kuni and seeing as you really enjoyed Grisaia no Kajitsu it's probably up your alley.

Wh-What the?! Someone actually checked my vndb?! Must... hide... all my nukiges...

*Ahem*

Anyway, I've reached chapter 2, around the part after the first H-scene with Sachi. Why did I chose Sachi, you say? Because she is awesome. The end.

Kenichi definitely isn't a protagonist that I thought to be. I even wondered why some people called him similar to Yuuji...

And the end of chapter one (and the start of chapter two) made me think otherwise. He is definitely

similar to Yuuji, even if only a little bit. Like, the training they went through, their inner monologue, and, ALL THE INCEST THEY DID! ....Umm, I mean, they are similar alright, kind of.

The characters are really enjoyable. Isono didn't turn out to be a comic-relief-only character that I thought he would be. Natsume pissed me off at first but after seeing that last scene in chapter one, I'm really curious about her now. Sachi's... CUTE, reaaally cute. I mean, those eyes~

k82J5EO.jpg

Touka might end up being my favorite heroine though, since I like tsundere and all.

I think I will finish chapter 2 by tonight. That is, if I don't fall asleep in the process.