What are you playing?

相州戦神館學園 八命陣 is only Full HD, ain't 4K. Well, might look even more awesome in a 4K screen still. I have no idea. It will expand the image and apply some blurring effects I think? That might look better.

Otherwise I don't get why it would look better in 4K.

None whatsoever.

Gekkou disappeared as suddenly as he appeared.

If we're lucky, Arunaru might pick it up once again.

Right after he takes over VI, since Ludo is apparently MIA again.

Do ask questions in the updates thread if you have more. We might be warned by mods for derailing. 

No this is enough.

Only wanted to know about it as I had planned to go through the Rance series starting at 01.

4 REALZ!? I need to try it out in a 4k then lol. That does explain the massive size of the game haha. First I need a 4k monitor....

I'll take a pic for you when I get back home tomorrow, unless I was somehow mistaking that fancy 4K logo/seal for something else this whole time. :D But yeah, this is probably the reason why the VN came on 3 DVDs. :D

Finished Lise's route for Symphonic Rain.

Misc. Thoughts/Ramblings(spoilers)

• Lise's so CUTE!!! It was a pleasure watching her develop from her bullied super-shy self to a normal girl trying to live out her dream of being a singer.
  • Back to my little thing about character interactions, it was nice to see Fal 'help out' Lise along with her last ditch attempt to manipulate Chris (even though it was revealed during Fal's route that she hates Lise(WHY?!!!).
  • Torta also got to have a chat with Lise, but it's not revealed what they talked about. Rawr! I want to know!!!
  • Fal's last piece of advice "Don't trust anybody" to Chris was kinda weird, because Lise really wasn't hiding any secrets  :huh:. Even Asino emphasized Chris to be wary of all the negative rumors surrounding Lise, so I was expecting Lise to have some shocking personality change like Fal did, but nope, nothing xD. The main source of conflict for this route was just Lise's father, Grave.
  • Chris was the one to break up with Arietta this time. Wow. The decision came a lot smoother this time aka Chris didn't have to go through a moral dilemma and talk to Lise about Arietta like he did during Fal's route..
  • Grave is such a F@#$%&^!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I had a kawaii daughter like Lise I'd treat her like a princess. 
  • There weren't really any surprises this route. I was able to predict that Grave was Lise's 'father' (Fal pretty much spoiled it during her route), and I was also able to predict that Lise's injuries were from Grave. Don't really care much for the little twist about Grave being Lise's "biological father who adopted her from the orphanage and lied about being her real father to avoid emotional attachment" crap. Speaking of orphanage, Fal was also an orphan... Connections??
  • Again, Grave is a F@%$^#$. I knew he was BSing and would backstab the duo after their successful performance at the graduation recital. I cried on the spot seeing this CG, and actually went to double check the walkthrough to see if I accidentally got the bad ending because man this scene felt bad-ending worthy: OS3IB9d.jpgLISEEEEEEEEEEE  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

When I wrote that post, I was way past the coup d'etat. 

In fact, I was at 

the part where things down a little and Unit 00 starts getting more stable.

I read for a few hours today (haven't done so for probably well over a month) and holy hell, episode 9 is so good. 

I'm at the part right after Sadogashima hive gets destroyed.

Damn it, the Isumi scene made me cry.

Also, Yuuko recommended Takeru to do Sumika if he needs to? I like where this is going.

So did I.

I love the battles and stuff towards the end the most, I think. They get really good. 

Finished Torta's route in Symphonic Rain.

Misc. Thoughts/Ramblings(spoilers)

General Thoughts:

• Overall my heroine rating will be Torta > Lise > Fal. Torta's the typical childhood friend who has great dynamics with Chris (I love watching them tease each other :3). Lise gets second place because of how cute and innocent she is that just makes me wanna hug her and protect her with all my might. Fal unfortunately gets third cuz I still don't like the "use or be used" philosophy, though I can understand it. Sort of. That being said, I think Fal is the most interesting character out of the bunch (and also the prettiest, hehe).
  • Route wise, Torta > Lise > Fal. Torta's route because it actually deals with y'know, Arietta. Lise's route because it had a few foreshadowing elements to keep me interested (ie. wondering why Lise was shy/bullied, revelation of Grave being her father, wondering why Lise was getting injured). Fal's route... not much went on(practice, hang out, more practice. No drama or foreshadowing so it got pretty draggy. The climax was cool though. Better than Lise's because it's annoying having parents be the bad guys).
  • Lise gets shafted in screentime. ie. Torta and Fal appear in all three routes, Lise only appears in her own route. QQ Lise
  • I'm really, really interested about Phornie's background.. Torta's route finally gives some more info in that Phornie can't leave the apartment/is bound to the apartment so that's why she says bye(in other routes she just outright vanishes after saying bye) but I have a feeling there's more to it(?) maybe not..

Torta Thoughts:

• I see why Torta's route was recommended to be last. I totally didn't expect to actually get to see 'Arietta' in person :D she has such a nice contrast to Torta. But personality wise I think I like Torta's energetic personality better than Arietta's graceful personality~
  • That being said, I'm a bit bothered by how easily Chris becomes unfaithful to Arietta across all routes. I mean, c'mon, I know long distance relationships tend to not work out, but it was still 3 YEARS they were in a relationship. THREE! and for his feelings to all of a sudden change within one month is a bit sad.
  • Hell, when Arietta shows up, he even monologues to himself about how happy he was that she showed up because it reaffirmed his love for her, but then drama happens and not even a week happens before he has his sights on Torta  <_< (technically he always did, but still...)
  • Speaking of the drama, nice going, Chris. When he called Arietta "Torta" I totally had the biggest "OH SHIT" feeling I've had in quite a while. I love it when VNs bring out these sorts of feelings!
  • Love triangles suck. I'm wishy-washy like Chris so deep down I was hoping for a peaceful resolution, but too bad.. I'm fond of both Arietta and Torta so I felt Chris's pain.
  • The graduation recital was sooo BS. Like I was getting ready to play the rhythm mini game but nope they skip it for this route xD
  • The final encounter with Arietta was a missed opportunity on the writers' part imo. Like I was totally expecting there to be a choice: "Stop Arietta" or "Let Arietta go" and my heart was actually getting pumped up as she laid out his options, but noo Chris automatically chooses to let her go and the credits roll. Felt RIDICULOUSLY anticlimatic. (I honestly would've impulsively chosen stop Arietta had they given us the choice...)
  • But man.
  • That ending.
  • THAT ENDING.
  • THAT FRIGGEN' ENDING. HOLD UP.
  • HOOOOOOLD UP

MzXdwFI.jpg

WTF IS THIS. Torta + hair down = Arietta? "Muttered things that went beyond my comprehension" -> was she explaining that she was posing as Arietta the whole time or something? SAY IT ISN'T SO. Please tell me I'm wrong. Or else my head will explode.

Edit: Started Al Fine, up until the the point Chris says, "Do you hear the rain?".

#$^%$^%$$#^$%@%#$TGFHFZDWEHT$WRETRYJYTHERDGSEFWT$%Y^&^%$WR#RGSDGGESRQ#R$%#WTRE

ESFRE#WT$ETWRGHDTJY^&^&%^#@%WRSGDHYRWETRYUKNGBSFV GRR#%^$%@#$$Y%$%#$#$!#WTGRDQ

Those elaborate battle scenes were executed pretty well, and were one of the things I really liked about Muv-Luv.

Only if the protag had been as good.......

Takeru? I like him a lot as a character. He never really becomes someone else, so for me it was really believable. Instead, his base character remains, but there are very noticeable traits he picks up from his experience. Though, as for his final outcome, well, he could never be someone like Kazami Yuuji or Morita Kenichi, so there is that. 

Takeru? I like him a lot as a character. He never really becomes someone else, so for me it was really believable. Instead, his base character remains, but there are very noticeable traits he picks up from his experience. Though, as for his final outcome, well, he could never be someone like Kazami Yuuji or Morita Kenichi, so there is that. 

I didn't like him because he keeps whining all the time. I understand that it was a big change but even at the near end of the story he still stays as a whiny brat. There are many arcs which focus on him growing, in each of them he said he won't complain anymore but yet in the next arc he goes back to being his old self.

I didn't like him because he keeps whining all the time. I understand that it was a big change but even at the near end of the story he still stays as a whiny brat. There are many arcs which focus on him growing, in each of them he said he won't complain anymore but yet in the next arc he goes back to being his old self.

I always thought it was bearable, though. Considering there were protagonists like Yuki from Mirai Nikki and Shinji from Eva... 

At least his reasons were always solid....in Alternative. Unlimited Takeru was just being a bitch. C: 

I always thought it was bearable, though. Considering there were protagonists like Yuki from Mirai Nikki and Shinji from Eva... 

At least his reasons were always solid....in Alternative. Unlimited Takeru was just being a bitch. C: 

I played Extra then Unlimited and then Alternative, back to back. I had already lost all my patience on Takeru by the time I reached Alternative. 

Comparing him to Shinji isn't fair, just because there is someone worse than him doesn't make him good.

I played Extra then Unlimited and then Alternative, back to back. I had already lost all my patience on Takeru by the time I reached Alternative. 

Comparing him to Shinji isn't fair, just because there is someone worse than him doesn't make him good.

I will not say I like him, I just like his development. He does not quite leave his whiny trait behind, but I thought it was less prominent after the arc that involved being seen eating with another man. 

Well, I don't hate him and he wasn't bad enough to ruin the VN for me. Despite him not being the coolest or most badass character, I honestly can't imagine a character more fit for the game. My favorite MCs were the aforementioned Yuuji and Kenichi, but the game certainly would not have as much impact if they were in it. 

I will not say I like him, I just like his development. He does not quite leave his whiny trait behind, but I thought it was less prominent after the arc that involved being seen eating with another man. 

Well, I don't hate him and he wasn't bad enough to ruin the VN for me. Despite him not being the coolest or most badass character, I honestly can't imagine a character more fit for the game. My favorite MCs were the aforementioned Yuuji and Kenichi, but the game certainly would not have as much impact if they were in it. 

Takeru simply felt annoying and irritating that's all. I think that if they had reduced his whiny character and possibly removed it at some point it would have been much better.