What are you playing?

its obvious isn't it :lol:

Well, Kyouko is a decent character, after all.

Indirectly, that game made me get a job  <_< (To play it, I need a Vita, for a Vita, I need money...)

Same here, especially that

I fear the best girl will appear to be the mastermind again, also on the LE box of DR2, she is in the middle, seperate from everyone else which leads me to thinking that she might be the mastermind...

:(20-super-danganronpa-2-sayonara-zetsubou

Although it is hard not to believe that point, I digress. Rather, I think she hides darker secrets.

I mean, take a perfect girl. Kill her. It'll make you despair, right? More so than her being the mastermind, in my opinion.

Which is why I did a bit of poking around the game. And I found a execution music file suspiciously sounding like old game music...

Just finished Higurashi Question Arcs. I really regret that I have watched anime before playing VN. After playing Umineko, you kinda start to think and analyze Higurashi Arcs as "gameboards" and mystery novel rather just watch how the plot develops in anime. What a waste, sigh. Gonna go straight for Answer Arcs.

PLEASE DON't THINK OF WATCHING UMINEKO'S ANIME

anyone reading this, listen to me :wacko:  ( and I don't even hate Deen, they have a history with great works ).

I've watched only the first episode, and they covered... like.. 4-5 hours from the first chapter in the VN ??? it is a crime :ph34r:

they adopted only the "events" of the game, but without the building process, there no value at all to those "events". lets say ( just an example ) that character X commited suicide, if you don't know anything about character X, why should you care ? there is no development.

also, the VN matches the beautiful music with its scenes perfectly, to create the atmosphere of the story. the anime also lacks this.

I've watched only the first episode, and they covered... like.. 4-5 hours from the first chapter in the VN ??? it is a crime :ph34r:

they adopted only the "events" of the game, but without the building process, there no value at all to those "events". lets say ( just an example ) that character X commited suicide, if you don't know anything about character X, why should you care ? there is no development.

also, the VN matches the beautiful music with its scenes perfectly, to create the atmosphere of the story. the anime also lacks this.

Meh, the anime doesn't skip that much stuff. The beginning of it was okay, I thought.

Also the soundtrack of the anime has lots of tracks from the VN OST, and even the new tracks are pretty damn good.

Meh, the anime doesn't skip that much stuff. The beginning of it was okay, I thought.

Also the soundtrack of the anime has lots of tracks from the VN OST, and even the new tracks are pretty damn good.

I've watched only the first episode, and it was very very bad in comparison with the VN. though I don't know how I would've felt toward it if I didn't read the VN before.

but really, nope. the first episode alone skipped hours.

are little busters and rewrite good romance VN's or do they focus more on friendship? I'v heard rewrite doesn't have much romance at all and i'v heard mixed responses on little busters so i'm not sure.

I don't know about Rewrite, but Little Busters was more friendship focused.

Still making my way through Reminiscence. It's a bit boring, but I'm still hoping it'll get good somewhere in the routes, or something. The MCs past keeps me interested, though there honestly isn't much more. I think I'm finally approaching the end of the common route, will go for Nozomi first.

Speaking of routes, it makes me really sad that Aika doesn't seem to have one. She definitely doesn't get the heroine treatment, at the very least... yet she might be one of the most likeable characters.

I'm disappointed so far, but it's not like I'll drop it now that I came this far. It's no better than a 7/10 so far, though - hopefully it still has some awesome things hidden away.

are little busters and rewrite good romance VN's or do they focus more on friendship? I'v heard rewrite doesn't have much romance at all and i'v heard mixed responses on little busters so i'm not sure.

Little Busters! is more friendship focused, with some romance, sure. However, I personally didn't like it too much. The minigames were fun, though.

Rewrite. Ahhh. My favorite VN. It's focused on many different levels. Romance, somewhat. Mostly mystery, action, adventure. Oh, and it helps that it isn't an H-game (looking at you, G-Senjou No Maou).

Rewrite?

Romance?

Is that a food?

I can't tell if you're stereotyping or RPing or mocking everyone.

Giving Koiiro Chu! Lips a try; have a bit of a mixed reaction so far. On the one hand I've gotten a bit of a pleasant nostalgic feeling considering this kind of feels like a game JAST/G-Collections would have released back in the day, on the other hand I'm finding myself reminding myself to be patient with this game until the common route's over as I'm getting strong reminders of why some anime/VN tropes of the time have thankfully died out.

So a short status report from me ;). Im nearly the End of all Routes in Grisaia no Kajitsu. At first I have to say i'm not that experienced with VN's than others and the next Lines are only MY opinion.

But for me Grisaia is a big disappointment. I would not say it is bad but it is not as nearly as good than i thought (especially with whole recommendations). In every route are some really nice parts but none of them convinced me completely. If I had to rate them my order would be (from good to bad):

Michiru >> Sachi >> Amane (still playing) >> Yumiko >> Makina

My main critical points are:

- The protagonist itself, i still don't like Yuuji. I think, if that would not be, i could look over the other weaknesses more easily.

- there are too much unnecessary length in some passages

So thats all for now. I finish the last route and give my final statement.

Greetz

I think that, with Yuuji, it's mostly preference. I prefer the dude who analyzes too much and misses the point, or the overthinker. In my opinion, Yuuji fits right into that boat. It helps that he's kinda like Kotarou, from my favorite VN Rewrite. However, I can't say the same about the other characters. Amane ends up being ridiculously clingy by the end of the prologue, I'm not encouraged to take Michiru's route (ever), Yumiko seems waaaay stereotypical, so I'm not too interested in her either (although I still wonder how she avoided arrest), Makina is nice but I didn't like some of her characteristics, and I hated being unable to get a Chizuru route (Another Rewrite name Lol). Now, this list leaves Sachi out, because I liked her, but not as a love interest type, more of a close friend type. I wanted to know more about her, not get into her pants (Or is it skirt?).

I didn't feel like he was being heroic, really. Though I do understand why you'd say he isn't like Koutaru, I'd say he is. It's like, a glass half full or a glass half empty. Same thing, just different perspectives.

But, remember, for one thing, no matter what route you choose (other than that crappy common route) you end up being included in at least one secret society where you go full on fighter for justice. Or power. Or Kagari. I don't even fucking care about that bitch. Adding to that, your backstory is that you were ALREADY in a secret society and were discontinued and brainwashed. Yuuji's backstory is a shady organization, and he shows clues of being still in ties with said organization.

For another, Koutaru also tends to overanalyze things. However, he acts foolish when contacted, despite his forever thinking personality. Yuuji ends up explaining with perfect honesty whenever he's overanalyzed something for the entirety of the prologue. So, in sync one second, in discord the next, Yuuji and Koutaru are alike but not the same.

Okay, i get what you say. Maybe there are some similiarities in there way of thinking. But there characters are complete different for me.

Anyway, i think we could discuss the whole day ;) ... In the End it's simply personal preferences. I don't like this VN others like it... Thats fine with me ;)

If i look into your list on vndb... You have way more experience in that than i ;) ... Also, i think, we are little bit incompatible in the VN we like. My favourite VN LB! you just rated 6, so i want to spare you pain and not recommend something.

Replaying If my Heart had Wings for the second time. Going through all routes. Currently on Kotori. Damn I forgot how long the "opening" was.

Otherwise I am trying to do a VNDB list of what I've read, organizing my VN folder into categories (I hate that I need to search for what I want every time).

Playing Hoshizora no Memoria, G-senjoi no Maou and Grisaia no Kajitsu too when I feel like it. Feels good to have around 80 - 150 hours of playtime ahead of me. 

I think that, with Yuuji, it's mostly preference. I prefer the dude who analyzes too much and misses the point, or the overthinker. In my opinion, Yuuji fits right into that boat. It helps that he's kinda like Kotarou, from my favorite VN Rewrite. However, I can't say the same about the other characters. Amane ends up being ridiculously clingy by the end of the prologue, I'm not encouraged to take Michiru's route (ever), Yumiko seems waaaay stereotypical, so I'm not too interested in her either (although I still wonder how she avoided arrest), Makina is nice but I didn't like some of her characteristics, and I hated being unable to get a Chizuru route (Another Rewrite name Lol). Now, this list leaves Sachi out, because I liked her, but not as a love interest type, more of a close friend type. I wanted to know more about her, not get into her pants (Or is it skirt?).

at least yuuji isn't  the kind of protagonist that keeps getting insulted during the VN and doing anything about it , the thing i most like about him is that to every big problem he has a simple solution it's refreshing to see that kind of protagonist