Foreword: The reviews we have are pretty vague (1 2 3 4 5 6 7), so the impression of a very difficult work is created. I'm going to put all the dots so that there was not fear to read it.
Synopsis: This game tells the story of seven long-time friends. How they grew closer or further apart as they got older. The story is presented using a blog-like inte
Foreword: I took up Tsuyokiss blindly hoping for a decent charage akin to Majikoi (same writer and also girl with katana) due to the high score this game gets. Moege equals trash for me. With such a high vote Tsuyokiss can't be a moege, right?
Synopsis: Tsuyokiss is about the lives of a group of high school students and the often comedic events that occ
Summer Comiket month still produces less than 100 VNs per month, but that does not make it easier. Saihate no Ima is the VN of the Month. Narcissu is another masterpiece. I'm reviewing both the winner and Tsuyokiss just to follow the trends of charage.
1. Narcissu  Stage-nana 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 The anonymous protagonist is diagnosed with a terminal illness shortly after his twentieth birthday, and is admitted to a hospital in Mito, Ibaraki. There he meets Setsumi, a wo
Foreword: I just like everything that has to do MMO. Game has a curious enough concept. The only question is how it's going to be realized.
Synopsis: A boy addicted to internet games starts to search for his disappeared companion wizard Ken in the real world after finding some traces on the net. Will guild-mates and enemies in the game have the same pe
Swan Song is the only masterpiece of the month. Things may change as I review Tashika ni Kimi wa Koko ni Ita -You were certainly here- .
1. Moero Downhill Night -Touge Saisoku Densetsu- 萌えろダウンヒルナイト -峠最速伝説-  TOP 1 2 3 My name is Daichi Shou, and I'm nothing special. I tell my folks back at home that I'm a big shot, but I'm really just working a part time job delivering soba (buckwheat noodles) for a shop on the Himeda mountain ridge - I drive the route morning and ev
Foreword: Again, there are already enough English reviews of this game (1 2 3 4 5). But what I noticed is that the most thorough reviews are based on the Chinese version of the game by the speakers of Chinese language. My impression presents more of a Westerner approach.
Synopsis: The main character is a Japanese college student, who lost his parents in
Foreword: This is a formal shameless review just to present a video and give score / personal impression. There is an abundance of reviews of this game in untranslated review sources (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8), and I did not even include reviews in the translated review sources.
Synopsis: In face of human technological advancement during the Meiji Restoration,
Both Jingai Makyou and Ayakashibito deserve to be called masterpieces this month, and I'm reviewing both. But my personal preference goes towards the latter Ayakashibito
1. Rainy Town -Eien no Basho- Rainy Town -永遠の場所-  Frau Do you remember the promise made in the rain? One small hope may grow into something more...
Orthodox school romance. Main character is so useless that he leads a boring life waiting for a miraculous encounter with one of six
Foreword: I'm quite excited to see the first professional Akabei Soft2 work after their doujin past as Akabei Soft. I'm mostly interested in the initial release of the game, so review will be based on that. I'll also compare initial release with the remake Enkan no Kizuna.
Synopsis: Touma busily lives everyday with Kasumi and Nami. One day, they receive
Princess Witches is the only masterpiece this month. I'll review first Akabei Soft2 project Tamayura
1. Touhou Kuru Ningyou 2 Alice to Issho -Alice to Eternal- 東方繰人形2 アリスといっしょ -Alice to Eternal-  Coolier 1 You play as an university student. One day you stumbled upon a sleeping girl in the woods. The two of you get acquainted and made a promise to meet again.
There is an English review.
Foreword: I only had to choose this game, because the only other somewhat curious game from April 2005 Gakuen Kaiketsu Kururi! turned out to have a horrible engine for auto-reading with voices getting constantly cut even with the latest patch, at least with win10. I want to ask sincere forgiveness from all those who like vanilla pure love visual novels. Depending on your likes, game can get even couple points more in the overall evaluation. I'm only conveying my sincere impression of this game e
Sanarara is the only masterpiece of the month. I'll try to hold back while reviewing Ojou-sama Kumikyoku
1. Meitantei Conan: Akatsuki no Monument 名探偵コナン 暁のモニュメント  Banpresto 1 2 Akatsuki no Monument is the second Detective Conan game for Game Boy Advance and features scenario mode as well as various mini-games. The main game story kicks off with Conan, Ran and Kogorou on their way to ceremony of a newly built resort by the sea. Kogorou Mouri, as a renowned detective
Foreword: I liked character designs and wide use of weapons first of all. The story looked promising. Palette is also a notable player on the visual novel scene. I ignored its first clumsy works, but it's high time for it to make a stand.
Synopsis: Main character is an agent of a space development company. He receives a task from his assassinated boss to att
Parfait ~Chocolat Second Brew~ is the only masterpiece this month. I'll try to find some merit in the less known game MERI+DIA ~Maria Diana~
1. Blue Flow ブルーフロウ  Kogado Studio You can't learn the value of piece unless you experience war. World war breaks out after hundreds of peaceful centuries. The starting point is invasion of Allied Planetary Forces to the planet Nectal controlled by the Earth government. The defenders put up a fierce fight using giant robots as
Foreword: Liar-soft games are always absurd and somewhat fun, but of varying quality. Seven-Bridge actually has the same scenario writer as Kusarihime ~Euthanasia~ (at least one of the three authors) , so I see all the reasons to give it a bite.
Synopsis: In a parallel world, the history takes a different turn at the start of the 20th Ce
Foreword: I never expected a 80 hour long race out of this "episodic" story. How much time should pass till opening? What about length of the epilogue? Should there be some lines after the final credits? Believe me, Steel will surprise you with each answer. I knew that scenario from Kadokura Keisuke would be enjoyable. But it took me a full week to be able to digest it.
Foreword: Abandoner is the second winner of poll for the extra review in 2004. There are actually two reviews already (1 2), but it does not hurt to give it a fresh look. Clephas recommends not to read this visual novel unless we are really hard masochists, but every visual novel reader is at least a bit of masochist for reading such long stories while normal people can't endure even director's cut movie versions. As for me, such question does not even stand - it's enough to look at the number o
Foreword: It's requested as extra review, so I'm pleased to tell what kind of masterpiece this game is. It does not mean I'm not reviewing Abandoner, though. Both games stood so close in the poll that I could not make my mind in any way.
Synopsis: The game revolves around the main character's 3 days repeating over and over again, where he is constantly
I consider only Steel to be the only masterpiece as of now. But things may change as I review both Steel and Seven-Bridge
1. Rozen Maiden ローゼンメイデン  WorkJam Anime story is relayed to mobile phones. If game is finished with good results, there is also an original after-story scenario.
I really need to devise a way to block such "games".
2. Kurokami Shoujotai 黒髪少女隊  Honey Pot Kaoru enters a high scho
Foreword: Protagonist looks cool and badass, so I hope for a worthy chunige.
Title: Answer Dead
Synopsis: Main character is a weak quiet student who is bullied at school. But one day he meets a girl who wakes up Black King soul sleeping in him.
The White King quickly notices th
Foreword: I could not ignore Nitroplus work, especially one without reviews.
Synopsis: When people die with hearts filled with negative feelings, they turn into 'ghosts', haunting the world. To send those souls to the other world, angels exist, using their guns to 'kill' them. You're playing one of such angels, Wim.
Tenshi no Nichou Kenjuu -Angelos Armas- is the only masterpiece of the month. But too many plotge reside without reviews this month, so - surprise - I'm picking a second game for review as well - it's Answer Dead
1. Maiden Halo メイデンハロー  Giant Panda Noumi Hasegawa is a 13-years-old boy who wants to become a pianist. One night, he sees a ray of light floating in the sky. This marks his encounter with a mysterious girl called Eon. She starts living with him, and togeth
Year 2004 pleasantly surprised me with the number and especially quality of visual novels.
New portion of Visual Novel Openings 2004 with songs.
My list of masterpieces in 2004:
3days ~Michiteyuku Toki no Kanata de~
Dear My Friend
Remember11 -The Age of Infinity-
Sorairo no Shizuku
Foreword: I could not pass by such curious looking chunige.
Title: Eigou Kaiki
Synopsis: Katsuragi Tetsuo, the protagonist, is a highschool student who lives with his older sister Yuri.
Yuri, having originally lived in a foreign country, is a mainstay of the family and make a living b
I believe it's the first time when the number of games in one month exceeds a hundred - 108, to be more precise! And this month can boast of multiple masterpieces - Eigou Kaiki , Sorairo no Shizuku , Peace@Pieces and To Heart 2 . Can't say I'm excited about plotge of the month, so I'm giving the first prize to To Heart 2.
1. D -> A: White  Tonkin House 1 Taking place two months after the events of D→A:BLACK, the player once again takes control of Tōya Shinjō, a "