May is a relatively quiet month with few titles. The VN of the month is Hidamari which I'm reviewing, but there are quite many masterpieces including KimiKiss , D.C. II ~Da Capo II~ , Kishin Hishou Demonbane and finally Scarlett .
1. Samurai 7  Design Factory Co., Ltd. Visual novel based on the Samurai 7 anime.
As usual, cheap anime spin-off. Game only covers 16 anime episodes and skips on epic ending. Moreover, it becomes a stupid dating sim as each samu
Foreword: There are enough good reviews of this game (1 2 3 4). But I'm going to look at it as a pure love game neglecting all the H content. It's probably going to be weird and underscored because of that.
Synopsis: Extracurricular club activities are the norm for Japanese schools, but an all-night movie event scheduled at school and in August still sounds strange/unusual, especially considering the tiny size of the Movie Research Club (merely six students). And indeed, the two te
I consider Tenshitsuki no Shoujo to be VN of the Month. I promised one person to review Kansen ~Inyoku no Rensa~ , and this time has come.
1. Kou Ki 紅姫 －Kou Ki－  Saga Planets It's a short era in China history that disappeared from memory of successors. Main heroine is a princess who rides horses and handles sword and bow skillfully. She gets her marriage arranged. She wants to see partner, so under hidden identity visits her partner's town. But at this time conspira
Foreword: Game interested me mostly as supposed sequel of Abandoner.
Synopsis: After disaster in 2024, seven years ago rain has never stopped in this city.
As of recent, nightly serial killings have infused fear in human hearts.
Injured by monster attack and dying, student Shouji meets girl Ai who binds a contact with him and gives him power to use mighty claw in battle.
They promise each other to survive no matter what, but it might be the first step to bri
Lost Child is VN of the Month, review incoming. Guess Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku o can also be called a masterpiece.
1. Spitan Spirits Expedition -in the Phantasmagoria- スピたん Spirits Expedition―in the Phantasmagoria―  Xuse 1 There’s a mountainous crag to the northeast of the Continent of Dragons called Dragon's Claw Marks. No one in the recorded history has been able to cross that area safely. However, they did not have a newly invented airship!
Foreword: Circus makes either serial works of flying whales (hello, Saishuu Shiken Kujira). This is exactly such case of flying whales. Lots of mist and epicness summoned to cover dirty rags.
Synopsis: The memory that was forgotten somewhere, the feelings that were sealed in it ...
The memory of green, wandering eyes.
I forgot summer sky refection in the puddle, drops of tears, small lips and whispering voice.
This world is beautiful - gentle fragrance, soft warmt
Muv-Luv Alternative definitely makes the winner of this month and, despite my worries, I enjoy it a lot so far, somewhere between 9 and 10. The only other game that can be called a masterpiece this month is Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba . I'm choosing AR ~Wasurerareta Natsu~ for review just in order to reveal its very vaguely described plot.
1. Dra†KoI 竜†恋  Nitroplus 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 A boy-meets-girl story in a world under attack by dragons.
Foreword: I was choosing between booby fighting action, PS2 juvenile investigation game and SF game in January 2006, so I chose SF one, of course. I also quite liked Setsuka character design, so decided to try Horizont for her alone at least.
Synopsis: The Earth has suffered from terrible wars, and the United Nations' World Federation Government was formed as a result. 33 years later ULF (United LUNA Front) has emerged and declared inter-planetary war to UNWF. The Moon gains
The VN of the Month is I/O, but that's a great start of the year. I also consider Fragments Blue a masterpiece. For some reason I chose Horizont for review among games without English review.
1. Fragments Blue  Vridge Inc. 1 2 This novel-type adventure begins when the main character Kaname Ousaka takes delivery of a letter and a key. In search of the letter's source, he heads back to his home town of Shimizu and learns of a quest to collect a set of such keys in or
Finished updating old posts. Nothing really interesting is added, so added games comments are very scarce. Main changes are mostly about descriptions for games that did not have one, over 500 new descriptions. Some review/opening/image links changed. Finally, I can move on now. This is the early draft of changes, stopped updating it midway.
VN of the Month December 2005 - Aekanaru Sekai no Owari ni
https://vndb.org/v22685 - Power Pro Kun Pocket 8
https://vndb.org/v23599 - The Nor
Realize is the biggest surprise and win of the month. I'd also call Uminomichi a masterpiece. And no, I hate Clannad too much to enroll it here.
1. Hanakyuu はなきゅ～  Megami 1 The main character is Toshiaki Uemura, a typical university student living alone in the big city. The story begins in Christmas night, when Toshiaki and his girlfriend Sumomo fulfill physically their love for the first time. Their future seems now firmly set, but the next morning, while Toshiaki
Foreword: Toki no Kairou wins marginally in the joint poll of the year. It's quite curious to see what White Cyc first game is like compared to games of the big brother Black Cyc.
Synopsis: Main heroine Izumi is an ordinary student. But peaceful daily life starts to crumple with the visit of a boy in school uniform. Brutal murders and signs of supernatural forces pierce the reality.
At the same time the story of girl Saya begins. She is saved from death by a man, so she fulfills
Year 2005 was awesome. It's the golden age for plotge. Plots have become so diverse and complex that a lot more time is required to crack them up. My new approach to pick up all the titles I like doesn't help to move faster either. In addition, my base corresponds VNDB base of 2017, and it's time to synchronize. There are 230 new titles to add from 1980 till 2005, plus a dozen of old titles that I found out over time and finally can describe properly, let alone the need to refresh openings links
Foreword: Yatohime Zankikou has an absolutely starry staff, great chuni story, astonishing visuals and lots of fighting girls. Everything promises the ultimate score, but why average scores are just between 7 and 8 then?
Synopsis: A god called Yatonokami who is worshiped by men is now sleeping. Or is he? Somewhere, somewhat, something arose and its manifestations are possessing people and turning them into 'oni'...
You're Nagamine Yuuma, an ordinary student, the one who is woken
Foreword: Finally a Caramel Box game with a plot that I can actually enjoy. But online RPG development took me by surprise, so I'm totally sold here.
Synopsis: The protagonist, having lost his family because of the faulty A.I. of a machine, makes his living as a professional player of a game called CQ shot.
Suddenly your friend requests you to be a bodyguard for a strange girl who is ge
Foreword: Dragonia remains in obscurity while being localized. That's a strange situation, so I wanted to check why.
Synopsis: In ancient Dragonia existed five orbs that could be used to make dragons do one's bidding. However, as time passed, the stories of these orbs faded from collective memory becoming mere legend. However, one day a man appeared and hatched an evil plan to t
New December brings over 100 titles again. I consider Aekanaru Sekai no Owari ni to be VN of the month, while Yatohime Zankikou and Yume Miru Kusuri are masterpieces. I'll review the first two as well as Dragonia
1. Kino no Tabi II -The Beautiful World- キノの旅 II -the Beautiful World-  Tycoon Kino travels the world looking for his friend. Game continues to cover material from the light novel series and includes a new scenario "Various stories" written specifically fo
Foreword: I was choosing between a moege and a nakige in November, so just went for the first SF looking work which by chance turned out to be Terrible Future. I wish I chose anything over it, really, like anything.
Synopsis: Main character Ikki Minakata is a student who aims to become a civil servant to have a stable life. On the summer vacations he is suddenly attacked by a girl who comes
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo is VN of the Month. Nursery Rhyme and Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ are masterpieces. For some weird reason I chose Terrible Future for review.
1. Hime Musha 姫武者  Tomato Main character is a student who has to babysit three sisters after parents' death. The mysterious beautiful girl trio called "Hime-hime" becomes the talk of the world as they are rumored to prevent the assassinations of government officials every time. But
Foreword: Could only find one small impression (1), and it covers main points. I'll try to provide some novelty by comparing the game with the anime version.
Synopsis: Kusaka Yuu is a student that lost his will to live after the death of a dear childhood friend, until the day a mysterious girl, named Yoake Eimu, appears. From that moment on, his life would nev
Foreword: Heaven's Cage is a very curious find for me due to its fresh, uncommon view on MMORPG. It pleasantly surprised me on more than one occasion. Here are the results of this experience.
Synopsis: This game is about a group of classmates and an online game called “Heaven’s Cage”. As they go forth and explore the virtual landscape, battling monsters and
Memories Off #5 Togireta Film , Ayakashi and Heaven's Cage are masterpieces of the month, and I'm reviewing the latter two. The winner is Ayakashi. I refuse to acknowledge any spin-offs or sequels of Fate/Night like Fate/Hollow Ataraxia .
1. Shirogane no Torikago: The Angels with Strange Wings しろがねの鳥籠 The Angels with Strange Wings  Cromwell 1 Shirogane no Torikage takes place in the city of Roddo Town. Two hundred years ago, a great war lead to the near destruction
Foreword: Whenever a war story is covered, I always expect something like Saishuu Heiki Kanojo anime story. But in fact Gunjou no Sora o Koete is a normal charage in an unusual setting. There are enough good English reviews (1 2 3 4 5 6), so address them for a more favorable review. Game does not live up to my expectations, so I can't stop being critical about it.
Probably only Gunjou no Sora o Koete deserves to be called a masterpiece this month. Not really sure about Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na and Hanachirasu .
1. Princess Maker 4 プリンセスメーカー4  Gainax 1 2 The story begins when the player is a soldier. The player falls in love with a mysterious woman. However, she disappears, only to be found by the player few years later. She hands you the child along with Cube (The butler). And so the journey to fatherhood begins...
Foreword: The reviews we have are pretty vague (1 2 3 4 5 6 7), so the impression of a very difficult work is created. I'm going to put all the dots so that there was not fear to read it.
Synopsis: This game tells the story of seven long-time friends. How they grew closer or further apart as they got older. The story is presented using a blog-like inte