VN Reading Club - May 2015 (Coμ -Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku-)

Kosakyun

Benio quite literally has all of the characteristics I dislike in heroines. Her route was incredibly frustrating to me because of her presence... Couple that with it being the worst route when it comes to how it was written (joke route aside), and I was Izawa-ing my way through the game whenever Benio spoke anything.

To be honest, she wasn't too bad at the beginning. I believe Benio should probably be extremely annoying to anyone who doesn't share her sense of justice when you finally get to her route, though.

Here's who have routes:

Benio. You're forced to do her route first.

Mayu-mayu. Lighter than other routes, still pretty fun.

Ayaya. A nukige-ish route that branches off of Mayu-mayu's that's basically "go have sex with your kouhai". Kinda funny. Sex and jokes aside, it introduces an important character to Kagome's route.

Hisoka? Forgot her name. Emotionless girl. Nice route. The heroine is kinda weak (she's basically Akihito), but I really liked her route.

Kagome. I dislike her a lot, but she definitely has the best route.

The last route though gets elements from every route.

Also it's interesting Marie, you seem to like obedient defenseless heroines, it's quite the opposite for me, i like strong willed and interesting heroines, that can do other things than "oh master i serve only you master"... 

The last route though gets elements from every route.

Also it's interesting Marie, you seem to like obedient defenseless heroines, it's quite the opposite for me, i like strong willed and interesting heroines, that can do other things than "oh master i serve only you master"... 

hmm i liked the Kagome route the most mainly because it gives you the most complete picture however i disliked Kagome herself.

I personally loved Benio and Soejima Hisoka alot. Soejima Hisoka is just so sad , especially in the kagome route :(

i felt like Ayaya was more or less  the "comedy" route and didnt add much to the entire story

hmm i liked the Kagome route the most mainly because it gives you the most complete picture however i disliked Kagome herself.

I personally loved Benio and Soejima Hisoka alot. Soejima Hisoka is just so sad , especially in the kagome route :(

i felt like Ayaya was more or less  the "comedy" route and didnt add much to the entire story

Now that I'm able to fully devote my time to Comyu I can give my not-quite-first-impressions.

The premise is excellent, it does a damn good job of making Comyu stand out and give it it's own unique story. Despite having already finished it once I'm having enough fun that I'm wanting to play through it all once again. 

For the most part I am liking the characters. Mayuki is my favourite heroine so far and Izawa is always interesting to have on screen. Benio is pretty fun......... for now. The rest of the characters are enjoyable in their own right. Akihito on the other hand is quite annoying. I don't care for is ideologies and he's frustratingly repetitive (constantly brings up the colour red and has the same motivation to survive in desperate situations).

The fight scenes between Avatars are freaking awesome (you know shit's going down when they summon the Red-Eyes Black Dragon in attack position) but are held back by the avatar sprites not showing what is being told.

For reasons that have been lost to historians I didn't play with voice acting the first time through. I'm enjoying the voices so far though Mayuki's is a bit too nasally and I think Izawa's doesn't quite match his dialogue.  

So far in the few days I've played Comyu I finished Benio, Hisoka, and Mayu-Mayu's route.

As much as I liked the action thriller from the first two routes I really enjoyed Mayuki's route a whole lot more. Though I kinda wish the other 3 connectors didn't disappear from the story until the end in her route.

I'm mostly avoiding reading this thread, since I'm still in the common route and it seems like everybody else is light years ahead of me, but I wanted to post this here. I'm really digging the Comyu soundtrack, so I went looking to see if I could buy it legally, and succeeded. On the off-chance anybody else here is in that rare part of the Venn Diagram for "likes VN soundtracks" and "actually tries to pay for digital goods": http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/KIZC-4001

I'm also not that far in, I still haven't completed the first playthrough, but the gang all got together now and I already got the first choice.

I have to say Kagome is really awesome.

Benio is still number 1 for me because cuteness always wins, I don't care about her sense of justice that much, it seems some people find it annoying but I think it's not particularly bothersome, she's cute in the end and that's what matters, but Kagome's moments are some of the best, her attitude is brilliant.

I'm also not that far in, I still haven't completed the first playthrough, but the gang all got together now and I already got the first choice.

I have to say Kagome is really awesome.

Benio is still number 1 for me because cuteness always wins, I don't care about her sense of justice that much, it seems some people find it annoying but I think it's not particularly bothersome, she's cute in the end and that's what matters, but Kagome's moments are some of the best, her attitude is brilliant.

Sounds like I'm in about the same place. As for that first choice:

I chose poorly. But the resulting scene after the Bad Ending was so funny I ain't even mad.

It's a toss-up for me between Benio and Kagome right now. Ayaya might also be in the running - she needs more screen time, stat.

For the choices:

I usually choose poorly wherever I can for those adorable mayuki lessons

:P

Ayaya is defintive adorable, I just fall more and more for her everytime I see her. :P

Cuteness always wins? Meet Yoruko :3 (Though she didn't get a route)

Just powered through the last couple routes I had left to finish. If there's anything I have to say about Comyu, it's that it is one hell of a rollercoaster ride of emotions. 

Dat surprise Yoruko H-scene.

Though kinda sad that it only happens when King dies.

Too late to join?  I already read Comyu, but it's still fairly fresh in my mind, so I should be able to discuss it without rereading everything.

You can join any time you want. Right now we're having some first impressions talks (though some seem to be taking liberties with the first-impressions part) and we'll start talking about the whole thing on the 20th.