Do people like nicknames?

Yuuko

I'm called lolicon by my friends who are into anime, a fact I am unsure how to feel about, though we're still friends so I guess it doesn't matter much ヘ(。□°)ヘ

(I also should probably not have shared my loli hentai with them, but that's probably not it)

I didn't have many nicknames aside from a slight abbreviation of my real name which I shall not post here, so I guess I don't have many strong feelings about them, but generally speaking if they're given to you by your good friends without the intention of hurting you, then they should be fine.

I think nicknames are funny even though they might be something totally stupid sometimes. Opinions?

Like HMN is called Hymen  :wahaha:

I call HMN Ludo-san. I like nickames I guess. Though it depends in the nickname.

As for my nicknames, it's Snow online and Yuki in real life.

Used to be called The Great Wall of China (no, I'm not Asian >.>) by my teammates in soccer because I played goalie a lot and I was quite good, according to my coaches and teammates.

My first name is Justin, as revealed on my Steam profile, so of course I was called Justin Timberlake for quite some time as a kid, and then that little asshat Bieber got famous, so then people started calling me his name.  They got quite the venomous glare in response to the latter.  At least Justin Timberlake is a good singer and funny.  Not to mention all of the "Justin time", "Justin case", etc. jokes people in elementary school thought were soooooo funny and original.

A bunch of "geniuses" in one of my math classes in middle school started calling me Sleeping Beauty after I feel asleep in class because I was taking an allergy medication that caused drowsiness.  Never pointed out how borderline gay that made them sound, unfortunately, considering they were all guys and they were calling me beautiful.

Well nicknames are something I don't really care. Yes I had a horrible nickname in school thanks to influences of my last name. It was more or less "rain" or "the rain".

Fortunately my parents gave me a first name you can't find nicknames on. So most of the time I am called with my first name. On the other hand I am using my alias on the Internet. But only a selected few know who I am.

I think mostly nicknames in society are like labeling, you know? Some guy with long hair might be called by a girl's name, or a serious guy "rock" or whatever. Just like making that person know you are aware of something.

But in internet, videogames and such its like being another entity. Cuz thats what it is all about, right? Even people who use their real name are just expressing. I think everyone needs one sometimes, so i'm cool with them =)

but following what you said, that guy is still using that nickname. he hasn't really gotten rid of it even though you too apparently had a fight,and if you too were close enough i'm pretty sure he'll remember who gave him that name in the first place and get bothered by it whenever someone calls him by it.

yet he's still using it,so saying he throws things away like it's nothing might be an exaggeration.

Close enuff huh.....i thought we r close enuff but when he found some1 new he just left me, thats mean i`m wrong huh. But as right now i still can see him using that name without single fuck given.

He really needs some shame...

Close enuff huh.....i thought we r close enuff but when he found some1 new he just left me, thats mean i`m wrong huh. But as right now i still can see him using that anem without single fuck given.

He really needs some shame...

you're being too self-conscious about the "he found a new person so he left me",i bet you haven't even talked with him about it.

you're being too self-conscious about the "he found a new person so he left me",i bet you haven't even talked with him about it.

Maybe..maybe.

But whenever i see him he is kinda ignored me and somehow he prefer to talk with somebody new. I just dont like the fact he still like that and using the name i gave it to him; Maybe i`m kinda a crybaby in this situation however i just cant stand his way searchin for new toys and throw out the old ones.

I don't really dislike it. Rarerly had someone make a fun out of it. Anyway if you want to know it's Bobo.(It's read as whole not like Bo-Bo more like Bobo) I think it cool I don't have any problem with people calling me that, I got nickname in like 4th grade elementary or something.

Maybe..maybe.

But whenever i see him he is kinda ignored me and somehow he prefer to talk with somebody new. I just dont like the fact he still like that and using the name i gave it to him; Maybe i`m kinda a crybaby in this situation however i just cant stand his way searchin for new toys and throw out the old ones.

people value things differently. what would be a really big deal to you(which is the name he's still using in this case) other people would pay no heed to it.

and you can't just expect the guy to take a hint at it without having a word with him.

Just context, I guess.

Bobo means 'idiot' in Filipino.

#themoreyouknow

Anyway, your username's the name of our dog as well. I find that cute.

Really I don't care if you replaced a with o within your username it would be Kosoki which would mean cross eyed in Bosnian-Croatian-Montenegrin-Serbian(BCMS) rude word for asian people. Every language feels strange to non-native.

Nicknames are good depending on your relationship and the nickname, for example if your friends gives you a nickname that's an insulting word or you find offensive than it might just be for fun and you have a equal insulting nickname for your friend, however if a person you only have spoken to at school/work and you don't consider eachother friends but he gives you a offensive nickname than it comes close to bullying.

Me personally likes getting and giving nicknames to and fro friends because it makes you closer, or if your name is hard to pronounce it makes it easier, my international online friends for example that ive known for 3-5 years calls me Josh since my norwegian name is hard to pronounce for them, or it just sounds weird and akward in their accent.