VN whose Heroines have nothing to do with each other

Permagate

The Shinsetsu Ryouki no Ori games, as both take place in a large location where each heroine works in different parts of it.

http://gamesforadultsandeveryone.blogspot.com/2013/05/import-games-for-adults-shinsetsu.html

http://gamesforadultsandeveryone.blogspot.com/2013/10/import-games-for-adults-halloween_17.html

Should note that while a few heroines in the game know each other they don't really interact very much.

Air...or even clannad...

In clannad they all are friends, also .-.

Btw, I have one, but with a good quantity of drama... Yume Miru Kusuri.

I have played those. Yumi Miru Kusuri is also another example that really suits what I want.

Amakano, maybe?

The character design sucks though.............

You are the first person to say that those two have no/little drama...

And all the characters know each other well...

The Shinsetsu Ryouki no Ori games, as both take place in a large location where each heroine works in different parts of it.

http://gamesforadultsandeveryone.blogspot.com/2013/05/import-games-for-adults-shinsetsu.html

http://gamesforadultsandeveryone.blogspot.com/2013/10/import-games-for-adults-halloween_17.html

Should note that while a few heroines in the game know each other they don't really interact very much.

Noted, thanks!

muramasa, yuno, subahibi, kkk, eustia

I will only read those either when my Japanese has reached a good mastery or a translation is released, whichever comes first  :sachi:

In clannad they all are friends, also .-.

Btw, I have one, but with a good quantity of drama... Yume Miru Kusuri.

Um. Depending on which route. Once you go into one of the routes, most other characters don't matter. That was how I understand heroines having nothing to do with each other. 'They are at most' classmates.

Moving on... amagami ss

You can increase affection with separate characters through separate events. Definitely 'only classmates' to me. I don't know what you mean by little/no drama though...

Characters not knowing eachother goes against the standard VN formula of having a common route featuring scenes with all girls and then a romance route for each girl, so you can't really find them in VNs following that formula. Easiest to find in dating sims or VNs where romance isn't the focus.

True Love, May Club, and Koisuru Oukoku would be some suggestions for dating sims.

Well, iirc, Da Capo somewhat fits the bill. Since the heroines are mostly independent from each other. The common route is where the protagonist is getting to know each heroine, confession happens at early stage of the individual route, then kyakya ufufu till the end (with drama in-between).

To Heart 2 for the most part fits the bill. There are some heroines who know each other but they're all largely strangers to each other and there are no big group events or anything like that. There is drama but it's usually not significant. It is even possible to go through the game without seeing some of the heroines at all, and most others you usually only see a couple times if you're focusing 100% on someone.

This probably works for Symphonic Rain but there's drama up the wazoo. 

To Heart 2 for the most part fits the bill. There are some heroines who know each other but they're all largely strangers to each other and there are no big group events or anything like that. There is drama but it's usually not significant. It is even possible to go through the game without seeing some of the heroines at all, and most others you usually only see a couple times if you're focusing 100% on someone.

This probably works for Symphonic Rain but there's drama up the wazoo. 

To Heart 2 garnered a decent amount of respect in Japan but when I played the partial translation it seemed kind of average. I don't know how much of that was due to the rather bad translation, though. Maybe if you read it in Japanese it will be better for you. I can't really seem to recall any specific complaints about it, maybe you'll like it. It wasn't particularly bad, at any rate.

edit: Looking back, my two biggest complaints were 1) For most of the routes, it feels like they're too short, they typically end soon after confession. There's a confession scene, an h-scene, and maybe a short lovey-dovey scene, roll credits. There is some drama leading up to the confession each time but it's usually very minor. And 2) hardly anyone knows each other and once you enter into a route, everyone else seems to fade away. This seems to be what you want, but I personally didn't like that aspect too much.

So one issue is actually exactly what you want, and the other just means it's pretty light on the drama, which is also what you want. Aside from those two issues, it was better than I expected going in, I think you could have a good time with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Characters not knowing eachother goes against the standard VN formula of having a common route featuring scenes with all girls and then a romance route for each girl, so you can't really find them in VNs following that formula. Easiest to find in dating sims or VNs where romance isn't the focus.

True Love, May Club, and Koisuru Oukoku would be some suggestions for dating sims.