Fuwanovel Video Game Club

Kurisu-Chan

I'm assuming we play up to around 3 hours, but is that considered the minimum or the limited playtime? I need to know just in case if get too immersed into finishing the game and afraid of spoiling anything to those who hasn't finished even by the end of the event.

Feel free to keep playing of course. Just be mindful of spoilers in story heavy games. 

Downloaded Aria of Sorrow.  I'm having a blast playing it, it's quite fun.  I got a Combat Knife from a Zombie Soldier, and it's better than every other weapon I've found so far, even a bastard sword.  Dunno what's up with that...

I hit the three hour quota for Aria of Sorrow, so I'll hold off on that for a bit. I think I'm a bit over leveled, so far I'm at level 20. Gosh, I really want to keep playing though...

^^^

Feel free to keep playing of course. Just be mindful of spoilers in story heavy games. 

Dat urge to grind monsters to get souls. I'm probably going to end up over-leveled too, and I keep having to tell myself to stop wasting pieces of my 3 hours grinding. (Then again one result of grinding was I got two really awesome souls so...)

Edit: Also like a total weaboo Japanophile I'm playing the Japanese version Minuet of Dawn. As far as I know there's absolutely no difference except for Japanese voices and of course the text.

Aria of Sorrow is pretty fun, but I got stuck at a boss.

That Grim Reaper. The first phase is okay, but the second form deals way too much damage and it's really hard to hit the boss and and not get touched by that giant scythe.

Maybe I'll just farm some levels and get better armor.

I like metroidvanias as long as the path you need to go is fairly clear, but it gets frustrating when you have to backtrack to a small area to unlock a other small area. Luckily Aria of Sorrow hasn't done that too much.

I got a Combat Knife from a Zombie Soldier, and it's better than every other weapon I've found so far, even a bastard sword.  Dunno what's up with that...

I found a sword whip in a secret area. It's not the strongest I could go with, but its length is pretty OP. Almost feels like I'm cheating combat, lol.

I enjoy playing the game, but I'm probably making this a little more challenging than I should be. I have not grinded a single instance of the game for leveling up, and I've just been pushing forward. Kinda reckless, but it makes the game more fun. Though I have been getting killed a little more frequently in the later stages. ;_;

I started playing Aria of Sorrow yesterday. I already invested 3-4 hours into it, and it feels good to play this style of game again after having played Symphony of the Night a few years back. 

Although the story is kind of lackluster, and the music is maybe not as close to being phenomenal as Symphony of the Night, the gameplay keeps our minds aside and keeps the game strong. The exploration and fighting mechanic is beyond fun~

I really am having a blast right now and I'll continue playing sometime during the weekend, if not tonight.

Aria of Sorrow is pretty fun, but I got stuck at a boss.

That Grim Reaper. The first phase is okay, but the second form deals way too much damage and it's really hard to hit the boss and and not get touched by that giant scythe.

Maybe I'll just farm some levels and get better armor.

I like metroidvanias as long as the path you need to go is fairly clear, but it gets frustrating when you have to backtrack to a small area to unlock a other small area. Luckily Aria of Sorrow hasn't done that too much.

About this,

I also died numerous times against the Grim Reaper. I had to buy a Steel Plate armour to help me.

Just after buying one, a enemy dropped the same armour on my way back to fight the boss. It was a waste of money but now I know the game is fair enough by pitying the player~

Damn you guys are fast, I'll make sure to increase the time limit in the future. I'll go ahead and make discussion threads for both games today. 

It`s hard with Castlevania because it`s so open-ended, but with an RPG or something it might be best to just say `play to the xth boss` or `xth dungeon` that way we will all be on exactly the same page.

As far as time, I`m barely going to hit 3 hours tonight so don`t increase it too much!

Finally got past an annoying boss,

Death. He beat the shit out of me the first two times I tried to kill him, and the time after that I rage-quit for the night. Today I went and got 9 potions and ended up using them, the max potion and a melon I found behind a fake wall. Doesn't matter, killed Death, worth.

I just spammed Valkyrie after using all my Mind Up potions, it certainly helped that I was like level 30 so Death was no match for my grinding skills. I'll probably be done with the game soon. I want to buy that ring that increases the likelihood of getting souls, but that price is ridiculous.

Map is 66% done and I'm currently in a part of the castle where there's lots of water and there's a little raft going down a hill. How come each section of the castle doesn't have a name on the map?

I got curbstomped by Death the first time, but the second time I realized two important things. One is that you can destroy his stupid flying scythes by hitting them so as long as you have a fast weapon it's easy to go through the first half of the fight with little damage. Second, in his second form his pattern is really easy to dodge as long as you don't get too aggressive. He literally only has three attack patterns and all three of them are easily dodge-able if you give yourself time and double-jump.

I hit 3 hours at about 76% map completion

I got curbstomped by Death the first time, but the second time I realized two important things. One is that you can destroy his stupid flying scythes by hitting them so as long as you have a fast weapon it's easy to go through the first half of the fight with little damage. Second, in his second form his pattern is really easy to dodge as long as you don't get too aggressive. He literally only has three attack patterns and all three of them are easily dodge-able if you give yourself time and double-jump.

I hit 3 hours at about 76% map completion

The Giant Ghost soul deflects all projectiles thrown at you, and in that case can even make them damage the scythe, since they reflect after hitting you with the Giant Ghost soul activated.  I also got down the attack patterns, but I just couldn't dodge them fast enough.  Probably should have died and practiced avoiding them some more, but I was getting kind of mad, so I just used all of my health items and basically brute forced through it.

I'm at about 64.1% map completion, but I also grinded quite a few enemies for souls, and tried to get the best equipment that I could, which also required a lot of backtracking to Hammer's shop and grinding.