Fuwanovel Video Game Club

Kurisu-Chan

Maybe I'm in the wrong group since I don't like hard and confusing games ;)

It just depends on your skill level then, right? What's the hardest game you enjoy playing?

Anyways, I've got no problems with banning cheats, but I might have a problem with banning guides for some specific games.

Hey, how about Saint's Row or something for the modern gamers? Or is there a problem with cracked and torrentable games?

This was actually fun~ knowing how fun AoS was, I don't think I would have been able to make the time to play it if it wasn't for this thread. I'm willing to try any other retro game or even a modern one of any sort to try as long as no payment's needed~

This was actually fun~ knowing how fun AoS was, I don't think I would have been able to make the time to play it if it wasn't for this thread. I'm willing to try any other retro game or even a modern one of any sort to try as long as no payment's needed~

It was super good but I can't really pick which is better between it, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Super Robot Wars OG (and the other Super Robot Wars GBA games for Japanese readers). Bottom line is the GBA had an absolute glut of incredible games to choose from. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of our retro game picks for the club end up being GBA (or Super Nintendo).

Fire Emblem if you obsess over perfection (its H-Hard Mode requires it for full points, and once a character dies there's absolutely no way to bring them back (EVEN WHEN RESETTING THE CHAPTER, THE GAME RECORDS THE DEATH OF YOUR COMRADE)). Final Fantasy Tactics for the realism (you literally have everything down to which way you're looking count towards the battle). SRT for the awesome (awesome music, awesome battles, awesomely high difficulty, extremely awesome extra conditions for battle mastery, awesome character choice (character choice 1st game only)).

Anyways, if you're not into SRPG, Klonoa may be a better way to go. It's more like Castlevania, except this one is kid-friendly and relies on puzzles. Despite being kid-friendly, it's pretty fucking hard, so don't underestimate it. It's a real hidden gem, just like all the Rareware games.

. SRT for the awesome (awesome music,

Edit: Oh hey I forgot that someone actually did a full translation of Super Robot Wars J for the GBA. So while OG 1&2 are the only official English releases we actually have 2 of the main series games (J and Alpha Gaiden) to choose from if we want to play any of the others in English. All my votes for SRW J. All my votes forever.

Edit: Oh hey I forgot that someone actually did a full translation of Super Robot Wars J for the GBA. So while OG 1&2 are the only official English releases we actually have 2 of the main series games (J and Alpha Gaiden) to choose from if we want to play any of the others in English. All my votes for SRW J. All my votes forever.

SERIOUSLY?!

WAHT THE FUCK I MUST PLAY IMMEDIATELY GFFGGFGGGGGGHSDJAJADKHASKJS.

Advance Wars was godly! You know, that could actually be a fun game to play as a group, we share our strategies on stages we're stuck on as we all go along. The only problem is that not everyone's a fan of strategy games though, but it would be interesting anyway.

Which is why I suggested an alternative; Klonoa. It's not strategy, it's platformer puzzle.

I'm for either Fire Emblem or Super Robot Wars. I want to give priority to games I never played or finished. I actually distinctly remember being out at the gamestore when Fire Emblem and Advance Wars were both out and spending like an hour trying to decide which to pick up. Finally I decided on Advance Wars. Now it's finally time for me to take the other path.

^Yes. This.

Also, to keep us all on the same page, for a strategy game I suggest giving us a limit like 'please play until you have completed mission/chapter x' rather than a set amount of time. That way slow and fast players are still all on the same page when we start discussing it and we don't have to worry about any spoilers, we can just talk freely about the chapters we've all already beat. I think all three of the series suggested so far (Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and SRW) are broken into chapters/missions so you should be able to look up a guide for how many there are, pick a percentage of that, and set that as our first goal.