How did you discover Fuwanovel?

Mr Poltroon

After playing Katawa Shoujo which I knew from the Facebook group of Kissanime, I searched for other VNs and after noticing that I can't get any of the interesting ones in germany I searched for Fantranslations and found Fuwanovel via Google.

I think that I became interested in VNs after after playing a demo of one that someone was making on GameJolt (Indie Game site, Jade for those who are interested), After which I looked up what a VN was and asked which one would be the best for a person starting out. Which in turn lead me to find Katawa Shoujo on Fuwanovel and I have been hooked ever since.

I found out about a certain game called Phoenix Wright through osu!. After playing it (and absolutely loving it), I randomly looked up some info on it, and it was sometimes called a 'visual novel'. One quick google search later, I found vndb and fuwanovel, and started playing more VNs.

I think I found Fuwanovel shortly after beginning to read Novels entirely, but the first thing I downloaded from the website (IIRC, don't quite remember which one it was exactly) was Rewrite, back when Amaterasu had just released their Common Route patch. As to how, I believe it was a friend of mine who told me about it, due to it's selection of translated Novels and torrents.

Anyway, I already knew of Fuwanovel back in the old days, when Aaeru was still spearheading the site. Didn't want to download stuff here though. I'm wary of prepatched things. I also know Fuwanovel because it was always being bashed in 4chan lol. Anyway, already knew of the forums, but I never joined because I was too lazy to make an account. Until the faithful day that KonoSora wouldn't work. I made an account so that I could ask other people for help. Too bad though, I never fixed it. At least I found a lot of friends.

I was also interested in Steve. Too bad he was already dead by then.

I found out through someone on vndb dissing Fuwanovel, I think... was intrigued by Aaeru's ideals and all once I read the about section as well. I've been on a decent lot of forums so I jumped in here with little trepidation. Yes, vndb. I'd actually getten used to installing and patching VNs on my own, so I started using fuwa releases myself partly because I could help others fix theirs later lol (also, troubleshooting on my own was strangely satisfying as a challenge.) Also, lazy.

Had a friend who really liked Clannad's anime, decided to go looking for the VN for him.  I was interested in VNs but hadn't gotten much aside from Katawa Shoujo myself.

Found this place, linked it to him, then started grabbing some myself.  Made an account when I needed help fixing Rewrite so it would work.  I've been on-and-off active since then.

I stumbled upon the now defunct CraneAnime.com and saw they had uploaded Mashiro Iro Symphony onto their forum, erojiji.net.  For some reason I was enamored with the idea of the game (and still am), so I downloaded them game from there, but of course, it had no translation patch.  So I went looking for one and I got the Fuwanovel project page for Mashiro Iro.

Either that or I was looking for information about Fate/Stay Night, but I'm pretty sure it was the quest for a Mashiro Iro translation.

Once upon a time when I had recently played Katawa Shoujo some idiot on reddit said that something called Grisaia no Kajitsu was similar. I used everyones favorite search engine ask.com  and found some disgusting site called Fuwanovel which had a lovely torrent for said thing. Then after being somewhat disappointed with the thing called Grisaia no Kajitsu I went on with my searching and stumbled upon this site many times and one cold winter afternoon when my mind was weak I created this account and here I am.

It looked just like Yarai Miu from Dracu-riot! 

T17zB7J.jpg

You make me hope for Dracu-Riot's translation again.

You found out about us through the hate 4chan was spreading about Aaeru and this community?! Wow, I thought that would have turned you completely away from this site. I never could understand why 4chan hated us so much. But Aaeru is definitely among the most important people that existed in the western VN community, and despite her quirks, my respect for her is quite high. Regarding Steve, I remember when this thread was still trending: Best of Steve's loli collection. It was a bit weird for me when the thread died. I never really looked at that thread, but it was a constant reminder of Steve's presence back than. And now he is largely inactive... 

I already knew of Fuwanovel even before I visited 4chan. I liked what Aaeru was doing. I can't find a reason to hate her. 4chan's just stupid sometimes. Sure, some of the prepatched visual novels won't work on some computers because of file properties that I have no idea of, or some compatibility crap, but I see nothing wrong with what the girl wants to do. They be hating on it even though they're not usually doing anything that'll contribute to the overall growth of the community, and yes, to the improvement of the western visual novel scene. I have respect for Aaeru, even though we didn't really communicate with one another. She had her own way of doing things, and I thought that was fine. Dunno why she died out. Maybe because of the C&Ds and stuff. But she was an important contributor to the westernization of visual novels, imo. Or at least the spread of visual novels in the west. ;)

There's no reason to hate something you haven't experience for yourself, imo. Though my biggest complaint was the Sengoku Rance torrent of Fuwanovel not allowing players to have NG+ in some computers.

And I mentioned Steve because I was very much disheartened by the discontinuation of Irotoridori no Sekai. He mentioned something about a possibility of starting it again, but that it was too much work. Unless they could get the files or something. Also, his love for lolis.

• 3 weeks later...

I never had anyone to talk about visual novels after moving,

so I was looking for a place where people were passionate about VNs and had fun discussing about them.

I was quite impressed not only about the number of people actually reading them in the west (be it in English or Japanese),

but also about the number of VNs that they are reading (some lists are quite long, I was astonished).

Im also happy there are many Key fans over here who voraciously read (almost) all of its VNs and have life-changing experiences with them.

My master (who introduced VNs and taught how to read them in a smart way) "graduated" from VNs (he played nearly everything since 2000s to now),

and is almost graduating from light novels too, so we dont talk that much anymore LOL.

But yeah, folks here are nice and hope to have a good time discussing VNs in Fuwanovels.