Interest in a Fuwa Gaming Club

solidbatman

I am in this, but can I request something

A maximum limit for the budget we will need to buy the game.

I mean, if it is anything above $20, there is a very very very low chance I'd be able to buy it.

We should also determine a platform/ a series of platforms

Maybe we could also have a "retro gaming club" where people use emulators to play through retro games

...Sorry a bit tired lately

I'm in, I play games more than I weeb out although technically I play plenty of japanese games so I'm still in full weeb mode.

Having seen clubs like this on several forums over the years I would highly suggest you aggregate all platforms, new and old games to one place otherwise the activity will drop off quickly. I've seen that happen several times.

Currently playing: Atelier Shallie Alchemists of Dusk (working on a video review)

Also playing Hyperdevotion Noire thinking of ditching it can't seem to get past one level can't figure out how.

My non-weeb game I'm playing is Wasteland 2 on pc which is alledgly moving from Unity 4 to Unity5 soon

so yay for a free graphics upgrade.

After I review Atelier Shallie I will then be playing Tokyo Twilight.

I like my vidya.

I'll join if we're doing retro games. Shorter, cheaper, gives me an excuse to go pick up a Super Famicom or Famicom again etc etc.

Edit: Not that I'm suggesting everyone would need to get legit copies. I imagine most people will emulate old stuff since retro gaming in other countries isn't quite as cheap and accessible as it is in Japan. I'm just looking for an excuse to pick up some retro games to have around the house anyway.

Alright. That bullshit assignment is done.Now for my more fleshed out idea for this as we have plenty of interest. 

The first hurdle we have is the cost. Not everyone has the means, or addiction to buy as much as others. Naturally, I will attempt to stick to cheaper games as much as possible, but also would like to tackle longer games, mostly because I hate a lot of indie games (don't get me started on this). 

One thing we do have going for us, is emulation. Lower end systems can typically run NES and SNES roms without much fuss, and a decent mid range system can handle PS1 emulation. So that is certainly an option.

The first step for me, is to get an idea of what everyone has. If you want to, make a list of what systems you own, and how you would classify your computer (lower, mid, high, i have too much money ultra). If we have the numbers, we can certainly split this into groups. For example, us PS3 fags can be playing Eternal Sonata for the month, while another group could be playing emulated Parasite Eve or something. And then we of course have Steam and GoG. This would tie more into what type of computer you have and how you would classify it. 

How I see this working, is we as a group pick a game. Unlike anime, vn, and manga clubs, we don't have the option of free console gaming unless it is emulated, so we would need to find a game many of us own. Then, over the course of a month or so, we play the game x number of hours. You don't have to beat the game of course, and sticking to a certain number of hours will make sure we dont spoil things for others by discussing it. We then discuss what we thought of the game, and our experiences. I see this as a way to maybe get introduced to new genres and games, as well as here other view points from people who maybe have different taste. We might get some cool discussion out of all of this. 

So, thoughts on this?