Convention Season is Almost Upon Us.

B0X0R

I have never once gone to a convention. They scare me

I would suggest going to small conventions first. I mean really small conventions that are only one day and are in a smaller venue such as a library. Conventions are a great way to remind yourself that you aren't the only one who loves what you love.

I'm going to Sakura-Con this weekend. I went last year as well, but I was a little nervous about it. I ended up hitting up a couple panels (actually maybe only one?), and spent most of my time wandering the floor, looking at cool fan art, cosplay, etc. This year, I'm a bit more comfortable with the whole thing, and I'm actually putting together a little "schedule" of four or five panels that I want to see. The Sekai Project industry panel and the subsequent Visual Novel panel are at the top of my list :D

Conventions are a great way to remind yourself that you aren't the only one who loves what you love.

Exactly. With a hobby that's a little bit out there like anime/manga/VNs/generic otakudom, it's an incredible experience to realize that literally everybody around you wants to talk about it, immerse themselves in it, revel in it just as much as you do.

I would suggest going to small conventions first. I mean really small conventions that are only one day and are in a smaller venue such as a library. Conventions are a great way to remind yourself that you aren't the only one who loves what you love.

I have this website to remind me that I'm not the only one who loves what I love. :P Plus Fuwanovel manages to avoid the main drawback of conventions - having to face 3D people. :vinty:

I have this website to remind me that I'm not the only one who loves what I love. :P Plus Fuwanovel manages to avoid the main drawback of conventions - having to face 3D people. :vinty:

Last time I went to a Con (Fanime), I got glomped by just about every girl that saw me, since I was dressed as Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora.  Not gonna lie...it was fun :yumiko:

Also got to experience the Gauntlet of Hugs before it was banned.  A guy lifted me off the ground and hugged me so hard my back cracked, but in a way that felt awesome.  The dude was as large as a bear  xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...