Princess Evangile Release 2015

Vargas

Finished Chiho's route last night. Here are my thoughts on it.....

Whilst this is my least favourite route of PE I still enjoyed it. The rivalry between Chiho and Rise was well written and in my mind lasted only as long as it needed to, that being said I would've liked a little more time dedicated to Chiho in the route.

I didn't feel much sympathy for Masaya and Chiho during the whole kidnapping part. I mean, they spent the whole vn talking about what a cunning weasel Masaya's father is and how desperate he has become yet they let him talk (in other words they let him do the one thing they didn't want him to do).

I think the route could've been improved had it taken a different approach. for example; when Masaya and Chiho start having sex Masaya seems to want it a lot more thn Chiho, they could've used this to maybe make a route bout Chiho thinking Masaya sees her as a sex object or something like that (this could've complemented the aspect where they still somewhat see each other as childhood friends rather than lovers). but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

So overall, good route, but somewhat lacklustre in comparison to the others.

well she is his best friend. its hard to go from someone whos been my friend my whole life to girlfriend. the closest comparison is like looking at your sister as a possible girlfriend, with less guilt obviously........... and incest.............. and having your own father be your father-in-law.

You... I like how you think :3.

Well now that you mention it, you're right. I also had a bestfriend (girl) which I see as only a friend who's special, nothing more. But she wants to take it to the next level so I kinda understand what you meant. Masaya had known Chiho all his life and now their relationship has taken a drastic turn. But still, I like your example tho. Incest.. less guilt... i leik

some of you wants to have ruriko route. so i will ask a question:

assuming that moonstone has a tight budget and can only afford 4 routes.

do you want to remove one of the girl route (ritsuko will more likely remove storywise) and add ruriko?

sorry for the english

some of you wants to have ruriko route. so i will ask a question:

assuming that moonstone has a tight budget and can only afford 4 routes.

do you want to remove one of the girl route (ritsuko will more likely remove storywise) and add ruriko?

sorry for the english

Based purely off the common route I would rather replace Ristuko with Ruriko because Ruriko was more characterised in the common route and I had more investment in her than I did Ritsuko.

However, having played all the routes it is hard to say if I'd drop one of them, they were all quite good.

same as nimbus's answer. i dont hate ritsuko, in fact shes my second favorite route, but it was frustrating at first having a ruriko arc in the common route and have a ritsuko route even though she didnt have an arc in the common route. someone pointed out that ruriko wouldve been easy to obtain because we assume she already likes masaya, and we already have this route, chiho's. but even if there is a problem in ritsuko's route that she has to overcome, shes still the girl to date masaya the soonest.

It's not like Chiho was actually

sold into prostitution

and the goons seemed to be wary enough about this fishy deal, to reject it even before Masaya came to save the day. Also, could you guys imagine Chiho to wake up and say "Well, okay. I guess I'll do it.".

... and have a ritsuko route even though she didnt have an arc in the common route...

She does though. It starts from the first moment you meet her and ends in her route, because it's the central conflict of her story. It's setup and properly paid off later.

And that, guys, is where the FD comes in!

I'm also kinda disappointed that Ruriko didn't have any route, but considering what happened in the common route, I think it's self explanatory.

I also hope that MangaGamer translates the fan disk of PE, but from the looks of it, I think not.

Out of all the routes I saw in the FD, I think Mitsuki's and Ruriko's are the ones to be most watched. I dunno

I finished the game earlier this week and I don't see why you people like it so damn much. Sure it was alright but there was nothing beyond that. The routes felt very similar and did not contain events that where more interesting than the H-scenes. Out of all the game I would rate Rises route the highest and Ristukos the lowest. I really don't like arranged marriages, the whole idea of something like that feels so old and unrealistic too me, and a person who actually would accept something like that is not much of a person in my eyes. If visual novels could just leave the arranged marriages in the past that would be great. But I guess something like that happening is about as likely as a Visual Novel that doesn't have the same standard cliché characters.

It's not like Chiho was actually

sold into prostitution

and the goons seemed to be wary enough about this fishy deal, to reject it even before Masaya came to save the day. Also, could you guys imagine Chiho to wake up and say "Well, okay. I guess I'll do it.".

It was kind of weird how reluctant they where when they in the common route seemed to have no problem doing the same thing themselfs.

@atorq well arranged marriages is still a thing in japan, its not just in vn's. also i just really enjoyed this vn. its not the greatest vn ever made but it was still a nice read nonetheless. i liked the characters as well as their interactions with each other. were there some unnecessary parts? yes. could it benefit from a few more route options? absolutely. but again at the end of the day, it was still really enjoyable. i mean i did give it 5 missing buttons from a controller out of 2 pencils shavings, after all.

also @Psychotic, mangagamer seem to have a potential long standing relationship with moonstone. not that long ago, they let MG release "Imouto Paradise" so who knows. of course they have to rely on sales to see where to go next and as Satsuki said, Princess Evangile seems to be doing well.

@atorq well arranged marriages is still a thing in japan, its not just in vn's. also i just really enjoyed this vn. its not the greatest vn ever made but it was still a nice read nonetheless. i liked the characters as well as their interactions with each other. were there some unnecessary parts? yes. could it benefit from a few more route options? absolutely. but again at the end of the day, it was still really enjoyable. i mean i did give it 5 missing buttons from a controller out of 2 pencils shavings, after all.

Arranged marriages are also fairly common, if not completely commonplace, in many African countries, Pakistan, India and many other Middle Eastern countries.  I'm not endorsing them, obviously, but while they're just about unheard of in most, if not all, western countries, outside of the west they're still fairly common.

@atorq well arranged marriages is still a thing in japan, its not just in vn's.

Ehhh.... not nearly as prominent as VNs would have you think. It almost never happens in Japan anymore, but is one of those classic plot devices writers can't let go of.

Arranged marriages are also fairly common, if not completely commonplace, in many African countries, Pakistan, India and many other Middle Eastern countries.  I'm not endorsing them, obviously, but while they're just about unheard of in most, if not all, western countries, outside of the west they're still fairly common.

I know they still happens in places, I'm sure they still happen on rare occasion in western countries too, doesn't mean I like the idea of it any better. And I highly doubt that it really is a common thing in Japan. However, that's only my personal belief, not based on any fact whatsoever, I know nothing.

EDIT: A quick google search gave me this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miai which doesn't seem like how visual novels go about with their arranged marriages.

I know they still happens in places, I'm sure they still happen on rare occasion in western countries too, doesn't mean I like the idea of it any better. And I highly doubt that it really is a common thing in Japan. However, that's only my personal belief, not based on any fact whatsoever, I know nothing.

EDIT: A quick google search gave me this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miai which doesn't seem like how visual novels go about with their arranged marriages.

Currently in chapter 10. The attempt at a threatening atmosphere

Expulsion in two days!

is somewhat undermined by the calendar that pops up for transitions between days

Pool Opening Day in 5 days!

I still haven't read enough to form a strong opinion on it, though I definitely picked a good time for it, as a means to unwind from the consistently heavy mood of Fate/Stay Night. That said, I'm still in the common route, and I'm already feeling like I want things to get a bit more serious. I might have to start another VN in parallel, just to balance out the moods.

Currently in chapter 10. The attempt at a threatening atmosphere

Expulsion in two days!

is somewhat undermined by the calendar that pops up for transitions between days

Pool Opening Day in 5 days!

I still haven't read enough to form a strong opinion on it, though I definitely picked a good time for it, as a means to unwind from the consistently heavy mood of Fate/Stay Night. That said, I'm still in the common route, and I'm already feeling like I want things to get a bit more serious. I might have to start another VN in parallel, just to balance out the moods.

Things do get a little more serious towards the end of the common route but as Eclipsed said, for the most part it stays light-hearted.