Princess Evangile Release 2015

Vargas

Finished Princess Evangile.

Misc. Thoughts / Ramblings(spoilers)

General Thoughts

• Art: 8/10 General style pleasant, sprites good, backgrounds okay. Inconsistency in CGs was noticeable; non-heroine CGs pretty bad. EYE-LESS MASAYA!@#
  • Music: 5/10 So-so. Nothing special, gets repetitive at times, but at least I was never irked by it. Chiho's theme is my favorite.
  • Voice Acting: 8/10 Pretty good, no complaints. Ritsuko best voice.
  • Story: 7/10 Nothing fancy going on, but what do ya expect. The shenanigans that did occur were interesting enough, and I never felt bored. Good balance of comedy, romance, drama, though the VN feels a bit too lengthy/draggy at times.
  • Characters: 9/10 All characters extremely loveable. A shame some side characters didn't get their own routes.
  • Enjoyment: 9/10. Yeee

Overall 8.5/10

Except when it comes to Rise (Ritsuko > Rise), you and I have our thoughts almost perfectly aligned. :makina:

I was liking Rise, until she easedropped on Masaya and Chiho not once, but TWICE. That was a private and heartbreaking moment for Chiho, she deserved at least a moments privacy. =/ Too bad her own route was pretty meh lol.

As for Ayaka's ending, yup I was a little choked up at the singing too. Such a heart warming finish, really gives a sense of completion to the VN.

(about the headmistress)

Headmistress was quite a fun antagonist to have. I hated her all throughout the common route and Rise's route (that slap on Rise was totally uncalled for), Chiho's route (she disbands the White Lily Society at the last fking chapter when all that random BS with Masaya's dad was JUST dealt with; like WTF!!!), and Ritsuko's route (her trademark stubbornness is at its prime here with how adamant she was with her Rtisuko force arrange marriage crap). 

And then finally we have Ayaka's route and something that I never considered was revealed: the Headmistress was also a victim of the curse of Vincennes!

I mean it was obvious that she had some deep-rooted traditionalist views, but I never really thought about why she had those views (I more or less accepted the 'protect Kaori' reason presented in Rise's route and didn't realize that she was actually the same as Kaori with the whole delusional 'living your life as a lie' thing).

When she finally broke down in her final confrontation with Ayaka, all of my hatred built up towards her from all this time just dissapated and was replaced with sympathy. I was just like, wow.

Tobioka! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! i dont know whos worse. they both look down on their students, although tobioka takes a few cheap shots at kotori and her disability, as well as use it to hinder the Soaring club at times. hes the sole reason why i turn male misc voices down. at least the headmistress doesnt always get what she wants, and tobioka has only one route where hes "redeemed" and its not really worth it.

can i just say, again, how awesome it was in Rise's route when she

was like "nope" when it came to keeping her promise to the headmistress. when she said she would resign if things went wrong at the culture festival.

Except when it comes to Rise (Ritsuko > Rise), you and I have our thoughts almost perfectly aligned. :makina:

I was liking Rise, until she easedropped on Masaya and Chiho not once, but TWICE. That was a private and heartbreaking moment for Chiho, she deserved at least a moments privacy. =/ Too bad her own route was pretty meh lol.

As for Ayaka's ending, yup I was a little choked up at the singing too. Such a heart warming finish, really gives a sense of completion to the VN.

Well reading all the spoilers pretty much confirms my guesses at the other routes.

I did like the headmistress as an antagonist, even though I felt more like she was just one of the mooks hindering everything rather than an actual antagonist.  Ah, I just came up with how I would describe her: she's exactly like all the other common route antagonists,

the mafia goons, the president, and the president's lapdog, Ruriko's fiance/father, etc.

Geh, I'm not that crazy about dandere~~

I tend to skip route of characters that I'm not interested in, unless I have to play them in order to unlock other routes/true route (and sometimes I even skip like half of their routes, only get the important info, like Ena route in Kujiragami or Kotori route in AstralAir)

or Yuiko route in Little Busters

looks like the story is you play a trap, thats all i know. still wish there was a trap heroine. i still like the Ritsuko clone. its those eyes. also im sure if there was a loli headmistress, you would go after her.

i can kind of imagine. "AAAAHH! There's a boy in the school! Onee-sa- I mean, chairwoman! Theres a boy in the school! (Pouts)" hang on. gonna go draw some fan art.