Princess Evangile Release 2015

Vargas

I am okay with this...unfortunately now I have to pay 50 dollars for a physical edition. I also like collectible stuff so the wall scroll is really intriguing and enticing. Not having played the game though I don't know if the extra money for a wallscroll (25 dollars for a wallscroll itself is a bit much) is worth it.

I wish to pose a question; without spoiling anything story wise explain why character of your choice from Princess Evangile deserves a wallscroll over the others. 

Waifu material, that's why.

Well, Ritsuko is the most adorable heroine in the game, and I also like her route the most (personal opinion, don't jump on me for this).

Not everyone can order goods like this to the home or country they live in. And other people just hate having to wait for the mailman, so I don't think everyone will cry about it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that customs won't allow games like this to go through to countries such as Canada, Australia and some parts of Europe.

Now I'm wondering why mangagamer couldn't release an all-ages version as a physical copy and then release an 18+ patch on their website later on. I think that's what some people are doing over at the Muv-Luv kickstarter as well.

Not really. Digital copies are better imo. Physical copies are mainly bought to display on your mancave/gamer shelf or reselling. They are more discreet and usually the preferred medium if you dont want other people knowing about "your hobbies". 

I think that having extra goodies inside the physical copy is also a good thing since you can take a look at the artbook, listen to the soundtrack, admire the figurine etc.

It's more of an appearance thing, something that you can see and touch.

Not really. Digital copies are better imo. Physical copies are mainly bought to display on your mancave/gamer shelf or reselling. They are more discreet and usually the preferred medium if you dont want other people knowing about "your hobbies". 

I think that having extra goodies inside the physical copy is also a good thing since you can take a look at the artbook, listen to the soundtrack, admire the figurine etc.

It's more of an appearance thing, something that you can see and touch.

As someone who owns 4 full shelves of physical copies, I never viewed the artbooks more than 2-3 times, so they end up mostly encased in the box never to be viewed again. For the soundtrack, I simply converted most of them to digital format so I can store them on my iPhone music library and listen to them whenever I want vs going out of my way to insert a CD (This is 2015, do we even have use for CDs anymore?) and actually needing a computer or CD player to listen to them... And as for figurines, I prefer buying them separately from a store (online or irl) or conventions.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Of course all this talking happened while I was at uni :saber:

It's time for battle! Vote for the best heroine (aka Ritsuko) here and she will get an exclusive wallscroll! 

1EzFYfXl.jpg

Ayaka is the best girl. I don't care if your opinion is different, your opinion is just plain wrong.

QFT1.jpg

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Like all the heroines so far, but Ruriko and Ayaka are just so awesome I'm having trouble deciding on who is best, with Rise fallowing along nicely. They have such good points in my book that is definitely hard to wight it out. That limited edition looks like a nice buy, except it's a shame that, if your least favorite character is selected for the wall, you're stuck with it.

• 2 months later...

Well since this topic is dying a bit i think ill give my final thoughts on Princess Evangile. So i can finally put it to rest for me.

I really enjoyed it. this was probably the first forum ive been to that was the most recent. i believe i finished at least one route of PR within the week and came on here to talk about it. within the next couple of months, i finished all of it. through out that time, my impression has been mostly positive. The exception was with Chiho's route. had nothing to do with her character specifically, but certain events in it. overall i enjoyed it. even when people started coming on later and was affected by the hype and was disappointed by the experience, and sort of shedding new light on it. although this vn may not make in my top 10 or even 20 visual novels of all time, i still really liked it. yes, most arguments against it are valid, but i still believe that it does enough right to make it enjoyable.

im glad to have read it and the experience that followed. im glad to have been part of such a lively discussion and to have met all of you.

final thoughts WHERES PRINCESS EVANGILE W HAPPINESS ALREADY!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

3 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

Well since this topic is dying a bit i think ill give my final thoughts on Princess Evangile. So i can finally put it to rest for me.

I really enjoyed it. this was probably the first forum ive been to that was the most recent. i believe i finished at least one route of PR within the week and came on here to talk about it. within the next couple of months, i finished all of it. through out that time, my impression has been mostly positive. The exception was with Chiho's route. had nothing to do with her character specifically, but certain events in it. overall i enjoyed it. even when people started coming on later and was affected by the hype and was disappointed by the experience, and sort of shedding new light on it. although this vn may not make in my top 10 or even 20 visual novels of all time, i still really liked it. yes, most arguments against it are valid, but i still believe that it does enough right to make it enjoyable.

im glad to have read it and the experience that followed. im glad to have been part of such a lively discussion and to have met all of you.

final thoughts WHERES PRINCESS EVANGILE W HAPPINESS ALREADY!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who loved this game.

Glad to see you back Mitch, I missed our waifu-wars. You and I should read another vn together and commence round 2!

16 hours ago, Decay said:

I'd actually call that the best case scenario. It could easily slip to 2017.

I'm afraid you're right about 2017...

Reading Rise's Route. Chap. 23. (finish Chiho and Ristuko, in april 2015 ; Ayaka, a few days ago) :)

In a previous chapter, I could not stop laughing...because of this (NSFW) :

Tamie is so funny. I'm looking foward to reading her (mini-) route in the famous fandisc :kosame:

Edited by Canicheslayer
Now that I'm calmed...

Just finish ALL the routes. Globally, I enjoyed it. However, I'm nonetheless slightly disappointed because the reading was a rollercoaster : Occasionally, it was incredibly boring (most of Chiho's route) and/or predictable/cliché (a great part of Rise's route...seriously I was expecting something far better) : but sometimes, I was positively surprised (first chapters ; Ritsuko's Route ; some parts of Ayaka's).

Girl ranking : Tamie > Ritsuko > Mitsuki = Ruriko = Ayaka > Marika > Chiho = Rise = Konomi

Route Ranking : Ritsuko >> Ayaka > Rise = Chiho

Final rating : 7/10

Now, I can start Sekien no Inganock :mare:...and maybe I'll find the motivation to finish the after story of Clannad :amane: