Persona

p4izanagi

I really think it is more along then they are leading us on to believe. Fully expect a release before December. Otherwise, they wouldn't be doing the Bluray P5 bonus disc for the special edition of Dance All Night. 

Pretty sure someone said Winter 2016.

That would be silly. Late 2015 at the latest for Japan and mid 2016 at the latest for US, though I expect the release to be more early 2016 for the US. Hell maybe we'll get a single worldwide release similar to Arena (but not Europe because Atlus hates you). 

I really think it is more along then they are leading us on to believe. Fully expect a release before December. Otherwise, they wouldn't be doing the Bluray P5 bonus disc for the special edition of Dance All Night. 

That would be silly. Late 2015 at the latest for Japan and mid 2016 at the latest for US, though I expect the release to be more early 2016 for the US. Hell maybe we'll get a single worldwide release similar to Arena (but not Europe because Atlus hates you). 

Well technically in this we were promised 2015 America release.  That's if we trust them.

Not sure how to feel about the cat. Kind of wish he weren't there, but secretly hope he'll turn out to be cool. Couldn't possibly be worse than Teddy, at least.

You... hate a bear that makes bear puns? He says his sensei is sensei-tional and everything... He hit a height I'm not certain other mascots can achieve!!!

SUPER HYPE! THAT TRAILER WAS 2GOOD. The only thing is the practically guaranteed lack of FeMC... ;.; Again, I shall play as a guy. If the girls are quality or I can actually go after the male teammates, I won't mind though... I'm a fan of what I've seen of the Phantom Thief genre in general so this looks really cool! ...Although I have to admit to liking P3/P4's battle system... hopefully it's at least similar... or turn-based... because I'm notoriously bad at non-turn-based games...

If there are not social links or other party members I'm severely worried.

Not gonna lie, I really hope they do away with social links. I doubt they will, since we'll probably be seeing another day/night binary gameplay system; but if they found something else to fill that space, or at least severely change how social links work, I think that'd be brilliant.

Wait, I think I take that back. i want a social link where Potter makes both the new Velvet Room assistants his bitches.

cu4D6Iq.png

I'll probably get Dancing All Night, not because I expect it to be good, but because throwing money at Persona games is just an ingrained habit at this point. For all the various money-grab-spinoffs they've been making, Arena and Ultimax had somewhat interesting stories, but as was mentioned above, they had near-zero character development (some for the newly-added characters, but it's hard to get that attached to them...). Persona Q has at least been a bit more fun because it really embraces its purpose: it's purely a vehicle to let you spend more time with the characters you like. Assuming you actually do like the P3 and P4 cast enough, it does a good job of that.

On the topic of the P5 trailer, it looked really good to me, but I am a little worried that the most exciting parts of the trailer for me were the music (Shoji Meguro really is great at what he does) and the very stylized menus. Hopefully we'll see a bigger cast of main characters emerge in an upcoming trailer; these guys look fun, but Persona games are all about the group dynamics.

I'm excited for Persona 5 assuming it releases on PS3 (in the U.S. and Sony doesn't only push one of its systems) or PC...if it doesn't then I guess Persona Q was my last Persona game. I'll try and watch someone play it on Twitch or something if it comes down to that. It looks quite a bit more like the first 2 games but with the silliness of 3 and 4. I'm ok with this because persona 1, 2, and 2.2 and even persona 3 were better story wise than 4 even if 4 had some great characters. Just my opinion though. I also like the fact the MC's persona is called Arsene this definitely has potential. 

Ah, yes, the last milking of the Cash Cow. Well, I can't say I have the system for it anyway. Even as a sucker for rhythm games. Why is Persona Q the only one on a Nintendo system...? I don't understand.

I'm excited for Persona 5 assuming it releases on PS3 (in the U.S. and Sony doesn't only push one of its systems) or PC...if it doesn't then I guess Persona Q was my last Persona game. I'll try and watch someone play it on Twitch or something if it comes down to that. It looks quite a bit more like the first 2 games but with the silliness of 3 and 4. I'm ok with this because persona 1, 2, and 2.2 and even persona 3 were better story wise than 4 even if 4 had some great characters. Just my opinion though. I also like the fact the MC's persona is called Arsene this definitely has potential. 

I do believe it's a PS3/PS4 release. I'll bum it off my friend... Again.

I've only played 3 and 4 (and a tiny bit of 1 until I found it boring, many years before I discovered the amazingness of the later games in the series), but I agree with:

... better story wise than 4 even if 4 had some great characters

4 had a fantastic cast, but the story was definitely weak in comparison to 3. Hoping for both good character and good story this time around (gameplay... apparently doesn't matter much to me, since the dungeon crawling for both Persona 3 and 4 were pretty much a total grind)

I've only played 3 and 4 (and a tiny bit of 1 until I found it boring, many years before I discovered the amazingness of the later games in the series), but I agree with:

4 had a fantastic cast, but the story was definitely weak in comparison to 3. Hoping for both good character and good story this time around (gameplay... apparently doesn't matter much to me, since the dungeon crawling for both Persona 3 and 4 were pretty much a total grind)

I agree that I liked the darkness of the plot of 3 a lot better than that of 4.  For the social links, 3 was either fantastic or terrible while 4 had pretty much all decent ones.   I think with the whole phantom thief idea and the fact that it appears some part of the game (maybe even the party) will be based off of the 7 deadly sins, we can expect a much darker go around again with Persona 5.  

If you liked the darkness and don't mind grinding I would recommend going back to 2, because it had quite a dark and interesting story as well with more old-fashioned game-play. 

I'll consider it if they release a P5 exclusive version.

BTW, here's some more Dancing All Night details, apparently we have a story....a few days after Golden. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/16/persona-4-dancing-night-producer-shares-latest-details/

I feel like the staff of Atlus is homeless with the amount of milking they are doing of Persona 4. Then I remember Sega and it all makes sense.