Persona

p4izanagi

So I bought all of the games (Persona 1, 2(parts 1 and 2) and P3P on PSN for Vita and the physical edition of 4: Golden), tried starting with Persona 1, and was, put off, to say the least. Is it something I can come back to? I really want to play them in order though. Should I push myself through them? I know there are multiple endings and I am a huge completionist.  :mellow:

So I bought all of the games (Persona 1, 2(parts 1 and 2) and P3P on PSN for Vita and the physical edition of 4: Golden), tried starting with Persona 1, and was, put off, to say the least. Is it something I can come back to? I really want to play them in order though. Should I push myself through them? I know there are multiple endings and I am a huge completionist.  :mellow:

Persona 1 and Persona 2 are almost different series compared to Persona 3 and 4. The first two games have only the basic ideas in common with latter ones, the stories are not tied. 

I suggest starting with 3 and 4. They are more story focused, and much easier to get into. I personally went from 3>4>2:IS>1. 

I started playing Persona 1 years ago because of the PSP re-release at a time while I was looking for portable games. I found it really boring and put it down, and it then took a lot of coaxing for me to give the series another try. 1.5 years ago I played P4G, which I adore, and then half a year ago P3P, which is also amazing. So, I can at least assure you that playing those two, in that order, will likely still be a great experience, even though you didn't enjoy Persona.

Okay, so I guess best way to go then is 3>4>1>2?

I thought 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 were supposed to be connected, 1 and 2 heavily?

I am so overthinking this haha  :P I just need to keep away from Persona things on the internet and jump in. I started a few years ago with Devil Survivor, bought Overclocked about a year ago, got about halfway through I think and heavily stalled. :rolleyes:

Aki, Ken, and Aigis for me. Who needs heals when you have buffs and revives? :P

I always liked to handle party-healing myself. The AI is just so bad. I could only rely on Ken or Aki to heal when someone was near death. Yukari is useless.

The difference might be in that I played P3P, so using Yukari was reliable. I always used the main character as nuker. Power/Mind Charge + strongest attack I had was the most satisfying way to play.