Persona

p4izanagi

Never played a Persona game before so I got myself Persona 3 FES off the Playstation Store the other day to start out with. Quite enjoyable so far.

If you're fine with difficulty it's O.K. but otherwise 4 is usually better to start with than 3, just for the sake of party control.

But all of this is worth because FeMC. 

Since I played 4 first, I straight-up refused to play Portable for my first play-through of 3.  I tried like 10 minutes of it but the sprite art and lack of motion just felt like a sin.

If you're fine with difficulty it's O.K. but otherwise 4 is usually better to start with than 3, just for the sake of party control.

Since I played 4 first, I straight-up refused to play Portable for my first play-through of 3.  I tried like 10 minutes of it but the sprite art and lack of motion just felt like a sin.

Like an innocent sin. lol 

Wow. That looks so much better than P3P. Now I really want to go back and play FES (I've only played P3P), both for the animated characters and The Answer...

Not really worth it in my opinion. P3P still fully renders battle and dungeons. The animations outside of that are super-basic. 

Also, the answer provides a very very short story spread out by long hard-mode dungeons and ridiculous bosses with really high dodge-rates. Overall, it's just not as fun as the Journey. That is, assuming that you don't love dungeon crawlers like PQ. 

Not really worth it in my opinion. P3P still fully renders battle and dungeons. The animations outside of that are super-basic. 

Also, the answer provides a very very short story spread out by long hard-mode dungeons and ridiculous bosses with really high dodge-rates. Overall, it's just not as fun as the Journey. That is, assuming that you don't love dungeon crawlers like PQ. 

Cool. I play Persona games for the story and characters, not for dungeon crawling, so it sounds like I'm better off on the path I took of just reading a summary of The Answer's plot. So that's actually reassuring. My portable game backlog was too long already without adding P3 FES to it...

I always wondered what the female side of that was like.  

I think I was in the middle of that scene when I lost interest in the game (during my second playthrough, obviously; first playthrough was with canonical male MC). In retrospect, I have no idea how I even put the game down during that scene, since I clearly remember female MC's sprite during the beach scene was absolutely jaw-dropping. Probably a difference between vanilla P3/FES and P3P here: the main character's sprite is always displayed and takes up a fair bit of the right side of the screen, when you're wandering around in P3P.