Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

I don't usually rant - or post at all, for that matter - but tbh it really irks me when people expect me to translate for free just because they see me on a fan community like Fuwa, or because because I have fanTL projects (it's physically impossible to be paying myself for my own translations, but trust me, I would if I could). The above reasons don't mean that I have an obligation to translate for free, so don't frown when I ask to be paid for my work. I don't know if it's the same guy, but lately there's been more people randomly adding me and pestering me to translate stuff for them.

tldr; I need to make a living too, so please don't ask me to translate something for you unless you wish to hire.

tldr; I need to make a living too, so please don't ask me to translate something for you unless you wish to hire.

Could you translate X for me? I got cookies. That's good enough as salary? No but seriously. People don't think before they demand usually. Just shrug it off and move on. The problem is if they become aggressive. On a more serious topic. What does a translator get in salary? Do you get paid in translated lines or is it some kind of hourly wager? I am curious and I understand if you don't want to answer it.

So where was you on your trip rainismyfav?

Confession: I always regret Mondays. This is a terrible Monday. 4 system crashes and a failed system upgrade. Oh well at least I got a huge workload.

I don't usually rant - or post at all, for that matter - but tbh it really irks me when people expect me to translate for free just because they see me on a fan community like Fuwa, or because because I have fanTL projects (it's physically impossible to be paying myself for my own translations, but trust me, I would if I could). The above reasons don't mean that I have an obligation to translate for free, so don't frown when I ask to be paid for my work. I don't know if it's the same guy, but lately there's been more people randomly adding me and pestering me to translate stuff for them.

Do you get paid enough to translate that you can live from it? That's pretty awesome!

Confession: I am slowly starting to get infuriated atm. Trying to transfer Little Busters! to my tablet so I can play it on the go. Transfer time: 5 HOURS WTF

Confession 2: I got it working but the text is all fucked up, ugh

Confession: I tried opening up a .py file with Powershell just now. I guess this is learning the hard way that you shouldn't try stuff until you really know what you're doing. Fml, I had cmd windows constantly opening and closing and had to log out of Windows to make it stop.  :kosame:  So yeah... I think I'll just stick to the guide I'm reading for Python. You can probably tell just from reading this that I haven't been studying code for that long. It's pretty fun though. :>

Confession: I tried opening up a .py file with Powershell just now. I guess this is learning the hard way that you shouldn't try stuff until you really know what you're doing. Fml, I had cmd windows constantly opening and closing and had to log out of Windows to make it stop.  :kosame:  So yeah... I think I'll just stick to the guide I'm reading for Python. You can probably tell just from reading this that I haven't been studying code for that long. It's pretty fun though. :>

Confession: code is awesome

Confession: I have kinda dug myself into an awkward position.

For the last month and a half I never told my mother that I had been seeing my now gf, and as luck would have it, my mom kinda hates her because she misunderstands some things. So I need to somehow tell her that we are together... without giving her a stroke. I think I will just lie and tell her that I am hanging out with her and stuff, and when she gets pissed at that I'll just argue from there. From then on, I can probably just wiggle in the details.

Confession 2: Dealing with my mom when I get into a relationship is pure pain because she is concerned she is going to become a grandparent early... and she hates every person I date (my current gf even more so because she is convinced that she is Satan). :P

Ffs mom. xD

:wahaha:

Ritty tho  :wub:

Confession: I have kinda dug myself into an awkward position.

For the last month and a half I never told my mother that I had been seeing my now gf, and as luck would have it, my mom kinda hates her because she misunderstands some things. So I need to somehow tell her that we are together... without giving her a stroke. I think I will just lie and tell her that I am hanging out with her and stuff, and when she gets pissed at that I'll just argue from there. From then on, I can probably just wiggle in the details.

Confession 2: Dealing with my mom when I get into a relationship is pure pain because she is concerned she is going to become a grandparent early... and she hates every person I date (my current gf even more so because she is convinced that she is Satan). :P

Ffs mom. xD

If the girl is willing to date you then she probably IS satan yea

Confession:  jk

Confession: I dread the day my parents start talking to me about grandchildren  :vinty:

My parents already know I don't want any so i'm in the clear :sachi:

Lolwut

Me saying where the trip took place already touches personal information. I personally don't care as far as disclosing info of where I live (New Jersey baby whoooooooooohoooooooooo) but in this case it's home territory of the other party member (using MMO lingo here) so It'll be crude of me to divulge that without consent.

pls understand, senpai~  :illya: