Opinions on Guys in VNs Aimed at Guys

Lambda

People actually like Yuuji? Huh.

People like Yuuji because he's the stereotypical "badass". He's like reddit cool guy incarnate. He'd wear a fedora if he was tuned into american internet culture and post a lot about ladder theory. 

Yuuji's feet-muscles are strong enough to support his entire body leaning backwards for hours. Your arguments are invalid.

yuujimotherfuckingoakmfsnq.jpg

It's good to see everyone join in the discussion~

It's cool to see the Yuuji love. I was quite fond of him, as well. Though some things he said were pretty sexist... Although his sexism just made the Pink Shark Fanny pack scene funnier.

Kyousuke and Kyouhei, too. They're really well-developed~ And Kyouhei has 

dat Jun Fukuyama voice

too. The character development Kyousuke goes through... :')

There are just too many awesome guys in VNs for me.

An example would be Kyouhei from G-Senjou no Maou.

Yeah. He was pretty awesome. Even if he was the protagonist. I really liked how he planned everything, and ultimately succeeded in his revenge in the end. 

Another one would be, indeed, Kirei from F/SN.
GODDAMNED ORGASM EVERY TIME HE GOES "Emiya Shirou."
Dundundun!

There are just a lot, and it's tiring to write everyone.
We should all know that though.

Shuugen is definitely up there.

Yorokobe, shounen! I know what you mean. I'd list my favourites (I really should; I made the questions) but there're too many...! Narrowing things down....

People actually like Yuuji? Huh.

Anyway, I didn't see anyone nominate Suginami from DC (DCII in particular), he's great. Murakami from KIRAKIRA is another great character.

Ahh I'm liking Suginami so far. He's my system voice. He's so overdramatic it's great~

Archer from F/sn.  I'm gar for Archer.  Seriously, who in their right minds likes Shirou more than Archer?

As for protags, Yuuji from Grisaia and Kyousuke from G-senjou are my favorites.  Deeply flawed, yet flawed in a way that I can sympathize with them, and both are very interesting characters in general.

True. It's hard not to be gar for Archer at one point or another in FSN.

The way he survives all that fighting and protecting Shirou and still makes it to the end of UBW... And he puts a in dent Berserker...

But Lancer is on his level for me. He's so great~

Sorry, that title is a bit ambiguous to me xD. Do you mean:

1) you want a male's opinion on male VN characters? 
2) you want a male's opinion on VNs aimed at males?
3) you want a male's opinion on male characters on VNs aimed at males?
4) you want someone's opinion on (repeat 1-3)?

Nah, I don't care about whether you're male or female (or else I wouldn't join the discussion). I just wanted to talk about males not in Otoge or Bl-ge, basically (Where the point is the heroes are awesome). Making titles is haaaaaard.

Yeah, Lancer is a close second, after Archer, of course.  Took me a while to look past him originally being an antagonist, but he grew on me, what with his smart mouth and ballsy attitude.

I couldn't view him as an antagonist. I just thought he had his reasons.

I can't really decide on who to love more.

Lancer or Archer?

...I think I got the answer.

Gilgamesh, you fools.

The novel presents them in such a way that you'll come to love them in the end. It's pretty much frustrating if you need to rank them.

For sure Minato Kageaki from Muramasa. He is open-minded when assessing others, very humble in his speech, incredible demanding of himself morally and against the law. He's got a vast pool of trivia and domain knowledge for a man in his late 20's, meaning he can (attempt to) small talk with any almost anyone. And he likes big butts. And doesn't deny it.

I'll have to second this. When it comes to deep and well built characters, Kageaki definitely comes on top. Muramasa wouldn't have been nowhere as amazing if he wasn't the protagonist.

Speaking of interesting male protagonists, Tomo from RuiTomo is also pretty great. W-wait... does she even count?  :unsure:

I'll have to second this. When it comes to deep and well built characters, Kageaki definitely comes on top. Muramasa wouldn't have been nowhere as amazing if he wasn't the protagonist.

Speaking of interesting male protagonists, Tomo from RuiTomo is also pretty great. W-wait... does she even count?  :unsure:

Ofc Tomo counts. He is best girl and great protag.

Good to see the Lancer love, too! His interactions with 

Rin when they team up

are some of my favourite in the novel~ I could not stop laughing, especially choosing to 

accept his offer to team up on the condition of him not stealing Rin away~

Lancer is actually top 1 for me, I got quite disappointed with Archer by the end of UBW. Really wish he had a route more focused on him. ;----;

An-chan (Tatsuya) from Konosora is really amazing as well, he deserved more attention.

Yeah, yeah! Well, Hollow Ataraxia's supposed to be slightly more Lancer-focused, right? Not that that's hard....

I couldn't view him as an antagonist. I just thought he had his reasons.

I can't really decide on who to love more.

Lancer or Archer?

...I think I got the answer.

Gilgamesh, you fools.

The novel presents them in such a way that you'll come to love them in the end. It's pretty much frustrating if you need to rank them.

I thought it was Kotomine. :/ Changing your tune already, I see.

Hmm. That is a tough question.

Out of the games I've played, I've gotta hand protagonist over to Shiki Tohno. He's a more well-rounded character. He can be sarcastic and also an all around nice guy.

For supporting characters, it would be Kouji in Saya no Uta. That guy was just amazing. I love how he never took no for an answer and was basically the action hero! Being voiced by Yasunori Matusmoto of Gourry fame didn't hurt in that department either. I think he shone above everyone.

-Rai

Shuugen during the Tonya route is also really great.

Ayakashibito should have had a Shuugen route.

I agree on this. I was even thinking that the route somewhat revolved around Shuugen at some point. He's just too awesome. If there were more CGs, I could've seen more of his awesomeness. Though the words used to describe him were already enough for the people to love him.

I especially love the fact that he likes fishing, although he's not good at it.

Out of the games I've played, I've gotta hand protagonist over to Shiki Tohno. He's a more well-rounded character. He can be sarcastic and also an all around nice guy.

...What? Shiki wasn't really that great of a protagonist for me. I forgot the reason why, but there's something about his actions that didn't make me like him. Although I agree he's nice.

Shirou > Shiki

Kirei>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>others

I agree on this. I was even thinking that the route somewhat revolved around Shuugen at some point. He's just too awesome. If there were more CGs, I could've seen more of his awesomeness. Though the words used to describe him were already enough for the people to love him.

I especially love the fact that he likes fishing, although he's not good at it.

...What? Shiki wasn't really that great of a protagonist for me. I forgot the reason why, but there's something about his actions that didn't make me like him. Although I agree he's nice.

Shirou > Shiki

Kirei>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>others

I don't necessarily go for "badass" characters. Nothing about Kuki really strikes me as particularly compelling. He's strong, but that's about it. Well, I never read the Suzu route. Maybe I should go back and do so to finish the VN out.

I thought he was a nice guy.

...Although it might change due to the fact that there's something different about him in Kaoru's route.

I liked the flashbacks about him, and his overall silliness too.

He's also strong, which is somewhat a plus.

I just hope that they elaborated more on his character. Which I think will happen in Suzu's route.

I better finish Kaoru's.