VNs you would like to be animated~

Snowtsuku

I'd really like Sharin no Kuni to be animated. It has linear plot, all-ages harem ending (so Eleven censors won't piss themselves) and nice story.

It has no fanservice though, and MC is very competent (hard to self-insert when you're Japanese worthless shut-in), so there's little to no chance of it being animated.

I would like to see a Kono Oozora ni anime with either Amane or Kotori's route, preferably Amane's. Rewrite would also be an interesting anime to see but maybe a little difficult seeing as most of the routes tie into each other to a certain degree. If they did, I would like either Lucia's route or the Moon and Terra routes.

I would like to see a Kono Oozora ni anime with either Amane or Kotori's route, preferably Amane's. Rewrite would also be an interesting anime to see but maybe a little difficult seeing as most of the routes tie into each other to a certain degree. If they did, I would like either Lucia's route or the Moon and Terra routes.

That sounds pretty good, I could see a Kono Sora anime for sure. I also agree that Rewrite would be quite hard to pull off as well.

I'm still very adamant that Rewrite should really never be an anime. Too much text goes into it's philosophy about life and Moon especially would be ridiculous to adaptate properly. And some of the side routes have grave errors with them because of side writers that affect the overall plot too much to include them.

Basically, if it is to happen it needs to go to a real, respectable studio and Romeo should be in on it. Neither which I think will happen.

If they could animate more of Sono Hana, that'd be beautiful! *_*

I wanna see a hentai animes for MinDeaD Blood and Gore Screaming Show. Guro is a bit niche, but I think it has potential!

Saya no Uta is one of my favorites. I want to see it as an OVA, but as a psychological thriller I'm not sure if they could pull it off well without the internal monologue. I saw this happen with Higurashi. I liked the Higurashi anime, but it could have been much better than it was considering the source material. If they can pull off, it'd be outstanding!

Noooo. I haven't played Konosora. And if RW will get an anime I hope noone will bug me to watch it -.-

Oh I'll bug the hell out of everyone to watch it if it does become an anime.

I'm still very adamant that Rewrite should really never be an anime. Too much text goes into it's philosophy about life and Moon especially would be ridiculous to adaptate properly. And some of the side routes have grave errors with them because of side writers that affect the overall plot too much to include them.

Basically, if it is to happen it needs to go to a real, respectable studio and Romeo should be in on it. Neither which I think will happen.

I can easily see the issues if it wasn't done properly. I'm just hoping that it happens and it'll be done adequately.

Tbh, most VNs wouldn't make good anime... the best you get would get out of most of them is a Shuffle or DC clone, or maybe something like Toradora. I can name a number of VNs that have the possibility of escaping that fate, but I can guarantee you that they would be ruined anyway. If there is one thing that can be learned from what Studio Deen did to Tsukihime and FSN when it turned them into anime it is that sometimes it really isn't worth it. Tsukihime's anime dumbed down the Chaos fight (which was by far the best one in the VN) and made it a sideline rather than a defining moment (not to mention inserting random scenes from the other paths and making the plot needlessly confusing). FSN's anime combined random elements from the three paths and tacked on the Fate ending. Phantom's anime departed so far from the original concept that it transformed into a Noir clone with pseudo-mysticism randomly inserted mid-series and lost the gritty realism of the game in exchange for a more surreal progression of events (not to mention changing the Ein ending to deliver a pathetically random moral lesson).

Phantom's anime departed so far from the original concept that it transformed into a Noir clone with pseudo-mysticism randomly inserted mid-series and lost the gritty realism of the game in exchange for a more surreal progression of events (not to mention changing the Ein ending to deliver a pathetically random moral lesson).

The part about the change in the ending that you mention, are you talking about

Zwei being shot in the back and Ein committing suicide with the petal of a poisonous flower?

I read up on the Ein ending of the visual novel on wikipedia and it didn't mention anything about what I marked as spoilers. Is the wikipedia entry just incomplete or did the Visual Novel not have that? Was that just randomly added when they made the anime?

I don't know about Rewrite being that hard to animate. Sure it would need some seasons to be done properly instead of just your typical 24 episode anime, and a few monologues/internal dialogues as well, but I don't think it'd be hard. It may not be very profitable, which is why I think it won't happen.

I don't know about Rewrite being that hard to animate. Sure it would need some seasons to be done properly instead of just your typical 24 episode anime, and a few monologues/internal dialogues as well, but I don't think it'd be hard. It may not be very profitable, which is why I think it won't happen.

Among other things such as lack of profit, lack of sales in comparison, hard to adapt, and a whole lot of other things, it probably won't happen soon. However, it probably is one of the harder VN adaptations, it has a lot more going for it than most other Key VNs. Heck, even VNs in general.

I would like an animated version of Tsukihime, its mind boggling how such a kickass VN doesn't have a animation yet D:

ANY RUMORS OR HEARSAY YOU...HEAR OF A APPARENTLY EXISTING TSUKIHIME ANIMATION ARE FALSE AND A CONSPIRAAAAAAAACYYYYYYY, LIES D:

Can't really think of any other VN's at this moment, will return to the topic if I do~

I agree with you, I would like a actually Tsukihime anime, though I am not able to settle any one of the routes since I loved all of them to much to pick one. ON another note rewrite would make an interesting anime as long the kept to the storyline.

Moon is just not easy to adaptate unless you want to get really wacky ala Bakemonogatari etc. There's really not a lot of wasted text in Moon, almost all of it needs to come over in an adaptation.

Chihaya/Shizuru's route would also need to be scrapped entirely as well. They contradict way too much of the main story, mostly because Tonokawa blows. And a 'joined' girls route doesn't work that well either.

I can think of a few ways it could work, but it needs to be given to a really good studio and handled with respect in regards to its messages and themes. But it's just too much work for something that probably wouldn't get appreciated fully anyways, ergo, I think it needs to stay a VN forever.

• 3 months later...