HI I'M DAISY!

Arvis

Not really.  I'm Arvis.  I just wanted a unique topic title.

Dang I'm bad at this.

Anyways, hi, I'm Arvis and I started reading Visual Novels at the end of last year.  I had fallen in love with anime Clannad and wanted to try the VN.  Fuwanovel made that possible.

From there, I thought "why not go ahead and try another VN that's not related to any anime?"  So I played Ever17.  It was amazing and made me want to try even more VNs.

Now I am just about wrapping up my third ever VN, Symphonic Rain, and I think I'm pretty hooked on this particular storytelling medium.  If anyone wants to talk about Symphonic Rain, please point me in the appropriate direction because I am bursting at the seams with thoughts/feelings on this VN.

If anyone wants to make recommendations for me, then here is kind of what I'm thinking I'll do next:

a - Buy official Steins;Gate release and play that.  The anime is my all-time favorite.

b - Get Little Busters from Fuwanovel.

c - Hold out for Root Double despite knowing nothing about it.

Which option is best and why?

Nice to meet all of you.

-Arvis

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

I'd say get Little Busters. The Steins;Gate anime is a really good adaptation, so you're honestly not missing that much if you don't read it (it's still worth reading, though!), while the Little Busters anime was kind of subpar, so you should definitely read the original.

Have a moe:

ob63.png

Welcome! Actually I partly responded to you on the Symphonic Rain thread. I agree with you, Torta is a fantastic character. If you liked Symphonic Rain I would actually recommend Kanon over Little Busters. Kanon does a very similar thing of making characters look kind of simple at first but then presents them as being far more complex later on. Also, Kanon's common route isn't nearly as long and boring as Little Buster's imo. Quartett! is another visual novel that revolves around music. It's quite short so it couldn't hurt to try it. 

Osu!Osu! welcome n have fun

enjoy a pun and a pic

Oh man you guys I was so excited about puns I entered 10 of my best into a pun contest thinking at least one would win for sure but NO PUN IN TEN DID

2bb71feb4f.jpg

Do you like traps? Because if you do, you are one step closer to paradise on this earth.

Thank you for the warm and... eclectic welcome, everyone. :wub:

And also, you'll Buy Steins;Gate, because it's steins;gate's choice.

Hard to argue with this.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions.  Kanon is defintely near the top of my list.  Also been wanting to try If My Heart Had Wings for a long time now, as well.  The official release removes the 18+ scenes, so I want to support it.

And yes, I'm All Ages all the way, in case you couldn't tell.  Why spend all this time getting to know these interesting characters only to objectify them at the end?  But I'm sure I'm in the minority on that opinion.

Thanks to Zalor for the Symphonic Rain discussion. :)

I'm heading to that other thread now.

-Arvis