Comyu Discussion

Kaguya

It's dark fantasy/chuuni.  You know, my first love.

I was half-joking, because it's quite obviously chuuni stuff filled with the usual cynism and kinda-philosophical things, yet all everyone talks about on the first page is their waifu >_>

I'd have tried to read this along with everyone else but once again I find myself with no time to do so. I guess it'll just wait a year in my backlog like with Grisaia...

Does that mean that Amaterasu is going to start translating Harvest Festa? It looks interesting. Just downloaded it so I'll start it after I finish the others I have planned to read.

EDIT: Never mind... it seems like they are.

what irritates me is that the author likes to pull lame comedic sequences over and over again in especially serious moments, ruining the atmosphere and dragging down my suspension of disbelief. this is the same flaw that the recent anime Akama ga Kill suffers from.

Read this last week since the final route was on like 98% and figured the patch would be soon - then was forced to wait in agony for the final route to be released.

Read the final route this morning in 1 sitting with no breaks, was not disappointed!

Comyu easily took the #2 spot for my favorite VN's of all time.

If I had to make one complaint it would be the lack of female characters with busts and curves, I'm not a fan of girls having "aerodynamic features" to quote the protagonist. I suppose I should've been satisfied with Kagome, Haru and to a lesser extent Ayaya, but there were just SO many flatchests (6!)

But ignoring personal prefences it was a blast, as it's been quite a long time since a VN kept me in so much suspense to see what happens next.

... Day of the maid...

10/10 Akatsuki-Works can have my children already.

Lol. If you're still at that point, there's much to come, kouhai of mine. But it was a nice CG indeed.

Mayuki still best source of comedy in the game. I'm all up for the Mayuki's Grand Adventure spinoff series. Would buy the figures.

013To2x.png

Great visual novel so far. I like Akihito, except his "I'm only nice to girls" motto isn't really to my liking. 

Izawa and Yuubana look like the most interesting characters to me for now. 

The only negative thing is that they gave Akihito this "innocent" side, which kinda ruins his image. 

Akihito is an idiot. A true one. Then again,

him fighting Gasai, which ultimately lead to his death, could have been a plot so that he go to have that H-scene with Yoruko (not really). Benio already cofessed to him, he got cute little yoruko-chan and Mayuki even said he could call her "Akihito's personal love doll N°1". Rondo is also indebted to him and Ayaya isn't even a question. Despite what she did, he got along with the death goddess pretty well too. Haru already had sex with him in the common route, plus he got Kagome. His attempt at saving Hisoka should also have been because he wanted to have some H-scenes with her. In the end he couldn't, since she died.

One could say Kagome's route was his attempt at a harem!

#flawlesslogic

Akihito is an idiot. A true one. Then again,

him fighting Gasai, which ultimately lead to his death, could have been a plot so that he go to have that H-scene with Yoruko (not really). Benio already cofessed to him, he got cute little yoruko-chan and Mayuki even said he could call her "Akihito's personal love doll N°1". Rondo is also indebted to him and Ayaya isn't even a question. Despite what she did, he got along with the death goddess pretty well too. Haru already had sex with him in the common route, plus he got Kagome. His attempt at saving Hisoka should also have been because he wanted to have some H-scenes with her. In the end he couldn't, since she died.

One could say Kagome's route was his attempt at a harem!

#flawlesslogic

Definitely his harem attempt, I mean seriously 

2011-04-03-390020.jpeg

Look at them Maids!

Anyway, let me go through the reasons I like this game

1. Hinaori Kagome- Intelligent, ruthless, loving, contemptuous, capable, martial artist, and pragmatist all in one package. Not to mention that she is aesthetically pleasing and has no interest in obeying the laws of common sense when they get in the way.

2. This game is very, very good about how it portrays the actions of regular people when they are given great power. The whole theme of the avatars is that the five members of a team are gathered completely at random, with no care for 'choosing' the cream of the crop. The results when normal people get great power are predictable, but few portray it in its horrid glory the way this does.

3. One of the major themes of this game is the simple fact that life isn't fair. Akihito, Kagome, Mayuki, Hisoka, and Benio have all suffered their share of setbacks, setbacks they didn't 'deserve'. Akihito's reference to the 'yasashii oukoku' is a simple word play on this fact. The world is too gentle to pick out those who are evil or those who are good. To the world all people are the same. The fact that humans see this as unfair is irrelevant to the world. Welcome to Akatsuki Works, where every game has a somewhat cynical philosophical theme.

Holy shit a translated VN Clephas actually has enthusiasm about?! I was on the fence before but I guess I got to download this now.