new to fuwanovel not to vn

havoc

hello there.

Been lurking around the site for a while and finally decided to make a account. Altough i still can't find everyting on the site.

I am a dutch chemistry student.

And have been reading vn for a while now, the first vn i read was koihime musou, the second and third where fate/stay night and tsukihime.

other than that i have alse read grisaia and katawa no shoujo and about a dozen others. while still having a few unread novels on my pc. 

I personally have a preference for story and charater driven vn's but wenether i like a vn or anystory for that matter depens lagerly on the pacing of the story.

On a different note.

I recently decided it was a good idea to cleanout my pc and do some restructering of the folders. (still have nightmares ........shudder)

And i accidently misplaced my save for eien no aselia and katawa no shoujo. And i cant seem to find a save for eien no aselia anywhere.

So i would like to ask if somebody has a complete save for on or both of these games and if it is possible to send them to me or upload them somewhere.

Other than that while i was cleaning out my pc i ended up with a couple questions......typical.

I hope people dont mind me asking them in my introduction post. Anyway here goes.

Does anyone know what happend to the translation of fortune arterial, is it dead is it alive?

The translation site has not been updated in half a year and i would really like to see the two main routes (erika and true i believe) translated.

The translation of Mahoyo, I remeber it first being translated by the guy (cokesakto) who translated the kara no kyoukai novel and by amaterasu translation.

Now i know it was dropped by amaterasu but what happend to the translator afterwards? I believe he wanted to finish it

Also does anyone know if the translation of Majikoi S is dead or alive?

I also have a question about takahashi recovery academy, i really struggle to find anything about it. Is it not a english vn in development like Katawa no shoujo once was, or is this no listed as a vn?

Or did it just slip under the radar in the wake of Katawa no Shoujo? Well i must admit i also just stumbeld across it by accident.

It also seems they could really use some advertising because the forums there are dead silent.

http://love-despite.com/

http://blog.love-despite.com/

So has anyone here heard of it or has it been pretty much unkown or was there something else with?

I have two more small questions.

Why does it seem like quite a few translators start with the side routes for vn. I reallize they do this so they can translate thier favorite route last and so they do not lose interest halfway. But it sometimes still leads to half translated vn's who now have only the side routes translated instead of the main routes. Examples are fortune Arterial and more recent Dracu Riot.

And wich vn do you think i should play through first,

Sakura spirit

Yumina the eternal

Shinigami no Kiss

KiraKira curtaincall

Cross channel or Cho dengeki stryker

well this turned out to be a lengty introduction.

Hope i have not been boring you all to bad. And that i have not broken any forum rules.

Maybe it was better to post the questions in the general discussion threat?

I hop to be around for a while

The translation for Majikoi S is probably dead from last time i check (Yesterday). Other question can be answer by other people. I can translate Majikoi S if there is an translation project going on, but i'm not bothered finding it. Anyways Welcome to Fuwanovel.

P.S Although i'm the same as you and just register yesterday, lol.

Osu!Osu! welcome n have fun

enjoy a pun

If a seagull flies over the sea, what flies over the bay? A bagel.

IMHO...i`ll pick Sakura spirit first(because its very short)>Cross channel>Shinigami>KirakiraCC(if you havent finished the original i think you should read it first)>Cho dengeki>Yumina(i pick this last because the gameplay and if you want 100% completion it will take a while)
anyway Happy readin~~~

0ec1e55283.gif

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

The problem is that translations are usually huge undertakings, and many people burn out far too early. So if translators got the best part out of the way first, it'd probably be even more difficult to keep going than it is when you know the best part is still ahead.

I've only read ShiniKiss and Cross Channel from that list, and the latter is much better. You should also read Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou if you haven't already.

Have a moe:

o62w.jpg

Hi havoc and welcome to Fuwanovel :)

I know everybody says this but you should really read Steins:Gate and Clannad.

If you enjoy vn's with gameplay elements (especially strategy) then you should

check out the Eushully games.

Of which only Kamidori Alchemy Meister is translated (story isn't great but I still enjoyed the game for two hundred hours lol)

Welcome to the Fuwa!

I have a save for eien no aselia 100% true I finished all routes on normal difficulty, If you want it I can send it to you on your mail (Send me your mail in PM). 

As for what to play/read first I had read only first 3 titles, I would recommended that you go by length (Shortest>Longest) and that is Sakura spirit (5h-6h), Shinigami no Kiss (Around 30h), Yumina the eternal (100h+).

Oh and a you might want to known that Yumina the eternal starts somewhat weaker but becomes better as it goes and becomes really good halfway true.

Enjoy your stay.

We all love chemistry here. Well at least I do.

Speak for yourself, chemistry was my worst subject. (it still brings bad memories just thinking about it). 

Anyway, welcome to the community! I promise I won't hold your enthusiasm for chemistry against you, in fact most of my close irl friends love chemistry (It's because of them I passed :)).