[Completed] User Submitted Fuwanovel Banners

solidbatman

Yeah I think a lot of interesting designs can come up from this, no arguing there, I was just thinking the logo could be important to keep because of setting an image and whatnot. But we might as well see how the first round goes :)

I like the way of thinking on the characters though. I shall do my best to make it as moe as possible.

Well that's all I wanted to know. I'm fine with everything else you proposed.

RE: VN vs Other Characters -- Hmmm. My instinct is to say, "Your goal is to win. Use whatever looks fantastic and will get you votes."

The reason why I said the font is up to the designer is two-fold: we aren't going to lose the logo, and I can imagine people doing really cool things with it. Imagine a Clannad-style logo, or a FSN-logo with the Fuwanovel part done up in the style of the game logo? Would be cool, no? If we feel like we're losing our souls over it, though, we can always add the rule back in.

What do you think, Nosebleed? Everybody else?

I'd prefer VN only since we are VN website.

Also female only, but I guess everyone already understand that rule :P

This sound good so far. 

Of course, I'm assuming Mare will return at some point?

Don't worry bellow mare lover, I will make a script for monkey scripts that will get our mare back! :MareWish:

:Kappa:

Well girls who play VNs still prefer looking at cute girls :P Its a confirmed fact xD

Actually you and Tay are the ONLY 2 people on fuwa who use a guy in avatar, you should reconsider your life xD

(give me a PM an I will assist you picking a cute girl, not only loli, I could even assist with big boobers if that's what you like xD)

Mephisto doesn't exist. GG.

But in short, I feel this banner change could be exactly what Google does for their homepage everytime some big event comes up or some holiday hits.

Seems like I don't exist either.

And well, we've been doing that for the main site's banners, but it's a lot easier there obviously. Personally I would prefer a summer theme until the next big title releases a translation.

Seems like I don't exist either.

And well, we've been doing that for the main site's banners, but it's a lot easier there obviously. Personally I would prefer a summer theme until the next big title releases a translation.

Welp, I can't tell males apart from females anymore.

Shame, the Fuwanovel logo as it is is already a forum trademark and I feel that tinkering with it every so often would ruin the image. I thought the colors of the first four letters would be a memorable thing, like the Google logo. Nevertheless I'm quite fine with Tay's idea, hopefully the designs don't get too overboard.

germanbrazillogo_zps6843c6ab.png

Shame, the Fuwanovel logo as it is is already a forum trademark and I feel that tinkering with it every so often would ruin the image. I thought the colors of the first four letters would be a memorable thing, like the Google logo. Nevertheless I'm quite fine with Tay's idea, hopefully the designs don't get too overboard.

that's really offensive to Brazil in my opinion but hey that's just me

anyhow you did a very good job with it

Yeah, I worry about that, too. If we feel like we're losing our soul, we can change the rules. The colors are pretty iconic, and if need be we can even just require the letters F,U,W,A keep the iconic colors.

No harm in trying it out.

Alright. Last call -- does anybody have suggestions for competitions? If not, the first one is going to be "Make a summer-themed FuwaForums logo."

I'd like to keep the iconic colors personally.

Is this going to be a seasonal thing?

You could make a rule that the top 3 voted logos will rotate. One per month during the season.

Or else the banner only changes 4 times a year and doesn't really give many chances for everyone.

This is if we go with the season theme.

I'd like to keep the iconic colors personally.

Is this going to be a seasonal thing?

You could make a rule that the top 3 voted logos will rotate. One per month during the season.

Or else the banner only changes 4 times a year and doesn't really give many chances for everyone.

This is if we go with the season theme.

I'm not sure how often we should do it. I was thinking more often than seasonally... but it kind of depends on how enthusiastic people are about participating.

I can't think up many themes so seasonal is an easy way out. We could ask for theme suggestions too.

I'd personally like to see a new banner every month regardless of the theme changing or not.

If we can't come up with a new theme every month then we can use the second most voted banner for example.

For now we should just have the thread and the first contest and see how things go :)

Making a thread to suggest themes and then putting all the suggested themes in a list and letting users chose sound reasonable.

There could be a large list of themes created, and each time Fuwa is ready to set up a vote for the next theme, have everyone vote on those themes. Then when a theme wins, cross it out and make it unavailable (forever/certain amount of time/etc).

Or could just stick to collecting themes before each vote, then have each vote for the theme be unique, just to add varitety. It's not like more themes couldn't be added to the first idea though.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Your idea for choosing a few winners and rotating them is a good idea if we get lots of entries. Good one.

Let me point out that the way we choose the competitions is unimportant if we don't have a list of themes in the first place ;). So far I think I'm the only one putting out ideas.

Is the consensus that we do "Summer" for the first competition and try to build a list of themes for future iterations?