Which Part of a Chicken Do You Like to Eat Most?

meat-chicken-cuts-eng.jpg

No. Egg is not an answer. And try not to say "I love everything", different parts have different tenderness and amounts of skin/meat. You can usually ask for a particular cut of poultry when ordering in a fast food restaurant, if you've been ignorant about this then try not to waste the opportunity and ask for your deep and subconscious chicken fetish.

You can generalize it to head, neck, breast, wing, thigh, drumstick, and organ (intestines, feet, etc.).

And while we're at it, which one do you like most, the skin or the meat?

The Drumstick.

You see, the problem with chicken is the skin-to-meat ratio. Unless you were eating something like stew or roast, the skin is an important portion of fried chicken. The composition of the drumstick is perfect. With each bite, you get a sufficient amount of skin to meat per square centimetre. It contains 1.149 grams of saturated fat, 0.942 grams of polyunsaturated fat, and 1.602 grams of monounsaturated fat. It also contains 34 miligrams of cholesterol, 157 miligrams of potassium, and 10.18 grams of protein. It even has 3% iron. The chicken drumstick is definitely the greatest, most well-distributed, and efficient part of the gallus gallus domesticus.

The Drumstick.

You see, the problem with chicken is the skin-to-meat ratio. Unless you were eating something like stew or roast, the skin is an important portion of fried chicken. The composition of the drumstick is perfect. With each bite, you get a sufficient amount of skin to peat per square centimetre. It contains 1.149 grams of saturated fat, 0.942 grams of polyunsaturated fat, and 1.602 grams of monounsaturated fat. It also contains 34 miligrams of cholesterol, 157 miligrams of potassium, and 10.18 grams of protein. It even has 3% iron. The chicken drumstick is definitely the greatest, most well-distributed, and efficient part of the gallus gallus domesticus.

Aniki says it all. Always the drumstick. I don't think I need to elaborate off that wonderful explanation.

However chicken is just perfection in itself regardless of what piece. The gods fought over the holy beast but accidentally dropped it. They mourned for millennia. Why did they let such good food go to waste? It fell from the clouds and mankind took the first bite. Tears flowed from the eyes of man. They had tasted the food of the gods. How could you blame them? Forget all the stories you were once told. It was at this point that the species of homo sapiens started to move forward. Thomas Edison's lightbulb was fashioned from the shape of the drumstick. Wars were won by slipping poison into the ever so alluring chicken. The plane was inspired by the attempts the animal took to fly. Our entire civilisation... was based off the chicken.

The skinless breast is the meat of choice for the cooking in my house. You can easily take a recipe for other meats and apply it.

Breaded chicken fried in olive oil

Chinese BBQ chicken

vindaloo masala chicken...

and the list goes on

I have had more chicken breast than a person should ever eat.

(Breast Fillet skinoff is what I usually use to cook so I eat that the most out of all ad those however: I love eating these hot wings with ranch at a place called Willies Grill and Icehouse, they use Drummette and wingette for their wings.)

Guest sakanaとkoeda

If I had to pick, I'd say drumstick & skin; but really any part works for me as long as it's well-seasoned. Fresh love and betrayal win bonuses for taste.

It needs to be white meat.  And it needs to be fried, southern-U.S. style.  Then I'm happy.

Also, I'm glad that DimDito conscientiously took the time to tag this thread with "chicken" in case I need to reference chicken threads in the future.

I enjoy eating most of the chicken aside from the breasts really.

And my sole reason for not enjoying eating them is the tendency for the breast meat to be more dry than the rest of the chicken's meat and the thing I hate most in this entire world is dry cooked meat. And peas, I don't really like peas, but that's another discussion.

But If I were to pick a favorite out of all it'd be Maryland with Back Bone

Why?

Because it includes the Drumstick, AKA the most perfect part of the chicken with an amazing skin to meat ratio like Aniki posted and of course it's the least dry part.

And because it includes the thigh which has some fat, keeping it less dry, and although the skin ratio in it is not as good as the drumstick, the meat's tenderness is just as close. It's basically a lengthened version of the Drumstick's meat.

With this I get a bigger amount of meat for myself, because 2 drumsticks are not enough to fill me and there's only 1 chicken!

If by any chance i'm still hungry I'll eat the wings because they have little meat but because I'm not ultra hungry anymore they're just enough to cap my stomach.