Anime's you wish could be re-written?

crunchytaco

I would like to see school days adapted with a different route. It would be interesting to see how anime viewers react to the same MC who makes different less rage inducing decisions.

The same could be said for Sekai as well, if a future anime decides to portray her differently and cut her some slack. Honestly speaking, I just couldn't peg her down with the same amount of hatred as many people did, despite her obvious mistake in accidentally manipulating Kotonoha. I guess I just have a soft spot for emotionally-vulnerable people like her.

If School Days does get a rewrite in the future, I'd love to see the anime further deconstruct the harem genre of visual novels by exploring the idea of not being able to save every heroine from despair, as long as you're stuck on any one route. This is why I think what Key did recently with their visual novels (after Kanon anyway) feels the most appropriate for VNs with multiple routes and no 'true ends.' It would certainly bring closure to everybody and not leave uncomfortable implications the way F/SN did (though to be fair, Nasu might had very well been deconstructing the same theme of not being able to save everyone when he discarded Saber like that). Another example, though not as stellar, is the way Grisaia no Kajitsu collaborate all the heroines' good ends into the sequel.

Well, I believe that rather than rewriting an existing one it would be much better to produce a new, better one.

But that might just be because I haven't seen many that were wasting their potential..

I believe they ended Ookami to Koushinryou II (Spice and Wolf II) a bit sudden because in

comparison with the light novel series -which I'm currently reading- their kiss shouldn't happen

at that point of the story because it in fact doesn't happen in the first 10 books at all.

I'd rather have the second season end with a cliffhanger and then continue with a third season..

Well, I believe that rather than rewriting an existing one it would be much better to produce a new, better one.

But that might just be because I haven't seen many that were wasting their potential..

I believe they ended Ookami to Koushinryou II (Spice and Wolf II) a bit sudden because in

comparison with the light novel series -which I'm currently reading- their kiss shouldn't happen

at that point of the story because it in fact doesn't happen in the first 10 books at all.

I'd rather have the second season end with a cliffhanger and then continue with a third season..

Well there's Berserk.  I can kind of understand why no one seems to want to animate the whole manga though.  Miura Kentarou seems to be in a competition with George RR Martin to see who can take the longest to complete their series(and he's currently winning).

Guest sakanaとkoeda

Besides that, nothing in particular. Sword art online could have been actually good with very few twitches as well, but that's about it, I think.

Ya I loved the first half, but they probably should have stopped after episode 12?

-the episode where he woke up.

What I Would Like to See Changed:

1) I thought the rationale was lacking (for the show, never read the original source). I mean I don't think you can survive off of a single IV with enough brain functionality to play a full immersion VR game for long. Should have opted to just pull them in like .hack or Log Horizon.

2) Should have stayed in and explored SAO's world more without jumping to another game.

3) More character development wouldn't hurt either.

...this may be more than a few twitches...

Welp, that's one remake that shouldn't have happened.

I can't agree with that, though I would say that it's fairly pointless unless used to drum up interest in a new series that continues the story. The Golden Age arc isn't bad, but it's hardly the best part of the series, and I'd love to see the rest of it animated.

School Days. The VN was playable and pretty good on different routes. But the anime. The pace was so slow and Makoto was just horrible.

He was a douche but in the anime he was horrible. Damn I was angry watching it.

Otherwise I think Oriemo needs a remake too. I really liked it and was enjoying the anime. But the ending...

But the denseness and lack of logical thinking ruined it. The ending was bad too. Seriously you had so many options and do the worst.

Guest sakanaとkoeda

Otherwise I think Oriemo needs a remake too. I really liked it and was enjoying the anime. But the ending...

But the denseness and lack of logical thinking ruined it. The ending was bad too. Seriously you had so many options and do the worst.

I just regret watching the additional "True End" episodes. I thought they were going to be "what if" scenarios for different pairings. Probably should have just left him with his 初恋 or just keep it open-ended.

Ayase was my favorite though.

I just regret watching the additional "True End" episodes. I thought they were going to be "what if" scenarios for different pairings. Probably should have just left him with his 初恋 or just keep it open-ended.

Ayase was my favorite though.

yup the ending was so plain

after the the fake wedding you'd think they'll live happily ever after but no!! they're back to normal. great.

oreimo-s2_02-04.jpg

ayase FTW

1 *cough* Sword Art Online *cough*

Screw the light novels. In a different media, you might as well drag the first 11 episodes to 2 seasons of anime and for god's sake, drop the harem.

2 To Aru Majutsu no Shitty Writing.

Again, screw the manga. Plot? Check. Production value? Check. Dialogue and screenplay? "We are aiming for a dim-witted and shallow audience."

3 To Aru Kagaku no Shitty Writing.

Same as above.

Mine would be Haganai season two. I surprisingly enjoyed the first season quite a bit. Even bought a few manga and the PSP game to show my appreciation. Then season two came and it was just... man :(. Now I just want to give or sell off all the Haganai stuff I have. Count me out for season three.

I wouldn't say BlazBlue needed a rewrite. If you take the game's story into consideration, it'd be damn  near impossible to properly adapt into an anime. However, it definitely could have used better animation. I wouldn't mind the short length and the storyline cuts at all if they at least made the fights better (that's all I expected from the series anyways).

• 2 weeks later...