Sakura Spirit original VN by MangaGamer, Sekai Project and Winged Cloud

Okami

There is a small, possibly insane part of me that just wants to walk inside the studio and make sure whatever sequel they're planning won't make people want to jump off buildings.

I have no idea what went on in that studio - maybe all the good writers are busy translating Fault Milestone One, or maybe translating experience does not translate into writing experience whatsoever.  I genuinely can't tell.

Anyway, good luck to those trying to survive this stuff.  I'm trying to get something of my own written in the meantime...

I have no idea what went on in that studio - maybe all the good writers are busy translating Fault Milestone One, or maybe translating experience does not translate into writing experience whatsoever.  I genuinely can't tell.

Sekai isn't making the game, just distributing it. It's being made by "Winged Cloud"

Funnily, Winged Cloud is a rather fresh studio which so far released only two otome vn's, having third in the works. I'm not even sure how and when did they managed to find time to work on SS but it gave me this peculiar feeling, that SS could even have been outsourced by them and I wouldn't be surprised, if that's true.

this is the first review about this game in which I see that someone is right in something

He knows what he is talking about? He said that a game doesn't have a good art witch is a one thing that this game certainly does have, and he says 1 hours "If you don't read any text". He has no idea what hi is talking about I would be surprised if he ever did read any other VN.

Also am I the only one here who dislikes ecchi but had still liked this VN?

He knows what he is talking about? He said that a game doesn't have a good art witch is a one thing that this game certainly does have, and he says 1 hours "If you don't read any text". He has no idea what hi is talking about I would be surprised if he ever did read any other VN.

I did not play it, but if I ever will, art will be the reason. Even though I actually think no h-scenes make it a missed opportunity.

Going by the comments on Steam and here... yes :P

The writers who wrote this game alienated most of the fanbase by making it so very weaboo. The plot is light and isn't very involved, which alienates anyone who's searching for plot-based stories. And lastly, the writer doesn't write very well, the 'style' is not mature and is still incredibly juvenile, which puts off people who likes an elegant prose (aka me.) 

If you can get past ALL of that then you may find some enjoyment in this light, entertaining story. It's obvious most people can't though.

There used to be another review by a guy who had nearly 3000 hours... now that's dedication!

It's fake, 3 days don't have 300 hours in it. This VN was released on 07-09 and this "review" was made on 07-10, 3 X 24 = 72 true as we don't see time of the day of review it could be closer to 4 days but still 4 X 24 = 96 where did he found the rest 233 hours. and 3000 hours, there's not that many hours since date of release till now, 21 x 24 = 504, could be 22 x 24 = 528, still nowhere near 3000.

It's fake, 3 days don't have 300 hours in it. This VN was released on 07-09 and this "review" was made on 07-10, 3 X 24 = 72 true as we don't see time of the day of review it could be closer to 4 days but still 4 X 24 = 96 where did he found the rest 233 hours. and 3000 hours, there's not that many hours since date of release till now, 21 x 24 = 504, could be 22 x 24 = 528, still nowhere near 3000.

Which is probably the reason why it's no longer there - my guess is it was removed for somehow faking time played.

http://pixelpacas.com/sakura-spirit-may-have-opened-the-gates-for-eroge-on-steam/

I doubt Steam will ever become fully open towards games featuring explicit sexual content, not to even mention things like DLSite; on the oher hand we may never know what kind of future Valve plans for Steam, since it's currently undergoing massive changes. If they are trully planning to make it a fully open, self-publishing platform under Valve's guidance, we might see some of the "milder" eroge titles up in the near future.

I have to admit it's really amusing that a small title like SS, which includes typical ecchi content managed to garner so much atention and publicity, just because it got published through Steam, whilst other similiar games never managed to do that.

I sincerely doubt Valve will ever allow titles with sexually explicit content on their site.  The societal bias against sexual content is too strong.  If Valve ever changed their policy, it would start a media firestorm and possibly instigate organized boycotts of the platform.  The Pixelpacas commentator is jumping to conclusions about the situation with Grisaia.

As for Sakura Spirit, the content does not push boundaries at all.  There are already anime and games in mainstream distribution channels with similar levels of sexual content.  This just happens to be an anime-style fanservice game on Steam, which is an unusual place to find them.  Usually, you find such games on consoles and handhelds (e.g., the Ar tonelico and Agarest War series).  If you posted a game like this on the NISA boards, for example, I doubt fans there would blink.

In that pixelpacas write-up, I saw the following:  "Thanks to a quick grammar patch most of the unfortunate lines have been fixed"

I have no need of OELVNs.  But I'm no hypocrite and I'm no snob.  So, if the game has finally undergone some editing, then it's not out of the realm of possibility that I could like this game, which is more than I could say for the other OELVNs...