Does anyone else think the Summer is looking boring?

Clephas

I was looking at what was coming up for the summer season in anime...  and I had to sigh.  I mean, I'm used to the fact that anime is getting blander, but it is rare that I look at the potential releases for the next season and only find one or two series I might want to follow...  I was hoping that something on the same level as Mahouka might be floating there, but it doesn't look likely...

No it is not, at least not for me. I have so many anime I still have to catch up on  :unsure: on top of other things. If anything I am glad if this summer is looking bland. It will let me watch last years and a whole bunch of other anime with out feeling like I am missing a lot this year. 

I think it's looking quite good actually. Kantai Collection, Gun Gale Online, and Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance are what I'm really looking forward too. 3 hopefully good ones are enough for me.

Hmm, Gun Gale Online might be good... i read the LN and I just didn't like GGO that much. Hopefully the anime will change it up a little bit. Need more Kirito x Asuna and less action IMO.

Only thing that's getting my hype is Tokyo Ghoul, there seriously is a lack of gorey seinen anime nowadays and too much SoL. I might watch rail wars but meh.

Tokyo goul ? Why ?

Like the manga is soooooo bad.

The two first tomes was basicly the protag crying.

And the drawings aren't even good :(

There is the SAO S2 incoming though.

Much hype ! It'll be hard to actually deliver something up to peoples expectations. But still, I have hope.

And I saw Hanayamata ... How ? There is only 4 tomes ^^"

The funny thing is, EVERY season I see two or three threads like this over the few places I lurk.

The only thrill to get is, who will make that thread this season?

Anyway, things aren't looking so bad, especially for a Summer, Summer isn't the season where the big stuff starts. There's a new Watanabe anime, a good-looking shônen adaptation with Tokyo Ghoul, a blockbuster hype production with Urobuchi/Sawano/A-1 Pictures...

And for sequels/remakes, Sailor Moon Crystal, the second half of Space Dandy and SAO 2.

I even saw a shoujo adaptation that might not be bad.

And with the Grisaia no Kajitsu anime I might see what all the hype is about.

I download from TT.  Since I stick the series I like on external hard drives for rewatching later... this season, No Game, No Life and Mahouka are the only ones going in there.  Nothing last season, unfortunately. 

I'll probably try four of those series... but I can tell just looking I'll probably drop at least two.  I know I won't watch the new season of SAO, because I want that to be concluded (same reason why I don't want a true sequel for Code Geass). 

There is a lot of shounen ai coming up, Drammatical Murder and Love Stage as well as an anime with a trap protagonist and of course, who could forget Free season 2 (Why KyoAni, WHY)

There's a couple SoL that I'm interested but I'd guess most people aren't.

There's SAO 2 which is getting over hyped, let's see if it holds up.

And there's the generic 1 guy and his harem anime as usual.

And after that there's quite a lot of anime that don't have any particularly interesting characteristics as far as I'm concerned so I'd have to agree with you this summer isn't looking the best. 

But this is just like any season to be honest. 

I can't judge before I see it and I still have some anime that I really do want to check out.

Things I'm most anticipating are Tokyo Ghoul, Hanamonogatari and Hanayamata

I'm also checking out Kantai Collection, Zankyou no Terror, Au Haru Ride, Jinsei and Majimoji Rurumo.

And of course SAO 2.

There's also going to be an OVA of Mujaki no Rakuen. I'm actually really interested to see how they animate this manga.

Well as per usual season, there is only 1 interesting anime for me, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

But at least there is the Non Non Biyori OVA :)

I really want to say: wow this is going to be great, look at all the cute lolis.

But then I see a male protagonist and I can just see where it's heading.

I'll probably check it out because lolis but I don't have high hopes for any decent plot or story.

Does anyone else think the Summer is looking boring?

Um excuse me sir SEASON 2 OF FREE! SPACE DANDY!

Considering only one show has managed to keep my attention this season (One Week Friends), next season isn't looking so bad. I'll be checking out RAIL WARS!, Zankyou no Terror, and maybe Tokyo ESP. Probably Free! and Sailor Moon, too... And I'll definitely be watching Space☆Dandy 2 and GITS: Arise 3! woooooo! I still need to watch part 2 though.

edit: also seeing an Ano Natsu de Matteru OVA? I'll definitely be checking that out.

I really want to say: wow this is going to be great, look at all the cute lolis.

But then I see a male protagonist and I can just see where it's heading.

I'll probably check it out because lolis but I don't have high hopes for any decent plot or story.

Well its just gonna be classic harem where the protag is indecisive and you wish it was a VN with H scenes xD

But well those can be good at times :)

Some images from the manga (i suppose) look nice, if they make it a borderline hentai like kiss x sis it would be great xD

although in that case id have to wait for BD release

A4DN8EB.jpg

XhSh2Si.jpg

I like this kind of topic because everyone disagrees with my tastes. Like, Mahouka was meh, SAO meh+, Space Dandy is, to me, ridiculous. So, I always wonder how can people think that only one or two will be good, while their basis is really meh. I'm not saying this about any one of you guys, but just in general, because it's what always happen.

I can't even list the animes that I'll watch, because there are too many. I'm really looking forward Ao Haru Ride, Zankyou no Terror and Dramatical Murder.

I'm planning on watching quite a bit next season but I usually watch a lot per season, even if most of it turns out mediocre. I have a list posted elsewhere so I'll just post it here and bold what I'm looking forward to.

Ai Mai Mi Season 2

Ao Haru Ride (I love shoujo romances)

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Season 2 (Really liked S1)

Free! Season 2

Futsuu no Joshikousei ga %5BLocodol%5D Yatte Mita.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Glasslips (I mention below)

Hanayamata

Himegoto

Jinsei

Majimojo Rurumo

Re: Hamatora

Rokujouma no Shinryakusha

Sabagebu

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Sword Art Online II (I like (not love) the SAO series, but I've read the first half of GGO's arc and thought it was pretty excellent.)

Tokyo ESP

Yama no Susume S2 (Thought the first was a good SoL anime)

Zankyou no Terror

I often don't see people mention Glasslip, the the last original story that PA Works released, Nagi no Asukara, is one of my favorite anime ever, so I'm having hopes for Glasslip. And I'm curious as to how many of the people that diss Free have seen the entire (or a majority) of the anime.

Well its just gonna be classic harem where the protag is indecisive and you wish it was a VN with H scenes xD

But well those can be good at times :)

Some images from the manga (i suppose) look nice, if they make it a borderline hentai like kiss x sis it would be great xD

although in that case id have to wait for BD release

A4DN8EB.jpg

XhSh2Si.jpg

If it's really ecchi, to love-ru level, then i'll let it slide for the faps.

But if it's bad quality fanservice then it won't be approved.

For me true justice is an all girls plot though that's why i was turned off by the male protag. There's just so many things that can go wrong.

I'll check it out though just for those screenshots. Didn't think it was that ecchi.