youtube - Most random

• 2 weeks later...

So I came across this particular video featuring the pachinko version of Umineko no Naku Koro ni, and I thought it would be a good time to bring up my thoughts about the animation of these 'Naku Koro ni' spin-offs. Even though Higurashi no Naku Koro ni was successfully adapted into anime form, along with all its various spin-offs, there were still a few side stories that never saw the light of day, including the very important Yoigoshi-hen, featuring an adult Mion.

Spoilers ahead, naturally.

Spoiler

As you can see, it's a pretty decent animated version of the arc, and it was a shame that we never got to see an anime version of this pachinko game because, as it is, this is the closest to a Yoigoshi-arc anime we're gonna get.

And the thing is, I wouldn't bring this up if it's just about that small little arc that the studios might actually animate in the near future. As I mentioned, there's also the Umineko pachinko game. As you remember, Umineko's anime stopped dead at Chapter IV of the visual novel for good reasons, and it's a pity that terrible production nullified any chance of the other chapters from being animated.

As it happens, however, the pachinko version does animate the rest of the visual novel, albeit in small bite-size quantities.

Heavy spoilers this time, more so than the previous video. Don't watch the video if you haven't completed at least half of Chapter VI of the visual novel.

Spoiler

The thing I like about the animation, aside from the fact the rest of the Umineko story finally got animated at all, is how it over-exaggerated the expression in a very hammy way. Now, this can go both ways. In this case, I found it humorous, and it really suits that particular villain's hammy and over-the-top personality. However, in some of the other Umineko pachinko animations, the exaggeration is taken to a ridiculous level, to the point where their faces are... downright fugly. Take a look. Spoilers from Chapter III.

Spoiler

Now, something you might notice is the level of details the animation has over Studio DEEN's production. That being said, this is a trivial improvement compared to the distorted face of Beatrice. When the face was distorted in the last video, it was honestly not that bad. But in this video, along with several other examples I found on YouTube, it's just an eyesore to look at. Like, even Studio DEEN's Beatrice looks a lot better than that, and that's saying a lot.

That being said, what I'm trying to say is that, for someone to put in the effort to animate Umineko's other chapters, it's a shame they devoted said effort to pachinko of all places instead of making a full-fletched anime reboot. It's pretty clear, IMHO, that they're doing it for the money, and it's a shame that this is the closest we could get to a Umineko anime sequel.

But I do hope that the existence of such animation would at least guarantee just a small, tiny hope that an anime reboot might be possible in the distant future... hopefully. My prayers are with our lord and savior, ufotable.

On 9/1/2016 at 0:30 PM, Deep Blue said:

Funny thing about the living meme, Hugh Mungus himself, there was actually an interview conducted by H3H3 Productions where Hugh addressed the whole situation about the crazy feminist. Take a look: