Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Tensai ftw. <3

KfvX5wz.gif

Not too shabby on the action animation either.

srBMXg4.gif

Nanana's too damn fun! If there's anyone in this thread that isn't watching this anime, this is easily a must-watch for the season.

I really like how they started focusing more on the plot and characters this episode. There's a few good characters in this anime too (especially Tensai, I seriously want to marry that girl).

Tensai is so cute. I hope he ends up with her.

You and I both. I'll be sorely disappointed if this pairing isn't canon.

I don't really understand what's going on at this point, like who is the MC's dad? There were a bunch of other questions that I had after this last episode.

They haven't revealed that much about him. All that's been explained so far is that he's the head of some kind of business and... yeah. Juugo's father mentioned something about him not being fit to run the business because he lacked the ability to love others. There's also that bit about becoming a noble as well (seems like the family has an aristocratic standing in society). It's all very vague, but very intriguing.

Watched ep 4 of ryuugajou ...

Damn it ! Shows these days know how to bait. They all do great 1-3 episodes and then it becomes worthless.

Or maybe there's something wrong with me ?

Hopefully Tensai can save the anime, and that revelation was surprising enough. But the first half of the episode made me cry blood.

It was 1/2 huge crap 1/2 good.

I'm trying so hard to enjoy Akuma no Riddle but it's not giving me anything *sigh* I'm really reallyyy trying, just give me something, anything to make me want to like it.

Well all I can hope now is for it to be average until the end, better than below average I guess.

The drama feels like it was written by  5 year old, it doesn't even move me and the fighting bits seem pointless and are boring at best. Really not impressed.

I just honestly hope there's some good yuri to make up for the rest of the mess. If not I will most likely rate it 5/10 in the end at best.

Glad to see Shido isn' just a wimpy protagonist and actually does have something going for him

Date A Live 2 is just more of the same, it's not a masterpiece but it's mildly amusing so I'm enjoying it. The new characters seem pretty cool too so I'm not disappointed and I'm glad new plot elements are being added. Wonder how it's going to end with just 10 episodes (as if it'd even end).

Mekakucity Actors has potential to be as good as Bakemonogatari in my opinion. I'm enjoying watching every single episode.

Glad they ended up using the original songs in the soundtrack, they give a much better feel to the whole thing.

Poor Hibiya getting rejected by Hiyori numerous times yet still doing everything for her, the kid has determination I'll give him that. Wonder how Konoha will develop in this series. I was also very happy to see Ayano at the beginning.

Wonder what arc is coming up next, they're really tying everything together in the end which is great so you won't feel completely lost, I'm enjoying this thoroughly.

And this last Mahouka episode with little Miyuki was pretty good. Again I keep being impressed by the protagonist and his rants. What a down to earth guy. Things seem to be escalating to a more political level and not a school setting, wonder what's going to happen next. Yet another one I'm really enjoying as long as there isn't massive amounts of Miyuki.

Ah Akuma no riddle, i really want to continue watching you, but appart of the yuri setting, you are just giving more and more disapointment.

I really want to say that you are good, or ok, but... it's just that... actually there is no storyline, i don't feel any empathy for the "assassins" even if they have sad backstory, they have good design...but you can't just make an anime based only in design and nothing else.

I have the feeling of deja vu as all episodes are based with the EXACT same narrative structure, with the same development, maybe it's a matter of world lines, but i'm never, really never surprised by the episodes.

What are you trying to give us, Akuma no riddle? i really want to understand your purpose on life, i really want to see good story progression with cool stuffs and emotional elevators, i will watch till the end because i like Tokaku-kun and i want to see how the yuri romance will advance, and nothing more so i won't be disappointed.

Ah Akuma no riddle, i really want to continue watching you, but appart of the yuri setting, you are just giving more and more disapointment.

I really want to say that you are good, or ok, but... it's just that... actually there is no storyline, i don't feel any empathy for the "assassins" even if they have sad backstory, they have good design...but you can't just make an anime based only in design and nothing else.

I have the feeling of deja vu as all episodes are based with the EXACT same narrative structure, with the same development, maybe it's a matter of world lines, but i'm never, really never surprised by the episodes.

What are you trying to give us, Akuma no riddle? i really want to understand your purpose on life, i really want to see good story progression with cool stuffs and emotional elevators, i will watch till the end because i like Tokaku-kun and i want to see how the yuri romance will advance, and nothing more so i won't be disappointed.

My thoughts exactly. Just think it's for the yuri.

Aww there wasn't much action in the most recent episode of Mahouka. Just a bunch of setting up for the next episodes. Meh

It's the golden week filler :P

Akuma no Riddle.... Is pretty weak. I'm not particularly into yuri, the drama makes you facepalm and the action does seem pointless. Hey, at least they've got good character designs, I guess.

Black Bullet is escalating too quickly. As someone who played RPGs for a long time, I wonder if they'll have enough story for the whole thing. If right at the beginning you beat what seemed like a major boss character and killed one of the biggest threats to mankind, I wonder what you'll do next that seems exciting. 

If they do have enough story without it getting nonsensical, I'm actually looking forward to it.

NGNL is going as expected! I was worried Sora was going to end up way too normal after seeing some of his reactions, but I'm glad he didn't. It's still the anime I'm liking the most here.

Mekakucity Actors is also pretty good. Nothing mindblowing yet, but everything is nice. It may end up stealing the "best anime of the season" from NGNL if they do it right.

Even if there is going to be more yuri later on, I see no point in watching Akuma no riddle anymore. Everything is just done wrong really. I wonder if the Manga is any different?

Inugami san to Nekoyama San is still one of my favorites this season, with magica wars there as well.

Daimidaler the sound robot is still easily my favorite out of all this season. Pure awesomeness

This episode of Isshuukan Friends was fantastic. I think Saki is a wonderful character for helping to develop Kaori. In fact, I actually find the dynamics of her character to be really interesting. Between her air-headed nature, her forgetfulness, and how much she sways from one thought pattern to another is wonderful. The revelations of her past make those characteristics very believable too. God, I can't help but appreciate the fantastic character writing that goes into this anime! Episode 5 has put this anime as my favorite this season. ^^

Dropped Akuma no Riddle, I'll watch the episode where the small blonde fights the MC, though.

NGNL is my favorite of the season, I get the feeling they'll screw up near the end, though.

Mekaku City Actors is pretty good too, it seems like Shaft took the freedom to make everything extra shaftish here.

I also think it is up there together with NGNL.

One character, in one episode has managed to be more useful than the protagonist in 5 episodes of Isshuukan Friends. Same thing happend with Kiryu who is also an awesome character.

I say screw the protagonist, this should totally turn into Yuri. Seriously though the new girl is great, her character is so easy going yet at the same time honest and I think she's really cute, I'm really glad she's so proactive about her friendship, such a nice girl. I bet with this Fujimiya will move forward slightly instead of shutting herself up in the roof all the time. I was afraid this series would focus too much on the "main couple" but glad it's not because I still don't like the protagonist. Looking forward to seeing more of Saki. This episode was really great.

Kaori x Saki pls

nkdh1HN.jpg

People watch Captain Earth for the graphics.

No Game No Life and Black Bullet seem to be the most interesting shows this season. I'd add Hitsugi no Chaika too, but it's already turning onto the mediocre route with it's current plot twists. At least Chaika makes up for the rest, haha.

Black Bullet is escalating too quickly. As someone who played RPGs for a long time, I wonder if they'll have enough story for the whole thing. If right at the beginning you beat what seemed like a major boss character and killed one of the biggest threats to mankind, I wonder what you'll do next that seems exciting.

I'm worried with it as well. It does seem story had reached something, that would be considered a final escalation of the whole conflict. There's a bunch of routes everything could go after this, but I'm too used to poor story direction to remain calm they won't fuck it up. Hapilly, teaser showed something that might actually mean what we've seen so far was just the beggining. If they will keep everything up this way and won't lose focus on character development either, it might turn into a decent anime.

I'm going to start reading the No Game No Life novels. This is how much I'm loving the anime. Hell it even made me create a new sig.

It doesn't take itself too seriously yet at the same time the plot and characters are great and of course there's Shiro who's the best loli, possibly of all time.

Gochuumon was as cute as always, I might be ignorant here but why didn't Cocoa make something for her dad? Or she doesn't have one..?

A lot of Rize x Sharo moments in this one which was adorable as well. This always puts a smile on my face.

I also really really like No Game No Life. It has a lot of funny moments that make me want to cry from laughter.

In Ep 5, when Stephane kept on losing the bets and lost more and more of her clothing was really funny. That along with Shiro's reaction of pity for her constant loss was so xd

My only problem with the anime is that it is only a half season anime T.T

I really hope there will be a second season because this is the FIRST anime that I actually watched while airing (I only started watching anime Nov'13) and I feel one 1/2 season won't be enough to satisfy my thirst for more. 

Yeah? I wouldn't say I'm impressed by them, I've certainly seen better. Some of the characters look weird to me. I don't like it.

I think he meant the animation. Nowhere but in a Bones anime you will see hand-drawn robots these days. Although I do like the designs too, personally.

But yeah, the crypto-babble trying to imitate Evangelion (and failing of course) and the fact that the characters seem just as bored as we are doesn't make it a really good watch...