Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Yup it's that time of the year again.

New season = new anime

This thread will be used for discussion of all the anime airing during spring of 2014. 

So far I've watched episode 1 of Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

That moment when your roomate is a masochistic lolicon.

It was mildly amusing for a first episode. I get the Sakurasou vibe all over the place. Student that wants to live normally, moves into a dormitory full of weird people and develops a crush. The romance better be more impressive than Sakurasou though. Kawai is one of those hardcore Kuuderes isn't she? I'm interested to see how her character develops, she's pretty cute in her own way.

Overall the characters all seem to be an entertaining bunch, aside from the protagonist as usual (his voice kind of bugs me), but hopefully it won't be too bad, the comedy is decent though but, once again, the protag's retorts kind of fall flat for me, let's see how things develop though.

The Raw for Akuma no Riddle was also released, can't wait for it to get subs! 

Hopefully it delivers a decent story along with the yuri.

And cheers to another anime season!

I decided to hold back this season. No starting things at random, only what I really want to watch plus some "for the lulz" stuff I picked in advance.

That still makes 10 anime. So much for my backlog.

Jojo S2 1: The fabulous is back. Looks good, although I liked the "manga style" of season 1 and there seems to be less of it here. But Stands look great and I'm looking forward to fights with poses, faces and long-ass speeches in the middle.

Mushishi S2 1: This episode was good. The fact that it's in the lower tier of what Mushishi has to offer tells just how much awesome it is. This is going to be incredible. Concurrency for AOTS will be tough with such a solid series running.

Waiting for subs for Akuma no Riddle too.

Finished the first episode of Blade & Soul, overall it was pretty good and delivered nicely. Good amount of blood and some action in the opening moments which got my full attention. The main heroine is pretty badass, and most of the Mc's are female which is pretty rare in an action anime. There was some early fan service but i love that sort of stuff so it doesn't matter to me. I like the characters that were introduced, and hope the rest of the season delivers this nicely. There was some early comedy which got me laughing a bit. It was kinda rushed but meh i don't care, i just love the mc.

Topic for this alredy exists here.

This topic is for discussing the things currently airing. As in episodes that you already have seen not what you're planning to see. That's the main difference.

Also I just found out Mezashite subs is picking up Akuma no Riddle! They're the same ones that subbed Sakura Trick.

They're also doing Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? which is one i'm highly waiting for  as well. Dat cuteness

Source: Mezashite

I was waiting for you to do this thread.

I watched Bokura wa minna kawaisou too, and I'm glad the season started (for me) with a romance anime. I just hope it does ends up with romance, but well, time will say.

I'm waiting for more anime now, although I have Blade and Soul in my desktop waiting for me to watch it, but I don't really know when I'll give it a go xD

Well Akuma no Riddle is sure to be one of my favorites. Cute psycho assassin girls everywhere. I approve. There's even a loli.

Can't wait for the action to begin and of course the yuri. Barely anything was explained so I'm hoping they address everything later on. So far i'm really excited for the next ep.

Miharu reminds me of Touko from Danganronpa, except she's better because she takes a bath in a bathtub full of rubber ducks. 10/10 just for that.

Also awesome OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zauNKH5iV9s

Watched Blade and Soul.

Looks promising, animation is pretty good, the story seems interesting the characters are interesting, events make sense.

It's a shonen/seinen i'm going to enjoy I think.

Bokura wa minna Kawaisou

This is Sakurasou number 2,the animation is nice and the characters are funny.

It's going to be entertaining.

Still waiting for some other series.

Akuma no Riddle. Hmph. Doesn't look bad. The animation surprisingly isn't bad and there's not too much of the potential irritating elements.

That being said, I know from experience I tend to drop this kind of chuuni edgy stuff after 3-4 episodes. I wonder if I shouldn't rather put it on hold now and watch it in batches.

Well for now i gona wait till a few episodes come out and the anime i plan to watch are: Brynhildr in the Darkness, Mekkaku City Actors, Nananas Buried Treasure, Black Bullet, Mahouka Koukou  no Rettousei, Hitsugi no Chaika, Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to, GJ-BU@ 

and the ones i cant wait to see Date A Live II and No Game no Life

Okay ... every series I want to watch is originally a manga, so bye bye anime.

And Blade and soul is a game ?!?! :huh: I wonder what they are going to do.

Mahouka Koukou,Brynhildir,Hitsugi no Chaika,Mangaka to Assitant-san and Kagerou Days are the stand-outs for me this season. There's also the 5 episode sequel for the Monogatari series

a few others also look interesting seems its gonna be a good season :D

Okay ... every series I want to watch is originally a manga, so bye bye anime.

And Blade and soul is a game ?!?! :huh: I wonder what they are going to do.

Blade and Soul? Fanservice ofc :D

Just watched Mahouka, first episode.

Those fight scenes, loved it, I seriously hope there's a ton of combat involved in this show because they seem to put effort in the choreography which is so important. Also love the setting and I love the potential this has. It really made me want to discover more of how everything functions around this universe. The school system is a little crappy, don't really get what's going on with Blooms and Weeds if everyone's an elite, but whatever. And finally self repairable uniforms, someone thought this would be a good idea! Praise Zeus~

I'm just seriously concerned about it turning into incest melodrama. I like imoutos and all but i don't think it'd fit with this. I'm just saying this because the sister is clearly fawning all over her brother, but hopefully it won't go into that direction.

The protagonist is not dense and retarded either which I love, He knows his place and thinks rationally, it's just like another Shiroe. I sense he has a ton of power to be shown and for that I can not wait.

Very anxious for the next episode.

Just watched Mahouka, first episode.

Those fight scenes, loved it, I seriously hope there's a ton of combat involved in this show because they seem to put effort in the choreography which is so important. Also love the setting and I love the potential this has. It really made me want to discover more of how everything functions around this universe. The school system is a little crappy, don't really get what's going on with Blooms and Weeds if everyone's an elite, but whatever. And finally self repairable uniforms, someone thought this would be a good idea! Praise Zeus~

I'm just seriously concerned about it turning into incest melodrama. I like imoutos and all but i don't think it'd fit with this. I'm just saying this because the sister is clearly fawning all over her brother, but hopefully it won't go into that direction.

The protagonist is not dense and retarded either which I love, He knows his place and thinks rationally, it's just like another Shiroe. I sense he has a ton of power to be shown and for that I can not wait.

Very anxious for the next episode.

I'm following the manga, and I haven't seen any real incest yet D: the protagonist is seriously badass, I can't wait to see some of the fights get animated >o<

I'm following the manga, and I haven't seen any real incest yet D: the protagonist is seriously badass, I can't wait to see some of the fights get animated >o<

Thank god.

I also can't wait to see more action, it seems the anime is putting effort into the fights so that's always a good sign. I also agree the protagonist seems badass as hell.