Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

I'm liking Captain Earth less and less with every episode I watch.

People watch Captain Earth for the graphics.

Am I the only sane person out there that actually likes the potential plot direction in Captain Earth? Damn shame that such quality has to go unrecognized. Personally, I have Captain Earth as my 2nd favorite anime this season. It reminds me of Eureka Seven in some ways.

I'm going to start reading the No Game No Life novels. This is how much I'm loving the anime. Hell it even made me create a new sig.

It doesn't take itself too seriously yet at the same time the plot and characters are great and of course there's Shiro who's the best loli, possibly of all time.

Shoot, I remember having this kind of reaction to SAO. I thought it was pretty interesting when it first started airing and I ended up picking up the LN. I like the LN infinitely more than the anime, but it was still enjoyable to watch (the soundtrack was especially glorious).

I'm trying. I reallly want to finish an episode of Akuma no Riddle and say "Wow that was awesome" but it's proving to be so hard.

I will admit this latest episode's climax was a little more interesting but it was so predictable and the build up and plot behind it were so poorly constructed and explained it just felt cheap and that's what makes me not appreciate it as much. The formula is the same every single time and what's worse is that it's really badly done. It's sad because I want to enjoy this a lot but it doesn't let me. It's saddening the loli is gone though, she was pretty cute.

I dropped Akuma no Riddle after the first episode. I could just tell it wouldn't be good. You seem to have a lot of complaints about every episode, so why not just drop it? I'm sure you could make an exception to your not dropping an anime policy :P

Exceptions would defeat the purpose of this rule. And it's not like it's the worst anime I've seen so it's okay.

And the character designs are nice. This episode was relatively better than the previous ones simply because of the characters it focused on but everything else was weak as usual. I'll just bear with it.

It's not the worst, but definately not the best either. Actually, far from being decent; watchable, but not much besides that. I'm quite amazed certain people hold it in a high regard, when I'm not sure whether there's anything to regard at all, except for the fact it's definately on the yuri side. Yet another factor, which in the end limits the potential audience (though, not that I'm dissapointed with, personally, heheh).

Not watching it; one of friends actually encouraged me to take a look at it, but there's a lot more than yuri for a show to prove being worthy of my attention.

I would disagree with yuri being the asset because me and my friend are both yuri lovers and even we both agree that there's barely anything that makes you want to keep watching Akuma no Riddle. There hasn't been any proper yuri thus far. There's girls who are close to each other but that's no more than what we've already seen in plenty of other anime like Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka with all the shoujo ai undertones. Proper yuri would be them confessing their love for each other or kissing or just display a deeper form of affection. So far even on yuri level it's still pretty weak and not a reason to want to watch it. I'm watching it HOPING there's serious yuri in the future. If not this will get  5/10 at best. It's wachteable, that's about it.

If I can pull through Mahou Sensou, I can do this, trust me.

No drop policies are painful. Mahou Sensou would have been the anime to make me drop that policy if I weren't watching Naruto Shippuuden (I use to do the same thing, but now I have 11 dropped titles on my list). It's not worth it, man! Just drop your drop policy and make life less miserable. XD I mean, heck, I'd be following a few shitty long-runners if I didn't. I don't think I could stand to watch any more Aikatsu or Saint Seiya Omega.

This is why I don't care for those massive on-going series like Naruto and One Piece.

If anything I'll get into Hunter x Hunter but that's as far as I'd go. When there's something really terrible that'll make me destroy my policy, I'll let you know.

I will watch Akuma no riddle till the end, wainting for good yuri stuff, nothing more.

My feeling about that anime is that every episode is converging to the same result no matter the "antagonist" no matter the "story", it's boring;

So please Akuma no riddle, save the yuri.

This is why I don't care for those massive on-going series like Naruto and One Piece.

If anything I'll get into Hunter x Hunter but that's as far as I'd go. When there's something really terrible that'll make me destroy my policy, I'll let you know.

Well, at least you realized what you were in for after developing common sense. I started Shippuuden shortly after high school. I watched the first series when it first started airing on Toonami and my friends pushed me to eventually watch the rest online (which included Shippuuden at the time). Unfortunate mistake. :( But HxH is definitely a long-runner that's worth picking up.

Maybe... just maybe..Akuma no Riddle is being this way on purpose... and in the next couple of episodes it's going to become a yuri explosion and become the best anime of spring 2014?

Even if there was yuri explosion it wouldn't become the best, but it certainly would make it more entertaining. I'd approve at least.

And I'll just leave this gif I made here, since I don't think anyone would complain if they were this pillow ;)

16f0094780.gif

Haha that reverse.

I don't like the new girl, she came off as really arrogant to me and i usually don't like characters like that. But i'm sure she'll have some deep arc and eventually she'll be part of Shido's harem just like every heroine in Date A Live ever.

Mekakucity Actors is getting so good.

Shouldn't take too long for all 9 members to be together now.

I was kind of hoping they'd adress Ayano's arc a bit more, hopefully they'll do so in the future.

Konoha in action was badass but what I want to see most is Dark Konoha.

I'm so hyped for the next episode. Looks like it'll be Ene's arc.

Mahouka had a nice development, really hyped to see the next episode and more action scenes that last more than 5 seconds (because Shiba takes everyone out in that span of time). More fighting and less chatting.

Nosebleed, did you what Bokura Kawaisou ep6? Seriously the scene at the start is sure to set you flying like a rocket.

I'm watching it now. But yes I almost fainted. Sadly Shiro is only interested in 18+ years old women so no chance. But it was still a lovely scene!

I'm watching it now. But yes I almost fainted. Thankfully Sadly THANKFULLY Shiro is only interested in 18+ years old women so no chance. But it was still a lovely scene!

Fixed

Well despite the loli thing the episode was still really good. The series gets serious when it wants to and it does it well. I really enjoy watching it. It's not my favorite but it's definitely entertaining. Even Shiro is a great character, though I want to say he's the best character I'm sure no one would agree, but I think he's great.