Tsukihime: I hear good things...

Tay

Tsukihime is bloody amazing, this could be just me, but I feel the characters and plot are better than Fate/Stay Night actually, not to say F/SN is bad though.

The protagonist is just kickass as well!

People like me also hope it gets an anime adaption by ufotable someday~

There totally isn't an anime already, its just a rumor, pay it no heed.

However, if you absolutely cannot stand the art, you could wait for a remake, there's been a rumor that Type-Moon will eventually remake the game with the Sacchin route added back in, which would be, excuse my language, absolutely fucking badass <3

I suggest you try playing it yourself once, the Arcueid route that is, and see for yourself whether you wish to stick with it~

Really? I thought you were a big Type Moon fan! :P

But yeah, you can see that Takeuchi has improved quite a lot between this and Fate/Stay Night (and moreso in later artwork). If you liked Fate/Stay Night you should give it a read. They're set in the same world after all!

I actually agree Tsukihime is better than Fate/Stay Night. I rated both equally on vndb but that's because F/SN has the benefit of much better artwork, character voices (with the RNpatch), better soundtrack, and those epic Tiger Dojos. If they improved Ciel-sensei's lessons to the same level and updated everything else (and also the fabled Yumizuka Satsuki route) i would have no qualms saying Tsukihime is better than F/SN. It's one of those YMMV things though, F/SN is to Tsukihime as Final Fantasy is to Shin Megami Tensei - on one hand you have a more idealistic high fantasy setting with fighting for justice and whatnot, on the other you have grimdark fantasy where everything is a mess and there's no real good/evil. Also Shiki is definitely a much better protagonist than Shirou. Don't let the art discourage you, despite this being my 2nd vn (F/SN was my first) the dated art style didn't bother me, the story carries everything so well. I would say definitely a must-play.

• 4 months later...

Say, just recently I downloaded the game from this site. It will open up and work. However, the game crashes every time I save. I absolutely can't save any progress, and always have to witness the opening scene before I can access the title menu. By the way I'm using a windows 7. Can anyone help me?

Say, just recently I downloaded the game from this site. It will open up and work. However, the game crashes every time I save. I absolutely can't save any progress, and always have to witness the opening scene before I can access the title menu. By the way I'm using a windows 7. Can anyone help me?

Check the permissions. If still having troubles, make a post in the technical issues forum and Dr Ryoji, I, Luch and others will help!

I've been thinking about playing it for a loong time, but like Tay, I didn't play it in part because of the art.

Now I feel like playing it, but first I'll finish Muv-Luv Alternative. Once I'm done with Muv-Luv, I think I'll start Tsukihime at last.

Hey, I hadn't seen this topic. I agree with everyone saying Tsukihime > F/SN btw.

And don't forget to play Kagetsu Tohya, it's tons of fun really.

Tsukihime being a doujin game, the save files shouldn't be too complicated, so you should be able to try a few things to make it work.

Hey, I hadn't seen this topic. I agree with everyone saying Tsukihime > F/SN btw.

And don't forget to play Kagetsu Tohya, it's tons of fun really.

Tsukihime being a doujin game, the save files shouldn't be too complicated, so you should be able to try a few things to make it work.

Like what lol? I don't really know what I should do, I assumed everything would be taken care of with the download. I never had any problems with save data before. Occasionally I would have problems installing a game, but usually I could find a solution. But I've never dealt with a game that refuses to save.

• 2 weeks later...

Tsukihimes pretty good, but I feel its dramatically more flawed then F/SN. Too much boarderline copy paste between scenes and, to me, a lot of the routes have all the good content stuffed towards the 70% mark, so the beginning and sometimes even the middle can feel awfully draggy.

Really cool though. Interested in the remake.

I'm fairly picky when it comes to art (I won't touch the original Higurashi), but Tsukihime's art is serviceable. If you liked Fate/Stay Night, you should play Tsukihime. The effects aren't as flashy, but the writing is solid--not to mention Nasu's vampire mythos is pretty cool. The protagonist is also not annoying like Shirou.

I am planning on playing Tsukihime soon, probably once I'm finished with Muv-Luv Alternative, I don't think I have much left.

But when the remake comes out and someone translates it I'm planning on playing it too. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love Tsukihime, even if the art and effects are a little old.

Nope, you're not. I mean, Sacchin route man.

And if Arc lost her trademark long skirt which is kinda bad, Ciel and Akiha design (imo) improved.

Seconded. Besides, Arcueid's new desing isn't all bad (I personally liked it), even for those who liked how it was before there are still things to look foward to (like more than 4 sprites per character? xD. Just kidding).

I never managed to finish hisui and kohaku routes. I dunno why, but they didn't interest me. Are they worth it?

Also, I personally loved Arc's new design. I think it fits her personality a lot better.

Fucking love the new design as well.

Also, play the routes NOW. Hisui first, then Kohaku, for a good reason. They have some pretty big plot revelations, if memory is right.