What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

From friendly to not friendly

Crusader Kings II

Europa Universalis III

Victoria II

Europa Universalis IV

Hearts of Iron

In that order.

Though I'd say, screw difficulty. The real fun from those games come from messing around and enjoy in the historical period you enjoy most. Also, you come from Civ so the difficulty won't be a problem for you.

Played castlevania lords of shadow 2 and this isn't even castlevania anymore, Castlevania was such a great series but this is just something totally different from it

Castlevania went to hell (how fitting) after the PS1.

If you wanna retain those sweet memories, don't pry too much into the future.

The only exception is Order of Ecclesia for DS.

Castlevania went to hell (how fitting) after the PS1.

If you wanna retain those sweet memories, don't pry too much into the future.

The only exception is Order of Ecclesia for DS.

Heh Order of Ecclesia was pretty good, but this one i'm playing is just like DMC and God of War only 10x more boring and with a plot and story that doesn't make sense. And killing rats for hours isn't any fun either. 

Are you playing the arrange mode, 1.5 or novice?

I'm currently  trying to get a no miss no bomb no hypers run on 1.5 for the lulz

I have been to level 5 on arrange mode and on novice.  Not on arcade or 1.5, I start losing it on stage 3, and stage 4 is just silly. 

In my defense, I'm on VNs 80% of the time and games only 20% of the time.

Which character turned out to be the best for you?

I have been to level 5 on arrange mode and on novice.  Not on arcade or 1.5, I start losing it on stage 3, and stage 4 is just silly. 

In my defense, I'm on VNs 80% of the time and games only 20% of the time.

Which character turned out to be the best for you?

Welp, for the sake of being helpful, I'm gonna repeat this post witha bit more info.

If you want to get a clear on SDOJ you need 2 things:

-Memorization. Lots of it: stages are treacherous and bosses are sly. You have to memorize then in order to get an strategy. Add to it that your hitbox is huge so you can't pull crazy dodges a la Mushihime-sama or Futari.

- Shuri + shot mode: this is the easiest shot to get a clear f you combine it with memo. You have a huge frontal attack on shot mode which can destroy the small and middle enemies even before they can shoot you something. Add to it that is powerful enough to bring down large enemies on shot mode and you'll get all the mobility you need to avoid being trapped by bullets.

Probabl, at the end of this week I'm gonna get a new laptop and then, maybe, just maybe, I'll stream y runs. You can get some ideas there and ask any question. I also have every other Cave shmup that is region free or PAL region.

I see...well, thanks for the info.  I wouldn't expect too much of me, because I have a long history of messing around playing shmups but not clearing them on the default difficulty.

For example, besides this game, I own the Raiden Project, Gradius 3 4 & 5, Mushihime-sama, Espgaluda, EOSD, Trigger Heart Exelica, Otomedius... not cleared.  So, I have learned to be happy with Easy Mode...

Hmm, so I should use Shuri and shot mode huh?  Seems to run counter to my instinct, but I'll try it... normally I use the girl in green (name escapes me at the moment), and regardless of which element doll I choose, I usually pick "power up the Laser" because I use the laser most of the time.  I feel that it prevents me from accidentally crashing into stuff that I'm trying to dodge.

Hmm, so I should use Shuri and shot mode huh?  Seems to run counter to my instinct, but I'll try it... normally I use the girl in green (name escapes me at the moment), and regardless of which element doll I choose, I usually pick "power up the Laser" because I use the laser most of the time.  I feel that it prevents me from accidentally crashing into stuff that I'm trying to dodge.

On Cave shumps you need mobility more than firepower. You need to prevent yourself getting into tight situations because Cave shmups are usually centered around the idea of overwhelming you.

Using laser it's counterproductive because, even if you move with more precission and have more firepower, enemies at other parts of the screen will pile up. In SDOJ this is even more important. The stage 5 is simply crazy.

Also, download the 1.5 WR. You'll get an idea of how to use Shuri + shot.