What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I have both Dragon's Crown and Tales of Xillia on preorder from Amazon.ca, but according to their delivery estimates it won't get here until at least the 15th. (so much for playing Dragon's Crown online with my friends who are getting it tomorrow. :rolleyes: )

Other than that, I've been alternating between Link's Awakening DX and Shin Megami Tensei IV on my 3DS, both of which are great fun. SMTIV can be a bit brutal, but that's the way I like it. Not all that far yet, currently up to the Medusa fight. As for Zelda I'm currently looking for the grappling hook to finish the 5th dungeon.

I have both Dragon's Crown and Tales of Xillia on preorder from Amazon.ca, but according to their delivery estimates it won't get here until at least the 15th. (so much for playing Dragon's Crown online with my friends who are getting it tomorrow. :rolleyes:/>

That's pretty much standard for me. Two weeks or sometimes an whole month. It's crappy that we can get into conversation about the game when all the heat goes down. :/

Dragon's Crown has an awesome artbook, but it's limited supplies only. Hope you get it.

That's pretty much standard for me. Two weeks or sometimes an whole month. It's crappy that we can get into conversation about the game when all the heat goes down. :/

Dragon's Crown has an awesome artbook, but it's limited supplies only. Hope you get it.

Yeah, the artbook looks pretty, I'm pretty sure I preordered on time though, so I should be fine. I've had Etrian Odyssey IV arrive day 1 from them, using super saver free shipping, but all my other preorders since then have had this delay. It's okay though, it's not like I'm lacking in entertainment in the meantime.

I'm dreaming I'm playing Wasteland 2 right now. Does that count?

“The Mannerites are a group headquartered in the Coliseum in Los Angeles,” said Findley. “They’ve found this book: The ‘Miss Manners Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior’. They made it their Bible. Good manners, in a post-apocalyptic wasteland setting, are the most important thing to them. They think, how can we be civilized? How can we bring back civilization except by being civilized? So that’s why they think that this is of paramount importance. Anything that goes wrong, like spitting in the streets or whatever, they see that as just a slippery slope down to complete chaos. It could be the wrong salad fork.”

“When you get into the level, there’s a Mannerite who’s up for execution for violating Mannerite law. The crime that he committed was coming to church in dirty clothes. That’s a capital offense. That leads to a whole thing about whether you save him or not and what that means. Do you save him, because that’s a stupid reason to kill somebody? And then violate their rules and make them hostile to you?”

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/01/a-day-with-wasteland-2/

Stop teasing us with your awesomeness you evil, evil man :(

Not long now *deep breaths*

I just finished Bioshock Infinite, It was pretty awesome. I was thinking of going with The Last of Us next, any opinions on the game? Some people tell me it's great others tell me it's highly overrated.

The Last of Us is overrated, but still a good game.

I highly recommend The Last of Us. "Highly overrated" depends on a bunch of factors, but the game is GREAT. I'd have given it a solid 9.5/10. A lot of the high scores come from reviewers' enjoyment of good, character-based storytelling (which, frankly, is a bit of a commodity at the moment). The 57-or-so perfect 10/10 scores reward the story (though, to be honest, I found the gameplay extremely rewarding as well). The amount of content in the game is staggering, and I've heard the multiplayer is top-notch (I'm not a MP person, so I couldn't say).

Short version: Ignore the Batman. He keeps putting the game off, and I'm pretty sure he's been infested by the Yeerks.

(Just kidding, Batman) (But really, you should finish it) (Also, congrats on the moon landing)

Edited by Tay

Short version: Ignore the Batman. He keeps putting the game off, and I'm pretty sure he's been infested by the Yeerks.

In most cases I'd never "ignore the batman" but since this is fuwanovel and not Gotham I'll make an exception. If the gameplay and story line are good then I'll definitely make a point of playing I'm just trying to make sure I don't get into something that becomes tedious or is like another Resident Evil type, I love RE but I can only take so much.

Oh, I didn't say it is a bad game. But I played for around 3-4 hours and just didn't feel that it deserved a 10/10. It's a great game, but mildly overrated. (If it was 10/10 material, there is no way I would have stalled out)

Similarly to Bioshock, it's all about the ending!