What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I'm playing Tears to Tiara II (PS3) currently, and it's Amazing so far (now on chapter 7!).  

Btw, is anyone else playing it?  (If you are) I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of reward one gets for completing Bonus Objectives in battle?  I've been completing them, but still don't know exactly what the bonus reward it is.. bonus items or bonus money?  Does Rank also influence money and items obtained or not?   (The battles can be long.... so I don't really want to repeat/test to find out. Just curious if anyone actually knows.)

There's trade off between the two. Dark Souls was a more... "magical" experience overall. There was a lot less expectations involved and the formula was entirely new. I think I liked the narrative and characters in Dark Souls 2 more, but I prefer the bosses and areas in the first game a lot more. There's just simply nothing like Sen's Funhouse in Dark Souls 2.

ffxiv's patch 2.4 is coming out in a little less than 10 hours, going to attempt streaming while dual-boxing both my character and someone else's to speed my ninja's leveling.  If I recall OBS will just need to register a second game capture so that it won't interfere with the main capture.

Yes sir I am!

Nice. I am excite. The only other monster hunter game I've ever *really* gotten into was Soul Sacrifice, so I'm looking forward to it. I've heard some bad stuff about the game, but I'm pretty sure it'll at least be worth the money.

Nice. I am excite. The only other monster hunter game I've ever *really* gotten into was Soul Sacrifice, so I'm looking forward to it. I've heard some bad stuff about the game, but I'm pretty sure it'll at least be worth the money.

Tell us how good/bad Freedom Wars is when you got it~

Wait...what?  Do you mean there's no more hours and hours and hours of fletching just to level up your character's main level?  That was what killed my interest in the game.  That, and how they made it impossible to make unbalanced trades.  So frustrating, since a lot of people really wanted to help newbs they knew, but couldn't do it.

Man, there's so much that makes leveling faster now. For one, the interface has improved so that you can use skills a lot faster (with fletching, you can string multiple bows). And more times than not, lodestones will port you to a more convenient area than runes/items, and it's completely free to use (you just have to activate it). Lastly, exp bonuses are crazy in the game now. If you join a clan and use certain items on clan avatars, you get a 3% exp buff for a week and can set it again when it wears out. There's also an aura that you can activate daily for a 50% exp buff for one hour on any skill. There's specific auras for each skill that do more, but you have to be a member for a while to accumulate points for those auras, so I just got the all-purpose one for now. Occasionally, there'll be weekend periods with double exp. Maxing out every skill is actually a lot more common now than it use to be. :P

Granted, you still have to put in some hours, but it's nowhere near as bad as it use to be. And gold is really easy to make now too. The reason the market use to be so bad was because there were fewer people who could supply certain items. With leveling skills now being as easy as it is now, more people are able to give those supplies out, and the prices have gone down significantly. Probably the worst quirk with market demand in this game was that most valuable items could only be obtained through monster drops or extremely high skill levels. With the new combat system set in place, bosses are significantly easier to farm now, so the supply and demand aspect of those items are a lot more balanced. Another thing with buying items for skilling was that you use to need a lot of them to level up. But if you carefully plan out your exp gains, and utilize them with exp buffs, you won't have to use them as much. With that, the demand for those items decreases, and the market stabilizes.

Speaking of combat, slayer is incredible now. Shit dies so damn fast that you're practically blazing through tasks. I don't remember how long it took to kill a Fire Giant with the older combat, but I can take down 170 of them in less than an hour now (with a Zamorak Godsword I bought for 780K).

Also, trade is unlimited again. There's a limit to how much you can buy on the GE, but that's to keep merchant clans in check, lol.

Tell us how good/bad Freedom Wars is when you got it~

So far, I really dig the gameplay and setting. I'm not far enough to comment on some of the criticisms that I've read about the enemy variety and the quality of the story, but I'm having a good time with it. The game is likely worth your $30 bucks.

There are only two games I play, League of Legends and Dota 2, (I play this game when my friends forces me to play) 

Basically, I don't play any games except watching Anime and playing Visual Novel when I get home from school. Quite a sad life you may say so, I'm actually looking for a fun game to play, recommend me if there's any awesome game..

There are only two games I play, League of Legends and Dota 2, (I play this game when my friends forces me to play) 

Basically, I don't play any games except watching Anime and playing Visual Novel when I get home from school. Quite a sad life you may say so, I'm actually looking for a fun game to play, recommend me if there's any awesome game..

Not really a sad life. Not that different from many gamers I think. but the most important question is. Do you have a specific genre you like or something you enjoy doing? There are a lot of awesome games out there, but everything doesn't appeal to everyone.

Myself I am a strategy nerd who mixes it with Dota 2 and some RPGs.

Not really a sad life. Not that different from many gamers I think. but the most important question is. Do you have a specific genre you like or something you enjoy doing? There are a lot of awesome games out there, but everything doesn't appeal to everyone.

Myself I am a strategy nerd who mixes it with Dota 2 and some RPGs.

I was actually a fan of MMORPG till I got scammed, sick and tired of it. Now I'm just a tireless seeker for games. I don't have a specific genre I like, as long it's fun. I'll just get used to the game and play it.  :ph34r:

If you want to give rhythm games a shot, try Osu. It's free to play and really fun. It's become one of my biggest obsessions as of late. https://osu.ppy.sh/

Speaking of Osu!, I've heard a lot about it. It's about those music game where you need to get the beat at the correct tempo if I'm not wrong? (Bad at describing games), not a bad idea for me to try. Thanks!

It's okay, you're not off the mark. Yeah, you move your mouse around and click circles according to the beat of the song you're playing. There are approach circles there as an alternative to using the beat, but I prefer timing my hits to the music just because it feels easier to me. A lot of fun anime and VN songs to try in the game too. I hope you like it. And you can add me as a friend too if you like. ^^ I've been playing for a decent amount of time and have a somewhat okay-ish rank. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4313410

Made a bigger dent into Freedom Wars. I'm really digging the setting. Like a lot.

So far the story is alright. I'm still waiting it to take a dip in quality as per all the things I've heard about it. Maybe some lower expectations on that front were a good thing, cause so far I like it well enough on the story side of things.