What is your favorite type of VN heroine, and why?

Katatsumuri

I just....can't bring myself to like yanderes.  As long as there isn't a massive amount of blood or limbs flying around I can at least not heavily dislike them.  But if they go crazy and start causing some major harm I go crazy myself and close the game immediately.

Mmm... i like the cool and cute characters... the older sister type.

Then again while i admire those kind of girls and i certainly would love to date them, i have sort of an inferiority complex.

They would seem way too bright for me. 

Kind of it was for Sakagami Tomoyo and Tomoya in Clannad. I would feel like im dragging them

down or something like that. 

Then again, having someone awesome recognize your value as a person feels overwhelmingly 

good. 

I think that i would like someone like Tohsaka Rin to be both my lover and a teacher that helps me to

become stronger. 

Original ones. I don't like characters that feel like they are trying to fit into an archetype. Original, and well developed characters are important for any story, Visual Novels are no exception. That said, I must confess I tend to go for the girls that demonstrate a kind of shyness and intelligence.

whaaaa you're scary~

if you had a yandere girlfriend she would track everyone in fuwanyan down and kill them.

but yeah, yanderes are useful and cute when they are not trying to kill me for taking my eyes off her. i actually wouldn't mind her killing all the people i talk to if she's that cute~ but now that i think about it she would destroy my computer of get rid of my eyes for playing romantic VN and watching moe anime, i don't know if i could accept that

I just....can't bring myself to like yanderes.  As long as there isn't a massive amount of blood or limbs flying around I can at least not heavily dislike them.  But if they go crazy and start causing some major harm I go crazy myself and close game immediately.

They won't start killing everyone if you don't mess up. That said, they killing everyone because the protag messed up is a fairly entertaining part of them to me. Also, the fact that the protagonist always seems oblivious to the fact that he can easily stop the yandere from killing people if he simply chooses the right words is quite curious.

Also, yandere alice is cute.

9aWkABs.jpg

I'm honestly a little terrified of that image....

Alice is not for your tasting? you're a picky one~

What of Hatate? I think most people find her cute.

KFSFmUU.png

In case you also dislike Hatate, have some Reimu. She's the protagonist, so I figure most people like her.

9PXpklH.jpg

I think I'm going to go sit in a corner for a little while now.

I even restrained myself from posting some of my favorites. Oh well.

That said, it's not like every yandere is the same, you know. There are both extraverts  and introverts as yanderes (and this is still a simplification) The first ones are the easiest to deal  with, since they're the kind to speak their mind so you can easily cut any funny idea she might have from the root. So if we're looking completely at a point of view valuing utility, the first ones are better. That said, I find introvert yanderes cuter. The kind that will act like a normal devoted girl but will secretely harbor yandere feelings, kind of like that picture of Hatate that I put there.

I even restrained myself from posting some of my favorites. Oh well.

That said, it's not like every yandere is the same, you know. There are both extraverts  and introverts as yanderes (and this is still a simplification) The first ones are the easiest to deal  with, since they're the kind to speak their mind so you can easily cut any funny idea she might have from the root. So if we're looking completely at a point of view valuing utility, the first ones are better. That said, I find introvert yanderes cuter. The kind that will act like a normal devoted girl but will secretely harbor yandere feelings, kind of like that picture of Hatate that I put there.

I agree that they're not all the same, but I just have that issue personally.  As long as they don't get extremely violent or start being really, really, REALLY, REALLY, creepy, I'm more or less fine with them.

I agree that they're not all the same, but I just have that issue personally.  As long as they don't get extremely violent or start being really, really, REALLY, REALLY, creepy, I'm more or less fine with them.

I'm just playing around with you~

I know most people dislike them and I'm not about to force my viewpoint on others. Also (personally) I usually find the "really creepy" parts (putting surveillance cameras on your room, making a double key to your house without asking permission to, stalking you, scaring off your friends, etc.) incredibly moe.

Different people like different things, I guess~

The type I like the most are strong and bad ass females, both mentally and physicaly too :P (same taste as Garejei). One of my favorite is Mai from Akatsuki no Goei : 

1381843792-smile.jpg

The kiss scene was amazing, but I wasn't able to forgive her for you_know_what. So my fav was Kaede – she's just as strong, but much more rational, and a loli too. Oh, and I liked Kaede ending more.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually don't care much about the type of characters as every character is different therefore there are always some characters that I like and some that I dislike of every type. But if I would have to choose one for my favorite it would probably be an unfeminine type with short hairs.

PS: From wath VN is She, She is super cute.

KFSFmUU.png

I usually don't care much about the type of characters as every character is different therefore there are always some characters that I like and some that I dislike of every type. But if I would have to choose one for my favorite it would probably be an unfeminine type with short hairs.

PS: From wath VN is She, She is super cute.

KFSFmUU.png

She's not from a VN. She's from touhou.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touhou_Project

If you're particularly interested in her, her name is Hatate Himekaidou. Since touhou is so famous, finding fanart of their characters is particularly easy.

Note sure there is an exact type, but here are some things I like and dislike:

Pure - pure of heart, showing honest ungraded emotions. Also not jaded from past intimate experience.

Kuudere - shy or unsure of how to approach people, and then warming up to the right person, makes for the perfect excuse of the protagonist to have the first close relationship with the character.

Clam & logical - Even if the logical isn't always correct, because of lacking knowledge or experience, it's nice when people think and don't just fail around all the time. While spastic characters might be good for comic relief they'd not be the heroine I'd be gunning for.

Good natured - Who doesn't like people who have good intentions.

Strong willed - even if they are shy and not able to advance with their wish, it's nice when a character has strong feelings about things, or passions in life.

Developed - mature thinking, boobs, hips, and all those other good things that only a somewhat developed girl can offer

Dislikes

tsundere - prickly people who temporarily have rose colored glasses from the early stages of love will likely go prickly again after that initial glow wears off. I think these types of characters make for good comic relief.

loli - I don't find characters that are not physically and mentally developed attractive in the type of way bishoujo games intend them to be. Lolis might be cute and good for some types of stories, but VNs take you places with loli's I'd rather not go.

Ayamine Kei type. Strange ones I guess. Of course the Emrpess Ayamine Kei rules supreme, then comes Kei from Otoboku (even though she is a lesbian :() and then comes Ai from Yumina.

After Kei type I like childhood friends the most (Sumika from MLA, Kotori from Rewrite and Kanade from Deardrops are my favorites)

I like cooderes as well especially Yumika from Grisaia. She's my second favorite of all heroines after the Empress (Ayamine Kei)

Tsunderes are not too bad either especially when they are funny like Michiru-sama.

Sachi from Grisaia as well, I guess she goes into childhood friend list too but I dunno what else type would you consider her.

I probably do like:

-Childhood friends

As lots of peoples, I actually go this route in most VNs the first.

-Pure characters

Someone stated this up, but I also do love characters that are "pure" in someway, like Kotori, or Kosame (well, if you put it in someway, she is kind of pure)

-Lolis

Because I can :)

-Tsunderes

Who doesn't love 'em >=(!

And the least favourite could probably be

-Yandere

It's not that I hate them the most of the ones I like, but I don't really think I would go for this one IRL, after all... I don't want me dead just after I start dating with her, do I?

• 2 weeks later...

Original ones. I don't like characters that feel like they are trying to fit into an archetype. Original, and well developed characters are important for any story, Visual Novels are no exception. That said, I must confess I tend to go for the girls that demonstrate a kind of shyness and intelligence.

Understandable. While I don't think originality is the most important goal for a writer (it's usually good to compare/contrast your writing with what respected people have done), it's definitely admirable.

I'm not sure if I have a favorite character type, regardless of whether the person's considered a heroine, hero, protagonist, or anything else.