Jump to content
glupak

Clannad - fan translation or official localization?

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

the fan-translated version was just terrible and with a great number of experience-breaking bugs, which randomly appeared if you selected a wrong choice. Avoid it at all costs.

I remember something about that, though when I looked it up, it turned out to be an issue with Kanon, not Clannad :amane:

It's still worth repeating the blunder, which apparently exist in that fan translation now that I looked it up anyway. These lines actually shows up ingame.

Quote

You really shouldn't see these lines
because they're blank lines left over
from when I fixed the Great Shiori
Disaster of February 2009.
- Nagato

I have no idea what happened or how they can end up with the wrong number of lines. However if they did, why not just skip the lines or delete them entirely? Honestly speaking, any Key title deserves a better quality than that. Well any VN really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As to not start a new thread - tons of questions incoming:
How is the game re-written in the different versions? Are there uploads of the different versions' endings? Why did they decide to re-write the original in the first place (was it not-good enough, rushed etc? Is it true that ME has a happier ending than the original and if so what was the ending of the original? What version is the steam release? I read that in one edition the bad ending is actually the happy ending - is that true and if so In what edition is it or is it in all the editions? I doubt steam would allow for the 18+ content to be there but is there a patch for it so I can add it? Although i did read the H-content is not worth it? Is the version with the new content considered the cannon one?

Thanks in advance for answers, sorry about having so many questions. I know some of these questions have been asked here but I saw no concrete answers for them.

 

EDIT: Questions are for Tomoyo After Story

Edited by glupak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, glupak said:

How is the game re-written in the different versions?

I think both translations have the same story and no endings were changed.

6 hours ago, glupak said:

I doubt steam would allow for the 18+ content to be there but is there a patch for it so I can add it? Although i did read the H-content is not worth it? Is the version with the new content considered the cannon one?

I think you are mixing up CLANNAD and Little Busters. The former has never had any H-content and the latter has a Japanese-only release called Ecstasy which adds other routes and dispensable, mediocre H-scenes. The English edition of Little Busters on Steam is like Ecstasy but without H-scenes. 

Edited by Ichigo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ichigo said:

I think both translations have the same content and nothing was rewritten.

If you mean the translations are the same, then you're wrong. The two Clannad translations were done completely separate from each other. It's not so much that they rewrote the fan translation, they never used it in the first place.

6 hours ago, glupak said:

As to not start a new thread - tons of questions incoming:
How is the game re-written in the different versions? Are there uploads of the different versions' endings? Why did they decide to re-write the original in the first place (was it not-good enough, rushed etc? Is it true that ME has a happier ending than the original and if so what was the ending of the original? What version is the steam release? I read that in one edition the bad ending is actually the happy ending - is that true and if so In what edition is it or is it in all the editions? I doubt steam would allow for the 18+ content to be there but is there a patch for it so I can add it? Although i did read the H-content is not worth it? Is the version with the new content considered the cannon one?

Thanks in advance for answers, sorry about having so many questions. I know some of these questions have been asked here but I saw no concrete answers for them.

Assuming that you're asking about Little Busters, I don't think they changed the ending in that for ME/EX. ME/EX adds a few new routes, changes the ending somewhat in the Kud route (perhaps this is what you meant?), but the final ending should be the same, as far as I know. 

Or if you mean Tomoya After, I think they changed and extended the final parts of the story quite a bit for the ME version. 

Clannad, though, has no enhanced or 18+ version. There have never been any changes to Clannad's content in any of the its various re-releases.

Edited by Decay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×