Tall Heroine.

mitchhamilton

5 hours ago, milkteebaby said:

It's categorized as an otome game, but I'd say it's closer to a VN with a hilarious script. 

Without derailing the thread What is a otoge 2 you (not trying to offend, only curious). Since I Think FML is a pretty obvious Otoge IMO.

If you think 170 cm girl is pretty tall, then Maki from Tsujidou could be qualified. In case you want to try untranslated VNs, then both of Narumi from Soukoku no Arterial and Seine from LxC 2 can be said as tall girls. Also if you're in the mood for mystery, I can recommend you Kara no Shoujo 2 because it have two tall girls (Touji and Yukiko) - keep in mind that it didn't have standard route structure. I hope that my recommendations will be help to you.

Edited by littleshogun

6 hours ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Without derailing the thread What is a otoge 2 you (not trying to offend, only curious). Since I Think FML is a pretty obvious Otoge IMO.

For me, an otome game's main theme is romance/love. While FLML was entertaining in its own right, actually the romance was pretty light. There was very little romantic tension between the characters and there's a lot of emphasis in the physical aspect of H, but the usual "navel" gazing you get in otome games such as Hakuoki/Hiiro no Kakera/Neo Angelique, was not present. The game doesn't take itself very seriously, which could turn on or turn off a player. Me, I'm into the drama, but there was no drama, no back and forth. 

IMO, it's only an otoge in the barest definition of the word. But feeling-wise, it left me cold and I absolutely DESPISED the main character, Ema. (I ended up turning off her voice because it was so grating to hear).

Edited by milkteebaby

11 minutes ago, milkteebaby said:

For me, an otome game's main theme is romance/love. While FLML was entertaining in its own right, actually the romance was pretty light. There was very little romantic tension between the characters and there's a lot of emphasis in the physical aspect of H, but the usual "navel" gazing you get in otome games such as Hakuoki/Hiiro no Kakera/Neo Angelique, was not present. The game doesn't take itself very seriously, which could turn on or turn off a player. Me, I'm into the drama, but there was no drama, no back and forth. 

IMO, it's only an otoge in the barest definition of the word. But feeling-wise, it left me cold and I absolutely DESPISED the main character, Ema. (I ended up turning off her voice because it was so grating to hear).

I get what you're saying, but it's still an otomege. It just doesn't fit your expectations or past experience of otome.

I think it fits the OP's request - although she isn't happy and loving, she's very pessimistic. However, she is very self-conscious about her height, and the plot focuses on this a lot, as the premise is that she is being unwillingly turned into a fashion model by two guys (one masochistic and one sadistic).

I liked it for what it was, but I seriously agree on her voice, I eventually numbed myself to it. :vinty:

Also, I remember Rider from the Fate series being a bit cutely self-conscious about her stature.

f765.jpg

Maybe you've already looked but here's tall heroines on vndb: https://vndb.org/i126?fil=gender-f

I can't think of any VN with tall heroines. The closest I can think of is a side character in GTO, but that's manga/anime and it's just one episode out of 43. She plays a larger role in the 2012 live action, but....

However since you seem to be interested in tall girls, I can provide something, even though it has nothing to do with either VNs or Japan. It is however fairly entertaining, particularly if you have an interest in tall girls.

Spoiler

Edited by tymmur

1 hour ago, Sayaka said:

I get what you're saying, but it's still an otomege. It just doesn't fit your expectations or past experience of otome.

Yes, I know. It's categorized as otome, and that's fine. I just pointed out that I personally wouldn't consider it an otoge .

The script is effing hilarious, though. That made up for my disappointment in the lack of emotion or drama :3 

Edited by milkteebaby