Chrono Clock question

exaccuss

Just now, Kiriririri said:

They have had beta out for ks backers for a while now. It's also available on Nutaku atm and should be coming on Denpasoft soon.

Okay. Thanks. I don't wanna fool around on too many of these websites, so I'll wait for Denpa's release. They don't have a very detailed website in that regard to releases other than their twitter, which I don't have.

4 minutes ago, Noumi Kudryavka said:

Okay. Thanks. I don't wanna fool around on too many of these websites, so I'll wait for Denpa's release. They don't have a very detailed website in that regard to releases other than their twitter, which I don't have.

Actually now that I checked I'm not sure if there will be one sold on Denpasoft. Denpasoft might only have it for backers...

6 minutes ago, Noumi Kudryavka said:

Do you know if it will be cheaper when it's released on Denpasoft? Considering that the one on Nutaku is €40,-

It'll most likely be the same price, but there might be a launch discount since it'll have been out for a month on Steam and Nutaku by then. There's no official confirmation about that but I know that The Labyrinth of Grisaia came out with a discount when it launched on Denpasoft, so it's possible.

2 hours ago, Noumi Kudryavka said:

You can access Twitter without having an account. You could also create one for specific purposes, such as following companies.

Well, I just got the unrated version from DenpaSoft since I backed it on Kickstarter. It was kind of amusing since I was billed 9.999 $ for it, but got a coupon code which gave me a discount of 9.999 $. I'm not sure if that's the 'normal' way how such things are done, but the first moment I saw that price tag I really thought "Are you fu**ing kidding me?!". :blink:

Anyway, currently my only problem is that I'm stll busy with my replay of Kara no Shoujo 2 and I already have 11 Eyes, Da Capo 3 and Pygmalion in my alarmingly growing backlog... :amane:

7 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Well, I just got the unrated version from DenpaSoft since I backed it on Kickstarter. It was kind of amusing since I was billed 9.999 $ for it, but got a coupon code which gave me a discount of 9.999 $. I'm not sure if that's the 'normal' way how such things are done, but the first moment I saw that price tag I really thought "Are you fu**ing kidding me?!". :blink:

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I think it's a combination of unusual factors, but this is all hypothesis, however likely:

• Nutaku as a platform probably doesn't have codes for them to give out
  • Denpasoft store can only give out codes for things that are on sale
  • They have an agreement that the game will be available exclusively on Nutaku for one month.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:15 PM, ChaosRaven said:

Anyway, currently my only problem is that I'm stll busy with my replay of Kara no Shoujo 2 and I already have 11 Eyes, Da Capo 3 and Pygmalion in my alarmingly growing backlog... :amane:

That's a shady business practice, you gave them 10 dollars in the end, even if you can spend them in other games.

I redeemed from steam but I'm afraid this will remain in my backlog in aeternum.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

1 minute ago, WinterfuryZX said:

That's a shady business practice, you gave them 10 dollars in the end, even if you can spend them in other games.

I don't understand, besides my original Kickstarter pledge I didn't pay anything. From where are you getting that 10 $ I apparently paid?

12 minutes ago, ShinRaikdou said:

Um, so, anyone playing this?

I really want to know about translation quality (did they do Edit and TLC?).

Most VN translation companies don't do TLC unless they're buying a fan translation, because they trust their TLs to get it right the first time.

edit: Most VN companies won't hire translators who require another translator to double check them in the first place, is what I'm saying.

Edited by Decay

13 minutes ago, Decay said:

Most VN translation companies don't do TLC unless they're buying a fan translation, because they trust their TLs to get it right the first time.

I understand. But what about edit? I found this strange, when game released so soon after simple TL(and even gave beta(wha?) for backers).

Though, nonetheless i am more interested in final quality, and if they did what should be done, then none of that to matter ...

Edited by ShinRaikdou

Editing is always a necessity in a professional work.  But there's a difference of degree.  There's "yeah, I screened for typos and fixed some inconsistent terminology", and then there's "I rewrote the whole thing, using the translator's work as Cliff Notes of what the Japanese was trying to say".

Um, so, anyone playing this?

I really want to know about translation quality (did they do Edit and TLC?).

In general, feel free to assume anything put out by Sekai or MangaGamer or even Jast has a good quality translation, unless you hear otherwise.  (And in the case of MangaGamer, as long as it wasn't one of their early releases.)

It's not like these three never screw up - Imouto Paradise wasn't translated all that well, and Flowers was a Big Deal.  Rather, these are the big three, the established big names.  They've been doing this for a long while now.  They've released lots of titles.  Translations from them are simply expected to be good.  If one isn't, you won't need to ask here; you'll see an existing thread about it because someone will have already started one.  Their work can be assumed to have been edited.  And since they pay, unlike fan translators, they generally don't put up with translators who need TLC, because they don't have to.  (Odd exceptions like Flowers are the odd exception.)

Edited by Nandemonai