• Girl with wind power and hold rapier, Yves Elaine Austin
    • Katana and ice power user, Kamishiro Touko
    • Supposed powerless girl, Someya Yuzu
    • Using greatsword and had fire power, Yasukuni Akane

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Tiagofvarela said:

Just to get a sense of the length, how far into the common route am I when

Reveal hidden contents

Ooba's amplification ability is discovered?

Spoiler

That's the end of the prologue, so you still have a good amount to go on the common route.

7 minutes ago, Dergonu said:
  Hide contents

That's the end of the prologue, so you still have a good amount to go on the common route.

Excellent, when I saw the opening, I was getting worried, as it had seemed rather short until that point; yet simultaneously it appeared too be slightly too long for a regular Prologue. I'm glad that it was merely the Prologue after all.

22 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Excellent, when I saw the opening, I was getting worried, as it had seemed rather short until that point; yet simultaneously it appeared too be slightly too long for a regular Prologue. I'm glad that it was merely the Prologue after all.

End of prologue is like 50% of common route, then the next 25% is prepping for tournament, and last 25% the actual tournament.

Actually more like 40% prepping for tournament, 10% actual tournament..

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Yeah but ... the hat though

Reveal hidden contents

BatXsuF.png

Wow, that's some really bad CG. Nice colours, and 'editing', but picture is just shit.

Left leg is going sooooooo wide, that she's looking like some atrocious mutant from 80s' science fiction movies. Her palm is the size of her eye. She's holding her hands like somebody demented. Her head is sooooo big that it's wider than her waist, and her hair is just a humongous helmet.

I made fast sketch in paint:

Spoiler

2ylqRYd.jpg

3 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Wow, that's some really bad CG. Nice calours, and 'eciting', but picture is just shit.

Left leg is going sooooooo wide, that she's looking like some atrocious mutant from 80s' science fiction movies. Her palm is the size of her eye. She's holding her hands like somebody demented. Her head is sooooo big that it's wider than her waist, and her hair is some humongous helmet.

I made fast sketch in paint:

Reveal hidden contents

2ylqRYd.jpg

whatisthis.png

It's at times like these I'm so glad I don't have super keen mega eyes that can detect the slightest flaw in everything. All I see is my waifu in a cute hat :miyako:

By the way, the CG is from the fandisk, so you can play the game without seeing the "atrocious mutant from 80s' science fiction movie". Your day is saved, huzza.

28 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

It's at times like these I'm so glad I don't have super keen mega eyes that can detect the slightest flaw in everything. All I see is my waifu in a cute hat :miyako:

By the way, the CG is from the fandisk, so you can play the game without seeing the "atrocious mutant from 80s' science fiction movie". Your day is saved, huzza.

Well, I MIIIIIIGHT went a little too far. :miyako:  Anyway I don't intend to play it ever, so yeah. :P

Also - sometimes I envy people who do not see flaws as painfully often as I do. :P I imagine your life must be much, much more easier, especially in aspect of enjoyment of entertainment. :P

Yes, much easier. Because I'm not picky enough to care about things like that. I'll shake my finely shaped butt in front of you, who won't play this, along with the others.

Chiharu has a route in the Fandisc/ReVive part, right? I'm almost done with Akane...I think. I want to see what is up with her and what goes on in that (perverted) head of hers.

Just now, MFrost said:

Yes, much easier. Because I'm not picky enough to care about things like that. I'll shake my finely shaped butt in front of you, who won't play this, along with the others.

Chiharu has a route in the Fandisc/ReVive part, right? I'm almost done with Akane...I think. I want to see what is up with her and what goes on in that (perverted) head of hers.

She does yes. I haven't gotten to her route yet, so idk exactly what happens in it, but I'm really looking forward to it.

10 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

She does yes. I haven't gotten to her route yet, so idk exactly what happens in it, but I'm really looking forward to it.

AH cool, maybe it'll better explain these comments -

Um3jd8k.png

qVqEZVk.png

6IYZnQm.png

...I kinda want to see what pictures Chiharu takes...

For some first impressions on the characters*, I rather like Akane more than I thought. She's very earnest and does feel like a samurai on occasion. The best parts, however, are those moments where she panics or becomes highly flustered. Those are just fantastic.

Yves is a very curious character indeed, and I'll need to mull over her for a while longer. For now, I quite like her unabashed selfishness. She also seems like a good person, though it seems inconsistent: Her set of values seems dislocated from common sense on certain aspects, if I had to say.

Touko is also a fantastic Kuudere. Every single Kuudere I have seen lately has shown much more prominent emotion or fondness than what would be to my tastes, so this is rather uplifting. I wonder if we can make it to the end of the common route without any more than a couple of emotional outbursts at rare moments?

I'm not particularly fond of Yuzu, though. Maybe if she focused more on the scientific side... I wonder if her route will focus on that? It would mean the route has great potential, certainly.

The route order is more or less decided, although it is subject to change: Yves, Akane, Yuzu and Touko.

*Up until the end of the training camp.

On 7/17/2016 at 11:25 AM, TexasDice said:

Even reading a different route doesn't allow me to escape my true feelings. 

Hide contents

gPKCcHU.jpg

I am definitely broken, please return me to the factory ASAP. Thanks <3

Oh and Austin's route was okay, I guess. l actually laughed out loud when at one point they reused the same background and the same character sprite with the excuse of a "twin brother". 

Koiken Otome started out kind of janky and lightly bad, but it got better over time. No idea if I have a fork in my brain or if it grew on my me, but I really feel like everything got better and better the longer I read. So far, I like the character routes more than the common route.

Did this happen during Yves' route? (kinda seems like it does, but want to make sure) I wanna know what the context of this conversation is, but I REALLY Don't want to go into her route...

5 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Nothing wrong with her anatomy from what I can see :holo:

Slightly nsfw:

Reveal hidden contents

You turn from the truth because your heart is weak and-

Oh hawt damn :kosame: 

2 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

The route order is more or less decided, although it is subject to change: Yves, Akane, Yuzu and Touko.

Is that based on a "save best girl for last" kind of thing or..?

8 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Is that based on a "save best girl for last" kind of thing or..?

That's what I was thinking too. There's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY, that Touko should be the last route, unless you want to end on a good note and crave more.
I'm definitely DEFINTELY saving her After Story part in Revive for last...I mean THIS!! -

tCmbAhp.png?1

Also Akane's After Story seems pretty good too.

And dammit, I'm having so much trouble right now with VNR trying to go thru Chiharu's route on KO:Revive. I think it's because it's translating and displaying the subtitles in-game, but I'm not sure how to just turn that portion off. When I try, the subtitle box just freezes up instead. and their FAQ/Help is of no use either. Pressing CTRL just skips everything dammit.

4 hours ago, MFrost said:

And dammit, I'm having so much trouble right now with VNR trying to go thru Chiharu's route on KO:Revive. I think it's because it's translating and displaying the subtitles in-game, but I'm not sure how to just turn that portion off. When I try, the subtitle box just freezes up instead. and their FAQ/Help is of no use either. Pressing CTRL just skips everything dammit.

Try using chiitrans, VNR is pretty bad. Deep Blue made a guide on it a while back.

finished two routes of koiken otome, i guess the game is just not for me.
I like the characters but they are kind of flat in my opinion and the common route got boring at some point, which is strange as i generally enjoy long common routes.
For me the weakest point was the overall story and the world building which felt really empty to me there just was not much to it.