Best Anime No One Has Seen

Bytor

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I only just finished this anime a month ago, but needless to say it has questioned my political views, and influenced my standard for anime. In terms of quality of writing, themes, and characters this is among the finest anime I have seen, right up there with Monster. Unfortunately, I wouldn't call it a thriller. So if you want to constantly turn in your seat like with Death Note, then I couldn't exactly recommend Legend of the Galactic Heroes. But if you're looking for quality food for thought, then look no further as this is the cream of the crop. Never have I seen politics done so well and realistically in anime before.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I only just finished this anime a month ago, but needless to say it has questioned my political views, and influenced my standard for anime. In terms of quality of writing, themes, and characters this is among the finest anime I have seen, right up there with Monster. Unfortunately, I wouldn't call it a thriller. So if you want to constantly turn in your seat like with Death Note, then I couldn't exactly recommend Legend of the Galactic Heroes. But if you're looking for quality food for thought, then look no further as this is the cream of the crop. Never have I seen politics done so well and realistically in anime before.

Stop reminding I've had this in my backlog for almost a year. I've yet to read a negative review about it.

Actually I've yet to read a comment that doesn't say it's great.

But somehow I can't sit down and get to watch 110 episodes before a long time scheduling.

Stop reminding I've had this in my backlog for almost a year. I've yet to read a negative review about it.

Actually I've yet to read a comment that doesn't say it's great.

But somehow I can't sit down and get to watch 110 episodes before a long time scheduling.

Yeah, starting it is the hardest step. I had told myself for a year that I would watch it but never did. Then this summer when I was bored and scrolling through my Youtube subscriptions a reviewer I respect uploaded a top ten list and with each listing he explained why he liked the series while avoiding the use of spoilers. LOTGH was his number 1 and he did a great job explaining it. I then decided that I didn't have anything else to do and decided to download the series and start it. Once you watch a few episodes it starts feeling less and less like a huge mountain to climb and is more enjoyable as you get immersed in the story. 

I remember hearing about how well received R.O.D. both the OVA and the TV series was, but I never hear anyone... talking about it. Am I just not looking in the right places? The movie and show are downright amazing and deserve people to be looking into them more if not.

Before moe-everything was a thing, Galaxy Angel was a freakin amazing and funny anime. I never hear anyone talk about it either.

Only other one I can think of is 2x2 Shinobuden (Ninja Nonsense). Great comedy, I don't often hear about it though.

Im sure no one has watched neither Mushishi nor Uchuu Kyoudai. Both are mindblowinly amazing. :P Those were great manga adaptations... in the other hand Planetes... man... the manga was incredible... the anime should not be viewed by anyone. Im serious. Its a crime against mankind.

Im sure no one has watched neither Mushishi nor Uchuu Kyoudai. Both are mindblowinly amazing. :P Those were great manga adaptations... in the other hand Planetes... man... the manga was incredible... the anime should not be viewed by anyone. Im serious. Its a crime against mankind.

Eh? Planetes is one of my favorite anime. I honestly don't see how it's doing a crime against the manga. The tone is slightly different but I really loved it.

Mushishi is indeed amazing. I plan to watch Uchuu Kyoudai some day, but you know, hopping into a 70+ episodes show still airing... needs motivation. I heard there were some weak parts.

Eh? Planetes is one of my favorite anime. I honestly don't see how it's doing a crime against the manga. The tone is slightly different but I really loved it.

Mushishi is indeed amazing. I plan to watch Uchuu Kyoudai some day, but you know, hopping into a 70+ episodes show still airing... needs motivation. I heard there were some weak parts.

-_- Are you sure that we watched the same anime ? Because in one hand you have a slapstick comedy BS and in the other hand you have a seinen that not only deals in an almost academic fashion the deals of space exploration, but also dwells in a profound philosophical meditation about several human issues. 

To be honest i dont understand how thats "slightly" different... 

I just found a great review comparing the manga vs the anime. 

I loved this comment. It summarizes my feelings in the respect in a single greatly delivered paragraph. 

I like to think of the Planetes anime as something like a hot dog: 5% original content, 90% filler, and 5% raccoon. It's like an animation company bought the rights to the manga and said "Hey, I like the idea of space garbage men, and I like the names, but let's change everything else!" Then they ritualistically killed a dog, because that's what evil people do.

http://www.sleepisfortheweak.org/pics/planetes/

Mmm... when it comes to Uchuu Kyoudai... well... i agree that 70+ chapters looks like a unsourmontable mountain... but if you give it a chance you will keep on gulping episode after episode non stop. But that`s just me. Since its a seinen slice of life, its bound to slow its pace now and then. At least its one of those great adaptations of the original material. I think that its really similar to Monster in that aspect. 

I was under the impression Space Bros was popular, bur whatever.  I got near 30 episdoes or so a while back, but I recently decided to start over watching it.  Back to episode 4 now.

I remember hearing about how well received R.O.D. both the OVA and the TV series was, but I never hear anyone... talking about it. Am I just not looking in the right places? The movie and show are downright amazing and deserve people to be looking into them more if not.

Before moe-everything was a thing, Galaxy Angel was a freakin amazing and funny anime. I never hear anyone talk about it either.

I have the ROD OVA on DVD from Manga Entertainment, though I haven't watched the TV series.  It was ok I guess, nothing too memorable, I haven't watched it in years.  There were also ads for Galaxy Angel in my old FLCL dvds, but I've never actualy watched the show.

Some shows that I think were popular in my days, but don't really hear much about anymore :  Romeo's Blue Skies, Wolf's Rain, Risky Safety, DNA2, Gunnm, Hand Maid May, Photon, Tenshi ni Narumon!, Master Keaton, Yawara!, Key the Metal Idol.

A bit more recent : Tower of Druaga, Thermae Romae(I really loved that show, even bought the french edition of the manga)

I was under the impression Space Bros was popular, bur whatever.  I got near 30 episdoes or so a while back, but I recently decided to start over watching it.  Back to episode 4 now.

I have the ROD OVA on DVD from Manga Entertainment, though I haven't watched the TV series.  It was ok I guess, nothing too memorable, I haven't watched it in years.  There were also ads for Galaxy Angel in my old FLCL dvds, but I've never actualy watched the show.

Some shows that I think were popular in my days, but don't really hear much about anymore :  Romeo's Blue Skies, Wolf's Rain, Risky Safety, DNA2, Gunnm, Hand Maid May, Photon, Tenshi ni Narumon!, Master Keaton, Yawara!, Key the Metal Idol.

A bit more recent : Tower of Druaga, Thermae Romae(I really loved that show, even bought the french edition of the manga)

You are like the third person that told me that he watched it. Or even knew about it.