What's this new Katahane thing?

Ariurotl

The game's art was already in 16:9 so there shouldn't be any cropping.

edit: Also, the promo art is reused from the first game, so I doubt we're stretching into "remake" territory here. At most, there might be a few bonus scenes or something.

edit 2: To clarify, as said below the game's resolution was 800x600, but the art's resolution was 800x450 with the bottom 150 pixels being used by the no-transparency text box and UI. So, no cropping necessary.

>New OP

The OP is great, though :(

Anyway, already started reading Katahane, though god knows if I'll actually finish. If the pictures are just going to be a pure upscale, it's not like your GPU can't do that anyway... though if you take the time and use better algorithms it might look better.

48 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

>New OP

The OP is great, though :(

Anyway, already started reading Katahane, though god knows if I'll actually finish. If the pictures are just going to be a pure upscale, it's not like your GPU can't do that anyway... though if you take the time and use better algorithms it might look better.

It's a really great read, and it just keeps getting better the further in you get. ( hah! :makina: ) By the end you'll be like  :pyaa: ! 

Speaking of this new version, do you guys think the old English patch will work on it? 

7 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Speaking of this new version, do you guys think the old English patch will work on it? 

If they use the same engine/files, probably, but it's unlikely this will be the case since they want to improve compatibility for newer OS.
Also the UI redesign will inevitably mean some things are incompatible.

However, it shouldn't be impossible to make second version of the patch that works on it.

10 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Wait, is this the same Fue as the one you get when you google 'Fue artist'?

I'm confused

Pretty sure there's at least two artists going by that name, the other one is mostly illustrating hentai doujinshi or something. It's easy to tell their works apart though.