ChuSinGura 46+1 Kickstarter comes out of nowhere (with added Engrish and sketchyness)

Zenophilious

21 hours ago, Ningen said:

Here's the original Japanese character description.

Wqc7KLc.png

It does indeed say Naginata (長刀) in the Japanese description.

But this Naginata means longs sword in here.

If you look it up in a decent dictionary Naginata can also mean long sword.

To distinguish those two meanings the "real" Naginata is nowadays only written as 薙刀.

If you want to read about this in-depth, try the Japanese Wikipedia.

In the West Naginata means only the Halberd-like thing.

This is why direct translations don't work.

On a side note, they didn't remove Shinpachi's protruding nipple, the Vita Version removed that.

Her weapon is inspired by washing/drying pole that you might be familiar with if you played Dark Souls or read on Miyamoto Musashi / Sasaki Kojirou (so yes, it's nodachi). Also, these guys are hopeless if they can't differentiate between  長刀 (choutou) and 薙刀. You'd never make that mistake if you were actually familiar with these words (unless they thought it was written in ancient Japanese or something, lol). Besides, it even calls her weapon 剣 in the same passage which literally means sword.

On 10.5.2016 at 1:51 PM, Conjueror said:

if you played Dark Souls

They are casuals, who only play stuff like Civ, as they said on the Prefundia

To be brutally honest, I thought a mobage was just a mobile game, since I'm more of a Civ V/Age II gamer myself

:miyako::miyako::miyako:

By the way, here's another report and as of now congratulation for reaching at least 10,000. Well, to be exact at 10,060 and it only move around 700 or 800 from last week, which should be enough to see this Kickstarter will absolutely be failed unless we could persuade 15 very rich people to donate 10,000 to this project. I think my comment is that at least they managed to upload full opening video instead only 15 second I suppose. Well, other than that couldn't comment much.

• 3 weeks later...

Only 3 days left and it's still at around 10,000 (10,574 to be exact). Let's just said that this is definitely failed project, unless in 2 days we got 15 people who got too much money donate 10,000 each (Unlikely scenario I knew). And looks like the company already give up ie not give much update (The last update was from May 9th). That's all for my update.

Well, it got what it deserved IMO. Ludovico Morreale made a long comment on why this KS likely failed. He summed my whole issue with one of his bullet points. "-you want to release an all-ages version on Steam, your CUSTOMERS want the 18+ version (standalone or via patch)". Happy to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

And well it's failed with 11,074 raised. Okay, I understand that they need much money to localized the game because of the seiyuu, and also if they want to use Steam to raise the awareness. But they announced that they'll port mobage first, while the mobage itself was far from what we should expect from ChunSingura. Also they didn't even show any translated scene from the game itself (According to my observation, for the project that need more than 100,000 funded (Libra and Root Double), they'd show the translated scene from the game, so I think JAPAN also should did that with ChuSinGura). And lastly, while some user maybe didn't care about physical copy, I knew some user cared about that and yet JAPAN didn't offer that for the one who care about that (And they also offer digital version of physical and OST, but no physical version). Instead they offer something like merchandise thing. That's all I could think in regard of this failed Kickstarter.

12 hours ago, Codesterz said:

He summed my whole issue with one of his bullet points. "-you want to release an all-ages version on Steam, your CUSTOMERS want the 18+ version (standalone or via patch)". Happy to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

I really don't think it has been the main reason why this particular thing has failed so hard :'D

11 hours ago, novurdim said:

I really don't think it has been the main reason why this particular thing has failed so hard :'D

This was just one of the reasons he mentioned in his comment, but it's the main reason I didn't back it though. I know there are a fair amount of people of people who didn't back it for this reason.